Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
He posted on a a public forum so he's fair game. I've hunted in Texas for the last twelve years. I lived in Texas for 9 years, haven't been home to Louisiana for a full year yet. I'm very familiar with this line of BS.

What's telling about you is that you like to whine like a little girl when presented with reality.

What are you doing to ease his suffering? I mean besides throwing a hissy fit? Hissy fits don't spend real well - leases are expensive!

That's what I thought.

David

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's funny is a couple posters want to scold others for bad behavior and/or not helping.

Meanwhile neither of the two are going to help Powder find a cheap hunting spot.

When they do please post it up.....until you do...I'm waiting

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm in for a spot that I can hunt 140" plus deer for $50. Can anyone pickup my NR license?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ted:

If your comments are aimed at me, permit me to clarify.

The OP's request was quite specific. To wit: " If there's anyone that would consider letting me hunt on their place for a modest fee I would appreciate it" He never asked for donations, or starting a fund, etc.

I was not suggesting that anyone should help or not help. (But if I knew a place, I would not mind passing along the info.)

I just don't understand is the need to castigate the guy. (get a job, change your priorities, I'd never do that, etc) when you know nothing about his personal/family situation.

If you can help, fine. If you can't help, fine. If you don't want to help, fine. Just move on.

And if you disagree with my opinion, that's ok, too.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm in for a spot that I can hunt 140" plus deer for $50. Can anyone pickup my NR license?

Another member pm'd me that he would be in for an African Safari if someone would cover his PH and Trophy Fees. He's not asking for something for nothing - he's willing to cover airline costs (but if someone wanted to help with that I'm sure he's willing to talk).

David

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Thank You or Kiss my ass.... Just in case I ever forgot.

Skane too.

David also - everyone named David....

And most Texans. And all-you-all that put me on ignore 'cause I said I think Weaver rings look like chit cause I really meant it! Thousand dollar rifle and a set of stamped metal rings - Geebus!

And anyone else I forgot to acknowledge, positively or otherwise, Thank You or KMA!

Carl

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by southtexas
Ted:

If your comments are aimed at me, permit me to clarify.

The OP's request was quite specific. To wit: " If there's anyone that would consider letting me hunt on their place for a modest fee I would appreciate it" He never asked for donations, or starting a fund, etc.

I was not suggesting that anyone should help or not help. (But if I knew a place, I would not mind passing along the info.)

I just don't understand is the need to castigate the guy. (get a job, change your priorities, I'd never do that, etc) when you know nothing about his personal/family situation.

If you can help, fine. If you can't help, fine. If you don't want to help, fine. Just move on.

And if you disagree with my opinion, that's ok, too.

S. T.

All BS aside, you seem like a decent guy. The reactions you are seeing are from people that have experience dealing with scammers and grifters. Nobody trying to run a con ever says "hey, I'm a lazy, worthless human being - who here would like to pay for my hunting expenses?" See? That's where the con part comes from, and the tender little hearts like yours that think "that's so sad!" to whatever BS story they come up with.

This is a grift.

David

Last edited by Canazes9; 06/05/16. Reason: typo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
David:
Thank you for the civil reply. You could be exactly correct in that this is nothing but a scam. But neither you nor I know that for sure.

I've been around the block a few times and seen my share of scams. And I’m not your typical bleeding heart. Even lived in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles years ago!

The guy is not asking for a donation toward a lease payment. So it’s not like handing a guy on the street corner 10 bucks and making him promise not to buy beer.

Seems to me a rancher, who had a place nearby, after checking references, could have the guy pay a few bucks for a day or weekend hunt for hogs. They could get to know each other and then decide whether to go forward, with little risk to either party. And as pretty much anyone who has leased hunting property in Texas has found out, you can get your butt thrown off in a heartbeat if things don’t go right as far as the landowner is concerned!

Powdr’s profile says his occupation is/was education. I presume that means he was a teacher. I have a lot respect for teachers, especially in today’s world. They work hard at a very important job, for little pay. Guess that is one reason I might be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But apparently some guys here have had unsatisfactory deals with the him, so perhaps the skepticism is justified.

Quein sabe…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems I'm the only sorry sack of sheit that offered ol' powder a place to hunt

Just gas money and a map

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Just gas money and a map

Please let us know if he takes u up on it. I've got a feeling it's too far to drive, the out of state license fees are too high, he's got a bone in his leg, etc....

David

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by southtexas
David:
Thank you for the civil reply. You could be exactly correct in that this is nothing but a scam. But neither you nor I know that for sure.

I've been around the block a few times and seen my share of scams. And I’m not your typical bleeding heart. Even lived in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles years ago!

The guy is not asking for a donation toward a lease payment. So it’s not like handing a guy on the street corner 10 bucks and making him promise not to buy beer.

Seems to me a rancher, who had a place nearby, after checking references, could have the guy pay a few bucks for a day or weekend hunt for hogs. They could get to know each other and then decide whether to go forward, with little risk to either party. And as pretty much anyone who has leased hunting property in Texas has found out, you can get your butt thrown off in a heartbeat if things don’t go right as far as the landowner is concerned!

Powdr’s profile says his occupation is/was education. I presume that means he was a teacher. I have a lot respect for teachers, especially in today’s world. They work hard at a very important job, for little pay. Guess that is one reason I might be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

But apparently some guys here have had unsatisfactory deals with the him, so perhaps the skepticism is justified.

Quein sabe…

It starts and ends when he says he's looking for help to get something he can't afford.

And that something is a life luxury, not a need. Would you do that? Would you to beg for help paying for a luxury on a public forum? Think about it.

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Just gas money and a map

Please let us know if he takes u up on it. I've got a feeling it's too far to drive, the out of state license fees are too high, he's got a bone in his leg, etc....

David

I've had 7 PM's asking for me to put a pin on a map and help them set up camp, drag deer, cut wood ect

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Just gas money and a map

David

I've had 7 PM's asking for me to put a pin on a map and help them set up camp, drag deer, cut wood ect

$hit Ted - I didn't realize how good your heart was!

Do you chop wood? I've got this bursitis....

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No

I have a Husky 460 and a hydraulic spliter

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No

I have a Husky 460 and a hydraulic spliter

Ted,

Here's the thing - it's important to me that I'm not seen as a deadbeat. I can afford to pay a modest fee. I'm thinking $5/day for all the firewood I can use, camp set-up, cooking , game skinning, etc. Heck I could even go $7.50/day - remind me before I leave and I'll write you a check...

David

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
7.50 a day? Damn that's mighty white of you......lol.

Powdr, if I had a place to hunt I'd let you come on up......

Good luck in your search

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here is wishing one of the better forum members good hunting in a great spot this season, powdr. I always enjoy dealing with you and hope Karma does what's right by you.

L2S

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by powdr
The amount you guys spend for a tag wouldn't buy the gas a Texas guy spends going back and forth to their lease in the off season. powdr
Exactly the reason I'd never live in that shythole. People like to rag on those of us who live in NY because we have shytty politics and bad gun laws but I've hunted 41 seasons here, killed multiple deer every one of them and never spent a dime on lease/trespass fee's. Never will either. We have six million acres of public land and 10's of thousands of acres of it are within a 15 minute drive in any direction from my home. There are also still landowners here who will give permission to hunt for free. I have permission on 326 acres of private land just across the road from my house and another 148 acres 2 miles up the road. I have several more properties if I want to drive a ways but rarely do anymore as I don't have any trouble filling my tags right here at home. If you want to drive to NY in November I'll show you some places where you can set up camp and hunt till your hearts content.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really wanted to move to NY myself. Only the politics scares me away. Beautiful state.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by powdr
The amount you guys spend for a tag wouldn't buy the gas a Texas guy spends going back and forth to their lease in the off season. powdr
Exactly the reason I'd never live in that shythole. People like to rag on those of us who live in NY because we have shytty politics and bad gun laws but I've hunted 41 seasons here, killed multiple deer every one of them and never spent a dime on lease/trespass fee's. Never will either. We have six million acres of public land and 10's of thousands of acres of it are within a 15 minute drive in any direction from my home. There are also still landowners here who will give permission to hunt for free. I have permission on 326 acres of private land just across the road from my house and another 148 acres 2 miles up the road. I have several more properties if I want to drive a ways but rarely do anymore as I don't have any trouble filling my tags right here at home. If you want to drive to NY in November I'll show you some places where you can set up camp and hunt till your hearts content.

Plus stupid property taxes, stupid people (see above) the the willingness to give YOUR money to people that want to destroy the Constitution.

Brilliant.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 12 invisible), 1,482 guests, and 851 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.