Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I saw something yesterday that I have not seen for at least 25 years around here.

Diesel selling for .10 per gallon less than gas ( 1.99 for diesel 2.09 for gas). Its usually at least .25 per gallon higher.

Any other areas seeing this?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
I saw something yesterday that I have not seen for at least 25 years around here.

Diesel selling for .10 per gallon less than gas ( 1.99 for diesel 2.09 for gas). Its usually at least .25 per gallon higher.

I am seeing it in the W-S/Greensboro area . Nice attempt at price fixing

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

Yep - a short few months ago.. Never thought I'd see that day..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some stations here are a little below and some a little above. Seems that Randy and I saw a couple of places in Oklahoma near a year ago when he drove me back from Quemado, where diesel was a little less than Gasoline. Not many, just a couple. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
10 cents less near Atlanta...

We just bought a gas car and this happens. When I bought my f250 diesel about a decade earlier, the prices for diesel went from below economy to higher than premium gas.

I wonder if my genes have a schleprock mutation.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
yes in Chattanooga. Was surprised to see that as well.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
price gouging you know them bastads ain't gona miss a trick to make money

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Wholesale cost for diesel is well below gasoline, has been for 6 months...

Stations don't compete and drive diesel pricing down like they do on gas.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
its lower now because the oilfield has crashed, there's not the demand for it like there was when you had thousands of rigs generators and trucks running 24/7.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It used to be that way all the time. I never understood why the tables turned.

I wondered if it had to do with military consumption during the war in Iraq and Afganistan.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In the 80s and 90s diesel was cheaper than gas. I remember it went up after Katrina. I think it is cheaper to process than gas.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the main reason is what i stated above, everything in the oilfield runs on diesel.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read, a while back, that the U.S. was shipping diesel to China, and that was the reason prices were so high. According to the article, China had a strong economy and had a lot of building, etc going on.

It could be that now their economy isnt doing so well, they have stopped a lot of the projects, and dont need the fuel.

Also, the US is producing a larger percentage of the fuel we use, not buying it from the Arabs and others.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
its lower now because the oilfield has crashed, there's not the demand for it like there was when you had thousands of rigs generators and trucks running 24/7.

There you go, making sense.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
It used to be that way all the time. I never understood why the tables turned.

I wondered if it had to do with military consumption during the war in Iraq and Afganistan.

The "tables turned" when the government decided that sulfur in diesel fuel was drowning all the polar bears.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
the main reason is what i stated above, everything in the oilfield runs on diesel.

Less freight being hauled as well[an indicator of this fine economy according to Obama whistle ]
Simple supply & demand.

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Supply and demand. In years past, a lot of the US diesel was being shipped overseas since they could get a better price for it in Europe and China.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It has been that way here in Colorado for at least 6 months.

Remember when the refineries said that they wee operating at peak capacities and even if there was more crude,they couldn't make more fuel and that was what driving the price up to $4 a gallon.
Then they came out and said diesel was 50 cents a gallon higher than gas,because they got less diesel out of a barrel of crude.

You can't believe anything the oil companies say

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by saddlesore
It has been that way here in Colorado for at least 6 months.

Remember when the refineries said that they wee operating at peak capacities and even if there was more crude,they couldn't make more fuel and that was what driving the price up to $4 a gallon.
Then they came out and said diesel was 50 cents a gallon higher than gas,because they got less diesel out of a barrel of crude.

You can't believe anything the oil companies say

Yeah that is laughable. Around here the prices change daily and they get a shipment once a week , go figure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The switch to low sulfur diesel created a production bottleneck. Then a lot of China's factories started running on gen-sets because they could not get reliable electricity of the net. So for the refineries, it was easier to just export the diesel, rather than invest in the additional equipment to steam out the sulfur for the domestic market.

Then, China started building electrical plants like there was no tomorrow, the Euro market for transportation fuel went soft, and the US market for transportation fuel (semi-trucks) is down considerably.

So Chinese, European AND American demand for diesel is soft, and the proportion of gas / diesel is somewhat fixed, so the relative price of diesel is coming down.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

475 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 54 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.