Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I know this will piss some people off, but folks who think homosexuality is perfectly moral conduct have no basis to condemn this shooting except on purely subjective and idiosyncratic moral grounds. Flame away!

Jordan

"Man is a social animal, and no one can secure what is desirable for himself except in partnership with others. According to Aristotle, if a man had all the health, wealth, freedom and power that he desired, but lacked friends, he would not even wish to live. But the root of all friendships, as it is the ground of the existence of the species, is that of a man and a woman. As nature is the ground of morality, the distinction of the sexes is the ground of nature. Nature---which forbids us to eat or enslave out own kind---is that which has within it the principle of coming-into-being. Mankind as a whole is recognized by its generations, like a river which is one and the same while the ever-renewed cycles of birth and death flow on. But the generations are constituted---and can only be constituted---by the acts of generation arising from the conjunction of male and female. The root of all human relationships, the root of all morality, is nature, which itself is grounded in the generative distinction of male and female.....Abraham Lincoln once said that if slavery is not unjust, then nothing is unjust. With equal reason it can be said that if homosexuality is not unnatural, nothing is unnatural. And if nothing is unnatural then nothing---including slavery and genocide---is unjust"

Harry V. Jaffa, Original Intent and the Framers of the Constitution: A Disputed Question.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn

I don't think anyone on this website takes you seriously.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I certainly don't think homosexual behavior is moral, but I recognize that there are many aspects of heterosexual behavior that also isn't moral. My beliefs about homosexuality in no way condone hurting or killing them. I don't rejoice when fellow citizens are hurt, killed or deprived of their constitutional rights. If your allegiance is to ISIS or radical Islam you are NOT a fellow citizen, you are scum deserving of an excruciating death and swift judgement.

The sins of us all will be answered for on judgement day. Black, white, straight and gay we have the RIGHT to live our life in peace.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2

Seconded

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't give a f*** what those people did

They were innocent Americans who were killed by a psychotic justifying his actions with his religion.

And there is going to be more just like him in the future.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/12/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
The quote is by Harry Jaffa. Your argument is not with me, it is with Thomas Jefferson, with the rest of the Founders, with Aristotle, Plato, Thomas Aquinas and ultimately with nature itself.

The point is not to condone or fail to condemn the shooting. But rest assured, the homosexual rights movement will hijack this tragedy and use it for their own (no good) political end, including gun control. There is nothing wrong with pointing out that on the premises of the homosexual rights movement, homosexuals and their apologists have no principled basis to condemn the shooting. Their own "morality" (their rejection of the laws of nature) essentially says its okay. That is the point of the Jaffa quote and all the name-calling in the world doesn't change the truth encapsulated in what Jaffa wrote.

Jordan

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I could care less what sex you prefer and this America and you have the freedom to choose without being shot for your choice

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Democrats are bringing Muslims into America to kill American citizens.

That's my takeaway from the situation and that's how Trump should frame it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
You know you're on the right side when RJ is against you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could care less what sex you prefer and this America and you have the freedom to choose without being shot for your choice

Obviously not!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I certainly don't think homosexual behavior is moral, but I recognize that there are many aspects of heterosexual behavior that also isn't moral. My beliefs about homosexuality in no way condone hurting or killing them. I don't rejoice when fellow citizens are hurt, killed or deprived of their constitutional rights. If your allegiance is to ISIS or radical Islam you are NOT a fellow citizen, you are scum deserving of an excruciating death and swift judgement.

The sins of us all will be answered for on judgement day. Black, white, straight and gay we have the RIGHT to live our life in peace.

You summed it up rather nicely.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by KFWA
I don't give a f*** what those people did

They were innocent Americans who were killed by a psychotic justifying his actions with his religion.

And there is going to be more just like him in the future.

Yes, but notice your recognition of them as "people", as human beings. In recognizing their humanity as a basis for concluding they have rights which should be respected (the right not to be slaughtered like animals), you are implicitly acknowledging the distinction between the human and the non-human and your premise is that this distinction is morally authoritative. You would not be up in arms, for example (none of us would) if the shooter had killed a bar full of hogs, or cattle (even "gay" ones!).

So, if you recognize the distinction in nature between the human and the non-human as authoritative---as the basis of being outraged at the killings, then then how can you exempt from your moral position a philosophy which calls entirely into question the moral authority of nature? The distinction between the human and non-human is fundamental, but the distinction in nature between male and female is even more fundamental than that between human beings and hogs or cattle because nature itself has within it the principle of "coming-into-being". Homosexuality denies that this principle has any moral claim on their behavior whatsoever and on the premises of their argument they cannot claim that the distinction in nature between men and hogs should hold any moral authority for an Islamic fanatic hell-bent on treating "gays" as if they were hogs when they have called entirely into question nature and the law that is within it.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 06/12/16.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
You're talking crazy. This is probably a 2 pill day for you.

Consider it.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2

After that last bit of babbling, it needs to be repeated.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Consider it.

If so, then it is the crazy talk of Jefferson, Aristotle, Plato, Thomas Aquinas and the Apostle Paul, to name but a few of some of the greatest moral legislators in history who have opined thusly.

Jordan

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
One of the more disappointing aspects of the forum is the inability of most folks here to think deeply about any issue or to make themselves aware of the canons of thought upon which western civilization was founded---but which modernity, including the political agenda of the homosexual rights movement (of which Obama is a devotee) call entirely into question.

There should be no pride in admitting ignorance of the thought of Jefferson, the Founders, Aquinas, Aristotle, Plato, etc., as displayed here, but then again, that's why being ignorant is so embarrassing---not knowing that you don't know!

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 06/12/16.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't need any of those people to tell me what my moral value system is

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Consider it.

If so, then it is the crazy talk of Jefferson, Aristotle, Plato, Thomas Aquinas and the Apostle Paul, to name but a few of some of the greatest moral legislators in history who have opined thusly.

Jordan

Jefferson, Aristotle, Plato, Thomas Aquinas and the Apostle Paul all said that Muslins should kill homos?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Chapter and verse on that??

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Consider it.

Jordan

Jefferson, Aristotle, Plato, Thomas Aquinas and the Apostle Paul all said that Muslins should kill homos?

Nice attempt at deliberate obtuseness Bristoe!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (22kHornet, 204guy, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 61 invisible), 2,500 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.