Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc
There was no crime, slavery was legal.

Abortion is legal too. Does that mean it's OK...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sore ass losers.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We complain that many blacks in America haven't gotten over slavery and moved on and yet the south continues to bitch about a poor decision on their part from 150 years ago. The south got to live with the consequences of their actions.

My family is of southern heritage(GA, SC, NC, MS, TX, AR)and came to this country in the 1680's and fought with the CSA. I understand their cause but have zero sympathy for the way they went about resolving their grievances.

Complain all you want but as screwed up as we are as a country we would be a disaster for the last 150 years as a fractionalized groups of country states.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We would be infinitely better off.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JoeBob

+1

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

+1

Bullshit

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One thing's for sure.

We have to re-fight the War Between the States about every 3-4 months here. Whether we need to or not.

But, I have not seen anything change in the way our country is.

Maybe it's a good time to be looking forward rather than backward?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
If you southerners had just picked your own cotton, we wouldn't have had the Civil War and America would not have most of the problems it has today. smile

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

+1

Bullshit

Had the South won, you would be free to your opinion and we, ours. As it is, there is only one acceptable opinion. So buckle up, Comrade, because everything bad in this giant centralized and increasingly communistic super state is a direct result of "your side" winning that unfortunate fracas.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antlers

What are you doing to fight abortion?

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pugs
We complain that many blacks in America haven't gotten over slavery and moved on and yet the south continues to bitch about a poor decision on their part from 150 years ago. The south got to live with the consequences of their actions.

My family is of southern heritage(GA, SC, NC, MS, TX, AR)and came to this country in the 1680's and fought with the CSA. I understand their cause but have zero sympathy for the way they went about resolving their grievances.

Complain all you want but as screwed up as we are as a country we would be a disaster for the last 150 years as a fractionalized groups of country states.

South continues to bitch or the North continues to remind us? I think it is the latter quite frankly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

+1

Bullshit

Had the South won, you would be free to your opinion and we, ours. As it is, there is only one acceptable opinion. So buckle up, Comrade, because everything bad in this giant centralized and increasingly communistic super state is a direct result of "your side" winning that unfortunate fracas.

Not talking or taking sides... the simple obvious fact is the US did some amazing things as a country that would not likely have been possible as a bunch of realigned states with different issues. For one, WWI might have been quite different and so soon after the War of Northern Aggression it would be easy to visualize the southern states staying out of it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

South continues to bitch or the North continues to remind us? I think it is the latter quite frankly.

Really?

I think the Rebel flags in every pickup give that argument away...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Would have been interested to see how it all turned out if the South hadn't started shooting.

Substitute 2nd amendment argument and you'll have your answer

It's pretty evident it seems the federal gov't will let you live in peace as long as you do exactly what they command of you.

Otherwise they label you a criminal & take what they want

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Agreed.
The descendants of slaves are supposed to just 'get over it' and get on with life, but it's OK for the descendants of Confederates to be bitter and butt hurt till the end of time.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Really?

Painting with a broad brush are you not? They don't fly rebel flags anywhere but the south you say? I hunt a very large plantation in Alabama and have not heard the landowners ever complain about slavery having been abolished. In fact this family has been in the area before the Civil war and never owned slaves. They do however complain about the Federal Government and their overreach .

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

+1

Bullshit

Not talking or taking sides... the simple obvious fact is the US did some amazing things as a country that would not likely have been possible as a bunch of realigned states with different issues. For one, WWI might have been quite different and so soon after the War of Northern Aggression it would be easy to visualize the southern states staying out of it.

Yes, WW I would have been different. Most likely, Germany would have won or the European powers would have exhausted themselves. But, the knowledge that America was coming in made the Allies refuse to consider peace and it made the Germans desperate. So desperate that they put a funny little guy named Lenin on a sealed train and sent him to Russia in hopes that he would foment a revolution that took Russia out of the war in time to free up their troops in the east for one last push in the west before the Americans arrived in numbers.

It is quite likely that had America not entered WW I that there would have been no Soviet Union and certainly no NAZI Germany. And even if you wish to argue that it is unknowable, there is nothing to be happy about with the result of that war and our intervention as that it did absolutely nothing but guarantee WW II and all of its horrors.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Really?

Painting with a broad brush are you not? They don't fly rebel flags anywhere but the south you say? I hunt a very large plantation in Alabama and have not heard the landowners ever complain about slavery having been abolished. In fact this family has been in the area before the Civil war and never owned slaves. They do however complain about the Federal Government and their overreach .

I think you are making my argument for me. wink

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by antlers

There are a lot of things that are legal that are immoral. The corporation I worked twenty years for took all the cash out of my retirement fund and filled it with worthless stock, but the court said it was legal.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Moot point, as there aren't any Mulligans in war, particularly 151 years after the war ended.

Not hardly!

There ARE huge repercussions as 'hang overs' from Lincoln's War of Northern Aggression that we are witnessing today and if you can't draw the correlation as to some of our major problems today then you're denying the fact of the matter!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (02bfishn, 16gage, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,427
Posts18,470,733
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.