Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A 7-foot-6 alligator cracked the windshield of a trapper's SUV in Rosenberg (TX) Sunday morning after being caught the night before in Fulshear, about 40 miles west of Houston.

The adolescent male — blind in one eye from an apparent BB gun injury — was in the middle of a Fulshear road around 9 p.m. Saturday night when alligator trapper Christy Kroboth picked it up.

As she typically does after catching an alligator at night, Kroboth taped a towel around the alligator's eyes and left it overnight in the back of her small SUV with the windows down, she said.

When Kroboth came to check on the alligator around 9 a.m., she found her windshield broken in two places and the alligator wedged between the windshield and steering wheel, having climbed out of the trunk.

"I had to just go in my car and really slowly — at the alligator's pace — try to work him out," Kroboth said. "Once he was unstuck, we were able to just kind of coax him out of the car."

Kroboth dropped the alligator off at a farm in El Campo, about 40 miles southwest of Rosenberg, late Sunday morning.

"It was quite a sight this morning," Kroboth said. But, she added, "You can't be mad at him. He's an alligator."

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ice will freeze in He!! before I leave a live alligator in any vehicle.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My motto would be:

"Choot, Elizabeth, Choot!"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, I'm soooo glad you posted this before I went and did something silly! laugh

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gators are good eating if you shoot them dead first.

IC B2

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Seven foot gator would not be my choice of hitch-hikers.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Is Christy an "alligator whisperer" ?
Or bait?

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Or bait?

Both. She just hasn't got to the "bait/meal" part yet.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or bait?

She's a NUT!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last week a large gator, about 12½ feet was caught a few miles from my place, in the burbs. He had taken to chasing joggers and dogs. He was taken to a farm.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/05...hasing-joggers-in-Houston/2841464369215/

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I wanna know how they assume the eye issue is from a bb gun....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
I wanna know how they assume the eye issue is from a bb gun....
The wound was actually probably from a shotgun. The video that accompanied the article showed several pellets lodged in the skin at various places on the body. They appeared to be lead and looked more like deformed shotgun pellets. They appeared to be too big and too deeply embedded to have been from a BB gun. They were all old wounds and, except for the eye, probably weren't bothering him much at all.

Ben

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by speedsixman
Ice will freeze in He!! before I leave a live alligator in any vehicle.

Myron

Back when I was young and stupid (as opposed to old and stupid now), a buddy and I were snake hunting and he caught an Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake. Just a small one, about five feet long. It was too big for our usual pillowcase bag, so we dropped it into a burlap potato sack, tie it off and threw it in the trunk of my car. When we went to get it out, the bag was empty. The snake had nosed its way through the loose weave of the burlap. We never did find that snake, but it was weeks before I could drive that car without looking under the seats with a flashlight.

mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
In my college/grad school days, collecting trips were undertaken many times during the course of a year. Snakes, even venomous ones, were commonly just put into collecting sacks, most of which were actually old pillow cases which were tied into a knot in the top.

I can't count the number of times that someone discovered that the sack(s) had come untied and that the occupants were on the loose in the vehicle. Made for some impromptu "Chinese fire drills" and the occasional all points sweep of the vehicles at the conclusion to a field trip.

Last edited by mudhen; 05/30/16.

Ben

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We don't have gators in Idaho but I'll keep this in mind in case they migrate here during global warming.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't leave armadillos in your truck either. They climb up under your dash and are hell to get out.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
"As she typically does after catching an alligator at night, Kroboth taped a towel around the alligator's eyes and left it overnight in the back of her small SUV with the windows down, she said."

Well that's one way to keep your vehicle from being stolen. crazy

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We don't have gators in Idaho but I'll keep this in mind in case they migrate here during global warming.

up here we leave our doors and windows open so the occasional bear can mosey on through without demolishing the truck for the forgotten baloney sandwich.
no way i would have a 7 foot lizard in my rig.(unless he was made into boots first)

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Or bait?

She's a NUT!

Oh, I dunno. I think she mostly has her chit together.

I mean, quitting time is Miller time!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (160user, 204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,842
Posts18,496,856
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.