Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gun sales are on a pace to break last year's record of more than 23 million, a boon to the U.S. industry and gun stores thanks to election-year worries about gun control and recent terror attacks, according to government figures and experts.

Under Obama, background checks for guns reached 141.4 million through the end of May, amounting to sales of about 52,600 a day, according to the FBI. Last year, the FBI conducted more than 23 million background checks, which are generally used to figure sales of new and used weapons.

Domestically, manufacturers have reported producing about 21,000 guns a day, or more than 46 million in Obama's first six years in office.

And should Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton continue to best Republican Donald Trump in the polls, sales could hit new highs, according to industry experts.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This gives me a warm fuzzy.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I did my best, ammo too smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got an ass load of primers and powder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
add to the stated background checks those that have CCL'S and don't have to be checked, the total is higher

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Personally, I think their numbers are way off. All they counted were background checks.

You can purchase more than one with a single check!!!!

It doesn't matter how I know that.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Not only that, but the background checks are the NICS system which is only being used in 26 states last time I checked. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
be AFAWIED Hitlery, be very afawIed!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by deerstalker
add to the stated background checks those that have CCL'S and don't have to be checked, the total is higher

must be a state to state option....here in Florida, you get checked either way....the ccl does let you skip the 3 day wait on handguns however....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All those new sales were to people of voting age, and some politicians remember what happened in the mid term elections of Clinton's first term.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hope these numbers triple by election day

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Not only that, but the background checks are the NICS system which is only being used in 26 states last time I checked. grin

NICS checks are used by all 50 states since ALL FFL dealers have to use it.

But in states where there is a firearm permit, the NICS check is only run once when the permit is acquired and not per gun purchase.

And in states where a concealed carry permit suffices for a NICS check, there is no NICS check for each gun purchase.

So those numbers are significantly low.. how many concealed carry people are there now compared to 8 years ago? And how many concealed carry permit holders have bought only 1 firearm in the last 8 years?

That also doesn't cover used gun sales in the majority of states which don't required FFL transfer for private sales.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Thing to do is try to confiscate all those millions of guns. Nevermind that making guns illega will make their value skyrocket overnight. People will give them up anyway.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by KFWA
Gun sales are on a pace to break last year's record of more than 23 million, a boon to the U.S. industry and gun stores thanks to election-year worries about gun control and recent terror attacks, according to government figures and experts.

And it seems the Democrats are seemingly going to make gun control a very central part of their 2016 campaign - much more so than in any previous election cycle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The dems changed it from gun control to gun safety... Watch out for that one ...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by bea175
I'm not sure they can make guns that fast.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
In Idaho, if you have a CCL they don't call in the nics check.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Beware of unintended consequences. Such as this new crowd muckin up the pool.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KFWA

Under Obama, background checks for guns reached 141.4 million through the end of May, amounting to sales of about 52,600 a day, according to the FBI. Last year, the FBI conducted more than 23 million background checks, which are generally used to figure sales of new and used weapons.

Domestically, manufacturers have reported producing about 21,000 guns a day, or more than 46 million in Obama's first six years in office.

And should Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton continue to best Republican Donald Trump in the polls, sales could hit new highs, according to industry experts.
What's that sweet music I hear?? Oh, yeah, it's the gnashing of democrats' teeth upon hearing that news...

laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by bea175
I'm not sure they can make guns that fast.

NICS check numbers are way high if being considered as new guns only... used guns get NICS checks just like new...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,346
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.