Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
For me,

First time for me was the Polish day parade back in 1992. I was part of the Wayne State Republicans while in college, and that facilitated being the front camera fodder during his speech in Hamtramck, MI. Bush 1 stopped at the front of the stage before going up. Somebody threw a piece of broccoli at him that landed right at our feet. It was a tense moment until it was discovered as broccoli. Anyways, Gov Engler and President Bush stood 5-10 feet from me for about 3-4 minutes until the stage was cleared by the SS. We all looked at each other but didn't say a word. I voted for Buchanan that year in the primary. smile The back of my head was on the news that night.

Also witnessed Clinton and Bush 2 at speeches, but that was far away.

The best one was when I went to Bush 2's Inauguration in 2000. Drove through the night from NC to get there. Stood in the pouring rain for hours waiting for the traditional procession. Because of what I was doing at the time, I got to be off the avenue, and so happens, right across the street from the nut job protesters. My idea was to see Bush go by on the avenue. Figured in was a historical moment, being a tense election and all. Anyways, our immediate area on our side of the street was kind of sparse. It was just me and a guy from NY at the front by the street barrier. The NY guy held up a Bush sign when a press truck went by thinking it might have Bush behind it. The protesters thought the press truck might be Bush to, and started yelling. The press vehicle was not, and just cruised by. Now, it was just me, the guy from NY (with the Bush sign) and about 200 nut job protesters across the street from us. The avenue is real thin with barriers. The nut jobs caught eye of us. All of them. Then me the NY guy proceeded to get about 200 middle fingers pointed towards us. That really ticked me off. I wanted to go around the monument and get over there and have some fun with them. I was really nuts back then. My girlfriend (now wife) didnt have any of it, and I was her ride, so we left. Bummer.

Good times.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Too close to "Jimm'a" in Plains several times...way too close for me....and his boss, I mean his wife....and the really crazy secret service types...lol.....

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I totally cut out the military events.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i used to sit in Ronnies chair in the JCS Emergency Actions Room in the NMCC in the Pentagon while i was doing my PM's. it smelled like cabbage farts.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Worked security detail for Bush 2 when I was in Law Enforcement. A whole lotta meetings for a 40 minute gig.

Buy once, cry once.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bush I

Shook his hand.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Friend of mine has a suicide doored Continental that his dad and LBJ
used to hunt the ranch.
I got to sit in it.
I walked by Bush Senior on my way to visit with Stormin Norman.
Had spent a week in elk camp with the General.
Rather'd the General.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I sure as hell wish I had been at Fuzzy's Pizza in Houston when George Bush Sr. was there, I would have made the news for sure!

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No but I'd be happy to get within 600 yards of O on a calm day.

LOL
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Did a security detail for Bush 2. Got photos with me shaking his hand an an arm around my shoulders. He was a great guy.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sitting POTUS, no.

Though I did make Jimmah dinner one night.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worked detail at the white house..early 80's... Don't worry they are people like u me, only they dress better...and think they are all that.( the folks under the prez trying to out do the other guy)

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Did a security detail for Bush 2. Got photos with me shaking his hand an an arm around my shoulders. He was a great guy.
He is a great guy. Took time for all of us to get a pic.

Buy once, cry once.
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Shook Ronald Regean's hand while I was a student at LSU.
In my opinion he was the greatest president in my lifetime.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
S
Stood in the front row of the audience when Reagan was giving his address to the nation from the US Base there in Reykjavik Iceland immediately following the Reagan/Gorbachev Summit. I was 13yrs old and remember it clearly. I was probably only 15 feet or so from him the entire speech.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was installing some security equipment at the airport in Waco, when Air Force 1 landed (That's where he flew into when going to Crawford). Bush and several others got got off plane and was headed my way. The SS got to me first and asked what I was doing and to see my ID. I showed them and asked could I meet Bush. Guy said he would check and as Bush was approaching, he walked over to Bush and said something. Bush came over, we introduced ourselves, and we shook hands.

After that, I did some work at Bush's place at Crawford, but never saw anyone, other than the contractor and security people.

I met Clinton when he was Gov. of Arkansas.

I refused to see osamie's motorcade come thru Dauphin Island. I stayed in the office. Ticked off my boss, but he got over it.

Saw Al Gore at an OSHA conference in DC. He gave the opening speech.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
He is a great guy. Took time for all of us to get a pic.

Yes he is. I was standing next to him because I was standing next to my buddy, a TX Ranger, when Bush 2 was in downtown Midland.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I got a call from the state department in 2002 with a request to meet with the president and the department of the interior to discuss the opportunities for a wildlife corridor that was being proposed in the Gallatin National Forest, near Big Sky Montana.

I respectfully declined and told them I was hosting the prairie dog invitational and couldn't accept the appointment...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Have you washed your hand to date?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, Harry Truman and John F. Kennedy. Met Reagan when he was Governor of Calif.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was told that I saw President Johnson. I was in Basic training in Ft. Bliss, Texas in the fall of 1967 when he met with the President of Mexico. They marched us down there, but He was so far away, it could have been anybody. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Sitting <40 feet just left of center (from his view) of Obama when he was on stage at the school here last fall. I could have gone up and shook his hand with 100 or more others, but that was just going too far!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In 2011, I saw Air Force 1 leaving Portland, it was the only dark thing in the sky...

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 05/04/16. Reason: critical date detail

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
There was a chunky, blond headed guy about 16 y/o, come down out of Arkansas and got lost in Louisiana. I gave him directions to get where he wanted. His name was Bill Clinton.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the 34 years of my prior LE job, I got to meet, shake hands, and ( with most ) have my photo taken with every President starting with Reagan ( with the exception of one, ), Vice- President, First Lady, and the Queen of England as part of their local security detail partnership. Reagan & Bush II were the best. Bush II was the most fun to be with. Great guy. Declined to be photographed with Clinton ( after the Secret Service told us that no matter what you do, DO NOT mention the Second Amendment shocked . VP Gore had the softest hand shake. Barbara and Laura Bush were the nicest First Ladies. Both fun to be around.

Seemed like the Republicans were always more fun to be around than the Democrats.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Moms got a pic of Lester Maddox and me when I was a wee tot.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Yes, I have a picture shaking hands with GW, and another with Bill Clinton. Part of the duties I did before I retired was liaison duties for dignitary visits, and this entailed working with the various entities providing the protection.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Both Bushs, Clinton, Obama.

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Since we have been talking military, I was interviewed for and was offered the MMCO job at HMX-1 in Quantico. I was so tired of Northern VA at that time, that I turned it down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMX-1

RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
In the 34 years of my prior LE job, I got to meet, shake hands, and ( with most ) have my photo taken with every President starting with Reagan ( with the exception of one, ), Vice- President, First Lady, and the Queen of England as part of their local security detail partnership. Reagan & Bush II were the best. Bush II was the most fun to be with. Great guy. Declined to be photographed with Clinton ( after the Secret Service told us that no matter what you do, DO NOT mention the Second Amendment shocked . VP Gore had the softest hand shake. Barbara and Laura Bush were the nicest First Ladies. Both fun to be around.

Seemed like the Republicans were always more fun to be around than the Democrats.

Every Marine that I have known to work at the Barracks or the White House, has said the same exact thing. And I know quite a few.

A few thought Biden was ok though.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Nope.
Close as I have been is I met Paul Ryan about five years ago. And I met John Kasich and had a conversation with him also five years ago.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've met GHWB and Jimmy Carter. Enjoyed talking to Bush, didn't have the nerve to tell Jimmy what I thought of his job. Those SS dudes didn't seem to have a sense of humor.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I rolled down the window, stuck my arm out and flipped bill clinton's motorcade the bird when they were headed in the opposite direction on the highway one day.

Does that count?

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
BHO flew over my house in an Osprey chopper/airplane thingy.

WJC passed under me on freeway I was on the overpass

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Took pictures of Ike for the Air Force.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reagan met the pope here in the mid 80's IIRC

YUGE turnout for them at the airport

Just never have understood the fascination with celebrities

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shook hands with Harry Truman, 5 at the time as he was 'stumping' for Eisenhower. Honor guard for Ronnie so within 3-4 feet. For some reason he didn't stop to shake my hand.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
He was out of office at the time but I got to shake Bush I's hand while running the Houston Marathon a few years ago. He was standing along the route cheering on the runners like a regular Joe and my running partner spotted him standing at the curb with a single SS officer by his side. We ran over and introduced ourselves and shook hands - I actually called him George instead of Mr. President. I was about 20 miles in at that point and not thinking entirely straight I guess.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Was in a WH support unit for 20 years, 1978-1998. Met them all in that time period. Coupla things stick in my mind...talking trout fishing with Bush 1, what a dick Bill Clinton was, (one of our contacts for a Christmas gig was Monica-she looked pretty good to me), what nice, classy people ALL the Bush's are,offering to let Kissinger and Gerald Ford cut in line in front of me in the pee line at Nixon's funeral (they insisted I go first, classy). Never met Hillary, and observed that Nancy Reagan REALLY controlled the space around her husband. Jimmah seemed to be a nice guy, but I did not agree with anything he said. Probably more than that, but I'm old, and I forget stuff. Did I mention the Bush's were classy, nice people?

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty darn cool benchman!

Dave

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have held GHWB, WJC, GWB, the Pope, Prince Charles, Jeff Gordon, Jack Nicklaus and Carl Edwards in 'the palm of my hand'......I was an Air Traffic Controller.

Had Slammin Sammy Snead as a passenger when I was a Charter Pilot.

My mom shook the hand of Jimmy Carter when he was campaigning........

Does any of that count? If not then NO!

PS: Edwards was faster on the track than he was flying home that day.

Asked Gordons crew if he ever flew the airplane, they said 'You ever see him drive, he wrecks a lot, We have an agreement, we don't drive his car, he doesn't fly the airplane'

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I shook hands with Jimmy C on an airplane a while back. He wan't sitting at the time, he was walking up and down the isles shaking hands. Those that knew him wished he would take a seat and those that didn't know him wished he would take a seat too.

I thought for a while that I had shaken hands with the worst President the US has ever had. Obama has blown that little personal record for me.

I have met one of the Secret Service agents that was there when Reagan was shot. He's a really nice guy. I think more of that meeting than I do of meeting President Jimmah.

Harry
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Fireball2
No but I'd be happy to get within 600 yards of O on a calm day.
Thumbs up on that one.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No! My mother told not to associate with people like that.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a Sales Manager once who had previously worked for another company, that had won a National Quality Award, and his team was presented the award by GW Bush. This guy is a typical extroverted, talkative salesman. They are standing in line to shake Bush's hand. When Bush comes to him, he opens his mouth...and totally freezes, so after a few awkward moments, Bush, smiles and goes on to the next person, while Mr. extrovert continues to stand there with his mouth open. grin

Dana Perino, the Fox News host, worked for W. One story she told is, the Bushes usually went to Camp David for Christmas, before flying home to Texas a couple days later. They did that so their staff and Secret Service could spend Christmas with their families. If they flew back to Texas, the staff had to go with them. Very considerate of them.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I went to Nixon's inaugural parade in 1969 when I was 7. I don't remember seeing the motorcade, I just remember the fact that my feet were freezing.

Back in the 80's when I drove a truck, I was headed up I270 and got behind Regan's motorcade headed to Camp David. It was raining and foggy. Not the best conditions for flying. They had the right and center lanes blocked but traffic was getting around them in the far left lane and was able to pass.

This doesn't count, but my cousin was SS for Quail. He met his wife during that gig, she was Bush 41's Navy nurse.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was close enough to share nods with Gerald Ford, shook hands with both George Bush the elder and Jimmy Carter when they both visited Cape Canaveral/KSC. Didn't want to shake with Carter but I was high enough on the base staff to be required to.

Carter was a prick, but Rosalynn was a true Southern lady. Bush was great. The above comment about Republicans versus Demos as far as personality is concerned is spot on. Dems seem to think of themselves as too elite to actually mingle with commoners.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Early eighties, my motorcycle period, Bush 1 was coming in to College Station TX to give a speech at Texas A&M. Me and a motorcycle buddy are on a grassy hill by a highway off ramp overlooking the small airport outside of town, a high vantage point maybe 1,000 yards away from the terminal.

A number of in-shape government types in casual sports attire also on said knoll, all with small submachine gun-sized sports bags slung over their shoulders. Air Force One helicopter and a number of limos waiting at the terminal, IIRC the helicopter blades slowly turning. Two other helicopters circling the airport 180 degrees apart. One of the government guys with us on the hill has a camera with a big lens, he takes a few photos of me and my buddy, we just look back at him, we understand what he is doing.

Air Force one approaches nearly head on, generating a lot of exaust. I ain't a pilot, but I figured they kept the engines cranked up so as to be ready for emergency evasive maneuvers, sorta like driving a car hi revs in low gear.

Plane lands and is already at the terminal faster than I would have thought possible, distant figures in motion.

Then, a few minutes later, we can't believe it....

...three limos in a line leave the airport and rather than take the direct route to the college campus, they head our way. Motorcade passes maybe twenty yards away just downhill. Me and my buddy, the only civilians there, are cheering and waving with both hands in the air like loons. George H W Bush looks up, sees us, laughs and waves. By that point me and my buddy are jumping up and down like little kids grin

Government guy with camera cracked a tiny bit of a smile, just a little.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh yeah, those linebacker types wearing bumpy suits - that rattle. Had modanuff of them during the two Presidential visits to the Cape. I understand their job, really I do. But they are some of the worst bullies and jerkoffs known to man.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I grew up 2 blocks away from the Gipper. He lived on 45th street, and I lived on 47th street. Played with his kids from time to time (they were a little older, and hung with my sister more than me). The Gip once ran over my bicycle when I was about 7 or 8. My fault, laid it down in the driveway and since it was on a slight hump, I'm sure he couldn't see it when he backed up. That night he showed up at our door with a brand new green Murray bicycle complete with banana seat.

My mom knew the Gipper too. She was the bartender on Tom Raley's yacht (85' motor yacht), and Ronnie would come out at least once a year and spend a day or two cruising with Tom and just relaxing. He tipped VERY well. My mom who was a lifelong democrat voted for Ronnie every time. She said it was because she could look him in the eye and see that he was a genuine man who meant what he said.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dwight Eisenhower and his Missus, Mamie were leaving the big Presbyterian church in D.C..
We were there on a quick week's visit, and playing tourist.
He stopped and shook my hand, and riveted me with eye to eye contact,.....I don't remember the verbiage exchanged, I remember stammering something ending in, "Sir".
I was 12 at the time, and an avid student of WW2.Almost immediately thought of the pics. of him talking to the paratroopers.
....I've oftimes reflected just how many young men he riveted with that same frank and honest look, Knowing that their number would soon be up.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Met and rode in the President D. D. Eisenhower,s limo with him when I was a young man, VERY neat.

Gramps was a big shot in IL republican politics, pres of the state and county party org. He was also a County Commissioner in Will county. Will County ALWAYS delivered the Republican vote.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The closest I've come is standing on a curb while Reagan went by in the limo. I can't exactly call it thrilling.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A 12 year old me rode my bike downtown in my scout uniform to see President Ford. There weren't that many people there and I got myself up to the front where he was shaking hands and signing things. He saw my uniform and asked me something I didn't hear and then I asked if he really could have been a Green Bay Packer (12 year old priorities) and he said "yes, but I'm kinda stuck doing this now", which got a chuckle from those that heard. He tousled my hair, shook my hand and moved on. Pretty cool!

I have a picture from an old Kodak around here somewhere. I'll post it if I can find it.

AF1 landed in GR when I think Reagan was President and my dad was the ranking civilian DoD guy in the area. His plane had to be refueled, but beforehand the fuel had to be tested. So dad took a sample down to K-zoo to the UpJohn Labs with a trooper in front and in back, lights and sirens the whole way. They (State Police) had him qualify at the range so he could carry during the trip. Kind of a big deal I guess. He was very proud to have done it - I was too.

Other than that - I've seen a number a motorcades, but you really can't see anyone in the limo as they speed by.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Reagan met the pope here in the mid 80's IIRC

YUGE turnout for them at the airport

Just never have understood the fascination with celebrities

Is that carpet still at the dawg?

Snowy day as I recall.

RR stayed at Fat Frank's house on the Chena R. and Chena Pump Road was a clusterF for a week.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My bad, when I knew Reagan he was sitting Governor; not President. My mom knew him as president.

My former sister in law is married to one of the Reagan's, but I can't remember which one.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm thinking of the Ron White/ Mamie Eisenhower joke

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Shook hands with Gerald Ford just before he tripped and fell down.

Kidding; he almost fell though. whistle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a nice picture of ex-president Ford at a celebrity golf tournament in Florida. Also took pics of Bob Hope, Jackie Gleason, Arnold Palmer and several of the 1970's Miami Dolphins at the same tournament.

Had to take the pic of Ford through a telephoto lens, however. For safety's sake they kept the crowd about 300 yards back from his tee shot... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Wife's uncle was a Baptist preacher in Chugwater. Had a pic of him shaking hands with Reagan at Cheyenne.

Father in law fished along Fraser river. One day the fishing was really good. A fellow came along and told him he shouldn't be there; he told the guy to go to H, it is a national forest and free land. A bit later Eisenhower came along and visited with him. Been a long time when a president could free range.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I helped unload Air Force One. I got a can of Budweiser from the pilot.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My grandfather was about 50 yards away when "Squeaky" pulled a 1911 out and tried to shoot Ford.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never met or never got anywhere near any sitting U.S. President. However; if Trump ever gets to the White House I'll be able to say that I saw him in person in 2013. It was at one of the pro-2nd Amendment rallies held in the NY state capital after the "message of necessity" middle of the night ramming through of the infamous NY SAFE Act. He gave a good speech on gun rights and had the huge crowd cheering wildly. I was about 50 yds. out in the crowd so I had a good view.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
got patted down by the secret service before having lunch and dinner with a dead presidents wife.

.... like tears in the rain
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Pretty cool stories here. Keep them coming.

For as much time I spent in the 5 sided puzzle palace in DC, you think I would have seen more. But then again, DC kind of wears you down after awhile.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Picture of me and my son the night before of one Bush II's visits ( if I recall correctly ) in front of one ( of the two ) limo's. A whole lot different than your Daddy's Cadillac grin .

The Suburban's and CAT ( Counter Assault Team ) vehicles were to the right. Really neat stuff in there.

Years ago, they would let us get on Air Force One while the President was at his designated visit sight. Then, they quit doing it ( security reasons, they said ).

And, coming into Central Kentucky......

[Linked Image]

And, leaving..........

[Linked Image]

Fun times......... cool

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Went to see Bush I just because he was participating in a dedication ceremony across the street from where I was at the time.

Secret Service men were everywhere giving everybody the stink eye.

That was enough for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Most of the Secret Service guys on the Protection Detail come in from out of town and pair up with the local Secret Service agents, Feds, and local LE.

With the exception of one A-Hole, all of them have been extremely professional and great guys. But, make no mistake, none of them want to be the guy that lets the President take a hit on their watch. So, they can be somewhat "stiff" in their presentation. But, once the Prez has left, you'd like them.

Once, after one of their briefings, the visiting HMFIC told my guys, " Listen, anything happens, hit the deck. It's our job to save the President, not yours. Once any shooting starts, we're just as likely to shoot you or nearby civilians as the bad guy. Nothing's going to happen to us if we do, because we're saving the President. So, protect yourselves, for your family's sake. He smiled as he said it, but I could tell he was dead serious.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I guess I was one of Rocky's bullies and jerkoffs. I don't remember Bristow, but probably did give him the stinkeye or someone that came after me.

Thanks for the good words sgtsmmiii.
CH

The older I get the better I was.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys were tough guys doing a tougher job ( and making it look easy ).

True professionals. cool

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
A President is only in power for less than 8 years.
Richard J. Daley "da mare"!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Carter was a prick, but Rosalynn was a true Southern lady.

That is a FACT... used to live and work in Americus/Plains.

The "image" Jimmy gives is a smiling approachable common man... NOT AT ALL.

Kinda pathetic actually... to be so terrible and yet so arrogant.

Kinda reminds me of... well, you get the idea.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii

[Linked Image]

Picture of me and my son the night before of one Bush II's visits ( if I recall correctly ) in front of one ( of the two ) limo's. A whole lot different than your Daddy's Cadillac grin .

The Suburban's and CAT ( Counter Assault Team ) vehicles were to the right. Really neat stuff in there.

Years ago, they would let us get on Air Force One while the President was at his designated visit sight. Then, they quit doing it ( security reasons, they said ).

And, coming into Central Kentucky......

I stepped off a sidewalk, in front of the VP motorcade, and had a SS agent push me in the chest and holler for me to 'get back on the sidewalk'. I didnt know the VP motorcade was coming up the ramp, to leave the building. Stood there and watched 2 suv's ahead of the limo, 2 suv's behind the limo (with one agent sitting on the back seat looking out the back with a long gun in his hands) and a car was the last vehicle (it picked up the guy that shoved me). They are serious!

Kinda off the subject, but seeing the limo made me think of doing a job in the basement of the Pentagon. There are some interesting things to be seen in that basement.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
had lunch with Bush1, in the White House.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I and my family had a 15 minute meeting with Laura Bush when she was in town plugging for a republican governor. She was VERY classy and VERY friendly!!!

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I met Ronald Reagan and Nancy when I was a kid. I was one of the children on the lawn at the White House for the Easter egg hunt. I remember President Reagan and his wife coming down to meet all of us. They were both so kind and I remember the President wanting to know if we were all having a good time. He and his wife shook all of the our hands including mine. I still remember how big his hand was compared to mine and he still shook it with a feeling of warmth and just the right amount of pressure for a kid. Even as a child I couldn't help being impressed that he cared enough to meet us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a friend who was a MP assigned to whatever unit is associated with Marine 1. He was one of the Marines who opened the hatch and saluted President Bush, Dick Cheney and the others as they debarked. I guess Bush always saluted back, but Cheney never did.

I tried getting some sort of a detailed assignment to do that, but wasn't a MP. My efforts were fruitless.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

208 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 45_100, 36 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,701
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.