Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It may not be what your looking for but there are a number of youth hunt programs with lots of camaraderie and campfire time. Austin Woods and Waters sponsors a couple and you will get access to some primo ranches. You may or may not get a chance to pull a trigger but for me just getting out in the field is a great thing. I get more satisfaction from a young hunter taking their first game animal then shooting one myself. Just a thought. And they are always looking for women to mentor the young lady hunters if your wife is a huntress.

Regarding priorities I think I should clean out my gun collection and go back to Africa. Hunting Africa can be less expensive than Texas on a per head basis.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by powdr
Yeah, leave it to guys like Skane who can hunt for the cost of a tag to get his peter all bent out of shape. He's still mad cause I didn't say thank you for a worn out sling he sent me one time. God I wish I had his address so I could send the sum bitch back to him. powdr

Hey powdr, I just discovered this thread. I think you got something mixed up. It wasn't Skane who sent you the slings, it was me. Two of them. One leather, and the other synthetic. Neither of them were worn out! Both had Uncle Mike's swivels attached. I shipped them to you @ no charge, if you recall.

OH, AND 'I didn't get all bent out of shape' because you didn't thank me. Fact is, now that I think about it, I never did hear from you--just to set the record straight.

If you want to send them old worn out slings back to me, just PM me and I'll give you my address.

Apparently you are one of those guys that would complain about someone who gave you a $100 bill because it was green and wrinkled!

WN

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Simple Thanks

Or I'm sorry might have gone a lot further.

I put powder on ignore so I would remember not to get into any deals with him. He asked for something ( I can't remember what ) I think just some info on a load or something. He read my response and never even said thanks or kiss my azz.

Certainly no harm but a simple thanks goes a LONG way.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Simple Thanks

Or I'm sorry might have gone a lot further.

I put powder on ignore so I would remember not to get into any deals with him. He asked for something ( I can't remember what ) I think just some info on a load or something. He read my response and never even said thanks or kiss my azz.

Certainly no harm but a simple thanks goes a LONG way.

Amen, that's me to a tee. Even a kiss my ass will work.

I've not bought/sold with some folks again,. not because the 1st time things arrived etc, but no communication.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I would rather not hunt another day in my life than beg for access on a public forum.

David

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Kiss my ass..... laugh

Some of you guys need to toughen up your little feelers, the guy threw it out there that he was looking for a little companionship, and maybe some gun play, have you guys never fished a creek with strangers?

Texas is a strange place, the pay to play culture sure shuts out a lot of good people.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Head towards Gatesville and just have to hit the feed stores or drive the country.

Used to be not many leased out that way. But a lot started. Bound to be some stuff out there might not be quite perfect country, but worht a try and some bucks.

A cousin farms out that way and they only have open fields and such, no brush other than fencelines but we always had fun and killed a deer now and then years ago.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Canazes9
I would rather not hunt another day in my life than beg for access on a public forum.

David

Wow. Bunch of judgemental guys on this forum. Didn't Momma ever tell you, " if you can't say something nice..."

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by southtexas

David

Wow. Bunch of judgemental guys on this forum. Didn't Momma ever tell you, " if you can't say something nice..."

I don't think I stated a judgement of any kind - I simply stated my opinion.

You're too stupid to see when you're getting played - That's a judgment. See the difference?

If he's able to hunt he's able to work. Lots of retired guys pick up a few yards, work at Wal-Mart for 10hrs a week, etc. It's ridiculously easy to make the few thousand he needs to be able to hunt, he would rather beg for it. Hunting is a luxury, not a need. If you can't afford it you find a way to earn or you do without. It saddens me to see what is becoming of this nation.

Signs and wonders.

David

Last edited by Canazes9; 06/05/16. Reason: typo
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

David

I don't think I stated a judgement of any kind - I simply stated my opinion.

You're too stupid to see when you're getting played - That's a judgment. See the difference?

If he's able to hunt he's able to work. Lots of retired guys pick up a few yards, work at Wal-Mart for 10hrs a week, etc. It's ridiculously easy to make the few thousand he needs to be able to hunt, he would rather beg for it. Hunting is a luxury, not a need. If you can't afford it you find a way to earn or you do without. It saddens me to see what is becoming of this nation.

Signs and wonders.

David

You certainly have a point, maybe he will come to that conclusion also, or maybe do some custom reloading or some thing along those lines, it is all about priorities, many people give, in many different ways.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Modest fee is what he inquired about. not free.

I'm a benefit of the doubt type of guy, but I understand the plight.

Many while working full time, can afford to pay what I consider much more, for lots of things.

Retire and the budget becomes mostly fixed and somewhat tight.

Looking for a more reasonably priced place to dink around at makes sense to me.

Damn shame he asked it here though evidently.

Trying to be responsible so he doesn't run out of money in retirement but gets faulted for being responsible enough to look for a better deal...

OTOH come on here and ask about access to public land, how do you get an antelope or elk or such, and you'll get info. Hey start here, look there, try this unit. No one usually gives out coordinates so to speak but most are happy to help.

Lord forbid when it involves fees though.

Get a job you lazy SOB... hmm, there was a song like that too IIRC...

Last edited by rost495; 06/05/16.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks rost495, was not begging or looking for something for free. powdr

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rost495

Many while working full time, can afford to pay what I consider much more, for lots of things.

Trying to be responsible so he doesn't run out of money in retirement but gets faulted for being responsible enough to look for a better deal...

OTOH come on here and ask about access to public land, how do you get an antelope or elk or such, and you'll get info. Hey start here, look there, try this unit. No one usually gives out coordinates so to speak but most are happy to help.

Rost

Directions and coordinates for public land ain't asking someone else to provide things that cost $ for free (asking to pay a modest fee is still asking to pay less than it's worth, still asking something for nothing.)

Guys, I just turned 65 and am seeing living on retirement money is not easy. I've hunted all of my life but now find myself in a place where I cannot afford it. If there's anyone that would consider letting me hunt on their place for a modest fee I would appreciate it. Not much of a killer anymore but would love to sit by a fire again and be out in the woods. Please pm me if you have something. Thanks, powdr

I can provide you with a long list of $hit that I want to do that I can't afford - I don't come begging for it on a public forum.

PT Barnum was right.

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Missouri has hundreds of thousands of acres of 100% free federal, state and conservation land.

100% free or $3 to $5 daily parking/use fee

Over the counter deer and turkey license for anyone who wants one at one with many parts of the state allowing up to 5 deer or with a bonus draw hunt up to 3 more deer and all that at one of the lowest cost in the lowEric 48

Camping is available all over these places normally free for anyone

That's all you'll get for free or little cost in Missouri

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=rost495]

I can provide you with a long list of $hit that I want to do that I can't afford - I don't come begging for it on a public forum.

David

So you're judging yourself better than he is, because you would never "beg". Good for you.

Until you've walked a mile in his shoes....

you're making all kinds of assumptions. And we all know what assumptions do

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495

Rost

Directions and coordinates for public land ain't asking someone else to provide things that cost $ for free (asking to pay a modest fee is still asking to pay less than it's worth, still asking something for nothing.)

Guys, I just turned 65 and am seeing living on retirement money is not easy. I've hunted all of my life but now find myself in a place where I cannot afford it. If there's anyone that would consider letting me hunt on their place for a modest fee I would appreciate it. Not much of a killer anymore but would love to sit by a fire again and be out in the woods. Please pm me if you have something. Thanks, powdr

PT Barnum was right.

David

Well I have a different view of it. He was asking for any cheaper options. He wasn't asking for free.

There is a BIG difference in my world.

YMMV.

And thats cool.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[quote=rost495]

David

So you're judging yourself better than he is, because you would never "beg". Good for you.

Until you've walked a mile in his shoes....

you're making all kinds of assumptions. And we all know what assumptions do

I think he should go hold up a sign at the nearest big intersection saying "need money to pay for deer lease".

Given the number of people as gullible as you in this world he probably will be able to join one of the more exclusive hunting leases in Texas in just a few days.

David

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sounds like you have been blessed.

Hope you never have to ask for help.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
sounds like you have been blessed.

Hope you never have to ask for help.

Don't worry, you will NEVER see me begging for a handout for a luxury I cant afford - here or anywhere else.

It is absolutely appalling that so many folks think it's ok.

You should start an online donation fund for his deer lease dues, go ahead and chip in the first $100 yourself. Then you can tell yourself what a good person you are and bask in the glow of having done so much good.

David

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What's telling, is that the OP posted a request for Texans. You apparently live in LA so you were not even addressed.

Yet, you felt the need to insert yourself, put someone else down, and puff yourself up.

Says alot more about you than him.

Have a nice day, I need to go arrange my sock drawer...

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 54 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,405
Posts18,470,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.