Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,583 of 1,842 1 2 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Got back from chasing (literally) turkeys yesterday. We went 1-3 with some really crazy weather, hard rain mostly. The literal chasing came with this old fat man running through the woods to intercept a Tom. Not a pretty sight. Almost coughed up a lung. And almost swallowed my mouth call...all for naught.

That story reminds me of Grizzly_Bill and his one and only turkey slaying.

Good 'ol grizzly finally got a tom to come in for him nice and pretty and he took a swat at it, hitting it. But not well. It commenced the turkey flop but got up and started to move. Grizz poked at him again and missed. Took another shot and it went down.

He set his empty gun down and went to go get his tom. When he got up to it, the bird got up and went on the move again. Grizzly_Bill chased that bird up and down some hills in central WI for almost a mile before he was able to circle around it in a brush pile and beat it with a stick he found laying on the ground! That makes me laugh every time I think about it. The anger he must have reigned down on that tom when he caught up to it had to be impressive!

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's an awesome story Tom.

I can almost imagine it transpiring !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Well hells bells I'll sell ya a boat.

I might be interested. nothing fancy, carpet may be ok, but that's as nice as I'd dare to go. at least 16' and no livewell. maybe needing a paint job? but doesn't leak a drop.

also a plus if has a trailer that the lights work.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
It's far from fancy. 1986 Alumacraft Classic 16.5' It does have a trailer, and lights that work. And a bad ass locator and Minnkota trolling motor.

You can paint it like a rainbow as far as I'm concerned. It does have carpet, seats, a console, 75hp suzuki 2stroke, and you'll have to take the livewell out. grin Why wouldn't you want a livewell?

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Get out of here livewell! Get away! Go away livewell!

Junk, we hate you livewell!

grin

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
never use them, state law makes them impractical. can't remove any water from a lake, so all fish have to go on ice before leaving. and everything drained, so we just use a floating basket and throw them on ice when we leave anyway. it saves a step. plus they can get plugged with slime and gunk. I try to keep it as simple as possible when I'm corralling the youngins.

laugh

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Good luck to the T-Team!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nice turkey Ryan.

I have a 1990 Crestliner Fishhawk 16'. '91 40 hp 4 cylinder Merc. Nothing fancy. Needs paint. If I did not want to use the live well for fish, I would turn it into a beer pop cooler. smile Here are some OLD pics. The only ones I have.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Good luck on the turkey hunt Tom. I hope the wee one bags a big one!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That thing has a steering wheel!
man what will they think of next? a motor that will raise and lower itself with the push of a button!? or turn on with a button push? seriously, boats are getting more sophisticated every stinkin day. heard a guy tell me he can program where his boat will go and all he has to do is fish. I'll have to see that one to believe it though!

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That actually is true. There is a trolling motor that self deploys and you can run it to the dock with a remote. The next boat will have one. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
learn something new everyday. now if they had a lure that would seek out fish and jiggle in front of them til they bit, I would be all about that!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Got back from chasing (literally) turkeys yesterday. We went 1-3 with some really crazy weather, hard rain mostly. The literal chasing came with this old fat man running through the woods to intercept a Tom. Not a pretty sight. Almost coughed up a lung. And almost swallowed my mouth call...all for naught.

Good 'ol grizzly finally got a tom to come in for him nice and pretty and he took a swat at it, hitting it. But not well. It commenced the turkey flop but got up and started to move. Grizz poked at him again and missed. Took another shot and it went down.

He set his empty gun down and went to go get his tom. When he got up to it, the bird got up and went on the move again. Grizzly_Bill chased that bird up and down some hills in central WI for almost a mile before he was able to circle around it in a brush pile and beat it with a stick he found laying on the ground! That makes me laugh every time I think about it. The anger he must have reigned down on that tom when he caught up to it had to be impressive!

Thanks Tom!

That one made me laugh out loud and brought a tear to my eye at the same time. Sure do miss Bill around here.

cf

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Thanks Tom!

That one made me laugh out loud and brought a tear to my eye at the same time. Sure do miss Bill around here.

cf

Me too...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow you folks have been busy! Either that or I've been slacking the last 5-6 weeks. It took me an hour to catch up. The wild turkey stories make my mouth water. I would love to try a turkey moose as well. I'm guessing I'll have to visit Chickenbuck to lay eyes on one of them.

It's been a bit busy this spring and I'm way behind schedule. I added onto my shop. I went up 2' so I could get my large machines inside during rain weeks or winter months. I have a little left to finish but it's useable with a 13' tall door.

I picked up another dozer for my business a couple months ago. I know we all get tired of ND complaining about the road to camp so now I have the perfect machine to fix it. I'm waiting for him to decide on a full 4-lanes or just 2 lanes with some passing zones. Do we need a poll???

I'm cleaning an old ditch in a spot the locals refer to as "The Swamp". I buried my Ranger just trying to get my survey equipment close to the site. I'll finish that up in the morning then off to ND's area to do some erosion control along a drainage ditch.

It got warm and dry fast here this spring and with no rain to speak of, the farmers are rolling fast and hard. I'm having trouble keeping ahead of them. I normally work during rain days and wet weather while they sit for a few days but no moisture in sight.

I'll post some pics when I have the time and patients to jump through the hoops.

I had a lot more to add but I'm tired and tomorrow comes early. I'll try to keep up better next time. Take care all!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Wow you folks have been busy! Either that or I've been slacking the last 5-6 weeks. It took me an hour to catch up. The wild turkey stories make my mouth water. I would love to try a turkey moose as well. I'm guessing I'll have to visit Chickenbuck to lay eyes on one of them.

It's been a bit busy this spring and I'm way behind schedule. I added onto my shop. I went up 2' so I could get my large machines inside during rain weeks or winter months. I have a little left to finish but it's useable with a 13' tall door.

I picked up another dozer for my business a couple months ago. I know we all get tired of ND complaining about the road to camp so now I have the perfect machine to fix it. I'm waiting for him to decide on a full 4-lanes or just 2 lanes with some passing zones. Do we need a poll???

I'm cleaning an old ditch in a spot the locals refer to as "The Swamp". I buried my Ranger just trying to get my survey equipment close to the site. I'll finish that up in the morning then off to ND's area to do some erosion control along a drainage ditch.

It got warm and dry fast here this spring and with no rain to speak of, the farmers are rolling fast and hard. I'm having trouble keeping ahead of them. I normally work during rain days and wet weather while they sit for a few days but no moisture in sight.

I'll post some pics when I have the time and patients to jump through the hoops.

I had a lot more to add but I'm tired and tomorrow comes early. I'll try to keep up better next time. Take care all!!!
Well you gotta put in a dedicated lane for all the Swamp Squids......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by White_Bear

If I get a vote...

I'd be happy to be able to in with a trailer. Missy drives a Chevy though so you might have to lay some Class 5 in there so she can make it in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like he needs a toll booth out at the road......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
There will be a shuttle available for chevy drivers.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dave, howz ya cheby going ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 1,583 of 1,842 1 2 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,762 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,625
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.