Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My two cents.I was waiting for the truck to drop off my package.Checked and web site said it had been delivered.Before I could make a call.Truck shows up with it.He had delivered to wrong address,discovered his mistake and corrected it within 20 minutes.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Tracks..I've delivered several packages to neighbors that were incorrectly dropped off at my house. Including a nice welding setup that my neighbor was trippin balls about due to your exact circumstances.
Glad it worked out well for you..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

I just thought they required an adult signature for ammo.

No sig required unless seller or buy specifies that it's required.

MM

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I scheduled a prepaid/labeled Priority Mail package pickup, specifically a 3 lbs package at Front Door - about two weeks ago. According to Mrs Boomer, the normally diligent postman drives up, gets a tiny non-priority parcel of hers from the mail box and drives off. She lets me know and I return, grab the box and drive it to the PO, definitely getting a receipt. Get home, and get confirmation email of the successful pickup! My explanation to them that their confirmation doesn't mean chit didn't get me anywhere besides an acknowledged Oopsy... Had no UPS misses. 100% error rate is to be expected with OnTrack who seem to think dropping anywhere in the neighborhood is close enough.

Last year I bought a Miller Mig welder off Ebay. Just happened the day it was to be delivered there were some roof maintenance folks at our place whom signed for a package - much smaller and lighter than a welder! So I get home open it and there's nothing more than a plastic fricking broom head! A broom! A two-pound package at most! There's a FedEx shipping confirmation from Canada with the appropriate weight and now there's a receipt of the confirmation of same package at my place! Oh chitt! Try to explain that to the Ebay CSR in Manila who's on strict orders to read the script and never pass a call along to a supervisor.... Poor girl probably got fired for not being able to get me to shut up... I was persistent and eventually got transferred to an English first language guy whom understood this was not just a mistake or that I'd not simply return the item and await the seller's refund. They sold these welders to dozens of folks (more than 70 total) after building positive feedback for a bunch of similar deals over the past couple years. The price was darn good, okay, it was a couple few hundred less than "normal", but it coincided when the model was being closed-out everywhere. Still wish I had that Miller but settled for another bargain locally. But, in the case of the Welder, FedEx said - sorry nothing they can do on their end, they made the delivery... The tracking shows outbound and properly dropped off - they did their job... So - this package was 2 pounds and not 80 or whatever - that didn't seem to matter to them... I don't much like FedX.

Long story, short version, apparently confirmations don't mean chit.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my neck of the woods... Fedex sucks!

Fedex delivered a climbing harness I ordered to the wrong address. I was home that day and saw online that it had been delivered. Called Fedex, filed complaint, and then called local office and talked to supervisor. It took 3 months, but I got my money back.

Did I mention... Fedex sucks!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Was shipped a scoped rifle from Tenn last week through Fed-ex. I was at receiving dealer ten minutes after it was dropped off. Was shipped in a hard plastic foam lined Plano case inside a cardboard box. Hole punched through the cardboard and the box end compressed. The scope front third was snapped off at the front mount. I immediately called Fed-ex customer service claims. I was advised that I could file a claim myself with proper documentation of loss. I sent photos of damage, photos of gun/scope box label, shippers receipt, and all on line message between my self and the seller.

Called them today and they advised the claim was denied as I wasn't the shipper. They had telephone numbers of all parties involved including shipper which they could have called. Told them that I was advised by Claims/ customer service that I could file the claim. Said someone must have made a mistake in telling me that.

They advised me that when they received a claims waiver from the shipper that they would reconsider my resubmitted claim.
Guess they think I will go away if they give me the run around. My first claim on damage so add another unhappy customer to Fed-ex list. frown GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Many of them develop a drop, knock, and run mentality.

They'd never get away with that chit around here....my dogs know the sound of that trucks engine a quarter mile away and that the driver has a pocket full of treats....if he tried to run he'd be going home without any britches....

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Know all the UPS and Fedex drivers here. They text and ask me where I want it delivered work or home.

I like liberals-------------------------------------they make good bear bait! grin
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Tracks
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I thought they bypassed me a couple of weeks ago. Same thing, 1000 rds 9mm, never knocked or rang the bell, went out and the box was on the porch. They have to know what it is. It's pretty pathetic to leave it when vehicle is in the drive way.

This dude never showed up at all, Maybe he wanted to start his weekend early.
Could be he planned some shooting.

BTW no call back from Fed-Ex, what I expected mad

I'd contact the supplier and let them know. They have a LOT more stroke than the guy on our end. I'm sure they will want to know. Hopefully you will get resolution.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Optics Planet have this weird deal were they ship out FedEx then it is handed off to the Post Office for delivery.

They have lost for days or sent back my last three packages because they could not find my address, work address is a 18 story high rise right on the street.

Had a new scope delivered today at work since I was on the road, the manager of the Mail Room called said she had a picture for me.

[Linked Image]

Inside this mangled mess is my new Leupold...will be going into the office Tuesday to see if it is still in one piece but the box is certainly smaller than it was when shipped frown

Ted
IC B3

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a computer hard drive that had the same thing happen. I called Amazon, and they sent another one out right away. The original 6 days later, and with the packaging looking as if it was used to play street hockey, it showed up on the front stoop.

I've ALWAYS had good luck with big brown. The Feds are another story. Not one package over the last 5 years has been delivered without looking like it had been dragged down 2 miles of dirt road.

Last edited by Owl; 05/27/16.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I thought they bypassed me a couple of weeks ago. Same thing, 1000 rds 9mm, never knocked or rang the bell, went out and the box was on the porch. They have to know what it is. It's pretty pathetic to leave it when vehicle is in the drive way.

This dude never showed up at all, Maybe he wanted to start his weekend early.
Could be he planned some shooting.

BTW no call back from Fed-Ex, what I expected mad

I'd contact the supplier and let them know. They have a LOT more stroke than the guy on our end. I'm sure they will want to know. Hopefully you will get resolution.

Yep.
Yearly renewal of shipping contracts with high volume shipping customers are critical to both FedEx and UPS as they can amount to many thousands to millions of dollars of either gained or lost revenue.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by dawggone
Know all the UPS and Fedex drivers here. They text and ask me where I want it delivered work or home.

Smart guys, they like to know where the husband is before they deliver a 'package'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
When I moved to a previous home it had a broken down front porch completely surrounded by thick junipers, and no sidewalk leading to it.
UPS and fedex both parked by the side porch that everyone used and walked around the front of the house to fight their way through the bushes to leave parcels on the rickety porch that no one used. Must have been something about the challenge, 'cause when I fixed that porch and put in a sidewalk they switched to the side porch.

Edit; First time it happened I saw the fedex truck in the driveway from the upstairs window. No package to be seen 2 minutes later. Actually took me a few minutes to figure out...

Last edited by johnw; 05/27/16.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Seems like it sure is a bit more sure out in the country, where you still mostly know folks.

As noted above.. our drivers pretty much know most folks, where they work and so on and know where and when to deliver.

I had one bad issue with a UPS driver some years ago and I had to go get a handgun from their center and hour away to avoid having it shipped back.... but I think that guy didn't last long... to arrogant to call or text so I could meet him at the shop..

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Tracking shows it was delivered to my front door an hour ago.
Thing is I've been at my desk all afternoon with a good view out of the window and there has been no delivery.
1000 rounds of 9mm is no show.
I'm pissed.

Did you think to go out and look when it said it was delivered? Or just an hour later when you went out to your truck?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The first time I tried to schedule an overnight package for pickup here it nearly drove the girl at the 1 800 number nuts. Finally she told me, "we don't offer that service there" ! I thought fedex did overnight to and from everywhere? Now, when I need an exspress pickup, I just call the driver.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Smart guys, they like to know where the husband is before they deliver a 'package'

grin
We know the ups guy. I've known him since he was in diapers, his parents are friends of mine.
The wife bitches about him once in a while.

Fed ex on the other hand, well, I've never heard the wife say anything good or bad about their delivery boy.

In fact, come to think of it, I've never heard her say anything at all!

hmmmmm.....

laugh

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bought a barreled action last year and had it shipped to an FFL two miles from the house. Because it was a barreled action without a trigger the seller used a long tube to ship, similar to a fishing rod holder. The UPS man tried to deliver the gun on a Monday when thr FFL closed. Instead of leaving a note the guy left the rifle at the house next door! Took a couple days to get everything sorted out and the UPS driver was informed the business is a gun shop and please don't drop packages at the neighbors, just come by the next day.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steelhead

It sounds like you're speaking from experience.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 64 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,465
Posts18,471,363
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.