Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by K1500
Originally Posted by night_owl
Whether you like the esthetics or not.
it's reliability is unmatched.

Glock 17's don't break locking blocks or slides. Yes, the Beretta is a very reliable gun, but I wouldn't say unmatched.

Did you know Beretta sued the US Government for perpetuating the slide issue and the government settled out of court for almost $12 million dollars?

I think locking blocks are rated around the 18K mark. Hardly an issue.

Travis

Then they donated the settlement to charity...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not picking a side between the Beretta vs. Glock but as a matter of interest, didn't that Chuck Taylor feller put over 400,000 rounds through a G17? I should dig around and see how his pistol fared as far as parts breakage, ect.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As I understand it, the problem with Glock is not how many times they will fire, but how many times they do it when they shouldn't.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yeah. That's the gun's fault.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
no one with the mental capacity of your standard run of the mill democrat should own a Glock. The device in the middle of the image, is called a trigger. keep your finger off of it while brushing your teeth, watching TV, making pancakes, watering the grass, only put your finger there when its time to shoot. laugh
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Standby for 'string in my holster' comments.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MOGC
I'm not picking a side between the Beretta vs. Glock but as a matter of interest, didn't that Chuck Taylor feller put over 400,000 rounds through a G17? I should dig around and see how his pistol fared as far as parts breakage, ect.

i actually found his secret range. and if the guy wasnn't lying have one of his handguns. it's not a glock.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

i actually found his secret range. and if the guy wasnn't lying have one of his handguns. it's not a glock.

What?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I've failed two of the USMC issue M9s along the way. One was a slide that completely broke at the lug cutout, the other was a locking block tearing away from the underside of the barrel.

Supposedly metallurgical f-ups that have been corrected.

In fairness, I also have broke the trigger spring on my own G17 after several thousand rounds.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I qualified with the M-9. I never was impressed with them. YMMV

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B3

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's up to 400k now...I love the internet.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp
The main weakness of the Glock product is that in the hands of a person with less than average mental skills a Glock is more likely to fire when putting it into a holster, holding it with your finger on the trigger, sitting on it with the trigger uncovered or if in LA putting into your pants appendix style carry. As a matter of fact about 15 years ago IIRC here in Atlanta we had an inebriated low education voter who put a loaded glock back in the box with the little post in it, handedly killing himself. Glock stopped producing that box taking into account all such morons.

The caveat here is if you cannot pour piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel don't get a Glock.

In the hands of someone with an I.Q. above room temperature the G17 has acquitted itself very well over the years in self defense situations and in police departments everywhere. Kabooms have happened with more than one variety of pistol but I do admit I would not own a Glock in 40 smith and wesson for that very reason. On the other hand there are G17's out there with well over 50,000 rounds on them with no cleaning, I think one approaching 100,000.

You guys can wax poetic over your fixed barrel blue steel eyetalian pistols all you want, I would rather own a brick as long as it lasted forever, worked the same way every time, easily did its job of hitting things quickly and plentifully, and required about as much attention as said brick.

Jeff Cooper called it best..."Krunchintickers...an ingenious solution to a nonexistant problem".

laugh

Here's 3 Beretta 92's with over 100k on them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue8_uN0OIVs

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/fact-or-fiction/
In one test session, under Army supervision, twelve M9 pistols were pulled randomly from the production line and fired a total of 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.

I'm thinking this "crunchenticker" can hold it's own with a Glock. Personally, I've witnessed far more issues with Glocks than Beretta 92's, but much of that was due to customization of said Glocks.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Jeff Cooper must have been wrong! if you don't know any better an ingenious solution to a non existent problem works better than nothing.

On the other hand you pull the Glock trigger 5 times it pulls the exact same way 5 times, except of course if I have a piece of string in my holster (thanks Travis).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love the campfire.

What a poster writes: "Pistol X has certain interesting characteristics." This can be any pistol X - Beretta, Colt, whatever.

What is read: "Glocks suck!"

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
it's whatever, some like to polish their pistols and take pride in owning the arcane. I also hate Glocks, as well! I hate them because I have to decide between a new Gen 4 19 or a boat anchor G30...

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Glock has a cult like following. I heard/read more irrational, hyperbolic, or just plain goofy stuff about Glock's than any other pistol combined. There are some who just think it's the ultimate tool, the greatest invention mankind has ever created. For those people, you can't really tell them anything; they will not accept that a Glock is every bit as "mortal" as the other top grade pistols...oh hell no, it's miles above the rest. They are the kool aid drinkers.

So Jimmy, I'm not actually advocating any one pistol over another, nor am I saying there's anything wrong with preferring a Glock. But when you get all gushy over how awesome a Glock is on a thread where we're just talking about various minutia about the Beretta 92; well it just makes you look like one of those exceptionally insecure people who are scared to death there's some slim chance you don't have it all figured out.

I personally think the Beretta 92 is ever bit as reliable as any Glock, and under certain conditions could be even more reliable (and under certain circumstances a Glock can be more reliable than the 92). Regardless, both have proven to be as reliable as a crow bar.

I tend to shoot a Beretta much better than a Glock because I've yet to see a Glock that was as accurate as a 92 or had a trigger that was nearly as good. I personally don't have any issue with the transition from DA to SA; but that's just me.

On the other hand, the ergonomics of the Beretta are just plain inferior to most Glocks, and the slide mounted safety...well, if you're going to put a safety on a handgun, that's NOT where you put one.

I happen to think the Glock 19 is a damn near perfect daily concealed carry pistol even though they're butt-ugly.

I honestly don't give a rats-azz what Cooper says because I'm quite capable of thinking for myself. I don't disrespect Cooper, in fact I really thank him for the modern technique. And had I grown up in his generation I too would have thought the 1911 was the end all. But the 1911 isn't even close to being in the same league as the Beretta 92 for reliability; it's just not.

Now I happen to be a fan of the Beretta 92, but I certainly don't think it's the END ALL; it's just a damn good pistol. I'm a big fan of the the Glock 19/23 because they're just freaking awesome pistols; but I don't think they're right for everyone. And as fantastic as they are, they do have their issues (few that they are).

I also happen to think that straight up world class pistols can be had from S&W, CZ, Sig, and H&K.

So settle down and relax. No one's kicking around your Glock, and even if they were, such thing are not a personal attack on your character or decision making process.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Some people like to say Glock has a "cult like following".

A 'cult' is a small group with a generally unpopular belief.

Glock success is anything but cult like. Glock is Mainstream +P. It's a household name. Embraced by the citizenry, LE and Military.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The Glock 17/19 are as entrenched the S&W Model 10.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Kool-aid drinkers, can't tell them anything. WTF. Obama supporters are the kool-aid drinkers.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'm not into koolaid, but you drink whatever makes you smile.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 8 invisible), 1,884 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.