Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by MagMarc
You are simply another northern transplant that moved south that doesn't know our history or respect our culture. You look down your nose at us while proclaiming your moral superiority and wonder why we all hate you.

You mean this is the south? Every other person seems to be an Ohian. I was a Civil War reenactor. I might know a little about the circumstances leading up to the war.

Clearly not.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You're a carpetbagger.

Winner winner chicken dinner! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Southerners just like downplaying slavery and uplifting states rights which is their favorite issue because when you get right down to it slavery is indefensible. I don't blame the south for trying to paint it out of the picture.
"The truth is not always palatable and should not always be told"

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If you are so down on southerners why would you ever leave your northern utopia to live in the south?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The liberal mindset is one to foist your ideas and beliefs upon others, insist that they take them, and have no regards for their beliefs...

" If you don't think like me...then you're just plain wrong..."

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Southerners just like downplaying slavery and uplifting states rights which is their favorite issue because when you get right down to it slavery is indefensible. I don't blame the south for trying to paint it out of the picture.

Show me, EXACTLY, where in the Constitution circa 1861 that secession was barred to the states. You'll have to overcome the actually language in the states own votes to join the US to do that. If you can't, then you run up on the 10th Amendment.

After that, circa 1861 US Constitution, show me EXACTLY where slavery was prohibited. You'll run up on the actual Constitution and the 3/5 Compromise, too.

If you cannot show those things, then the facts remain that the actions by the Southern states were Constitutional and legal. Therefore, the actions by Lincoln and the Feds were neither.

Being a "re-enactor" doesn't give you any insight into actual history or facts. It'd be like claiming you were a scholar of the fall of Greece and Rome because your fraternity had toga parties. It's laughable, and even more so in the face of ACTUAL facts.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
The liberal mindset is one to foist your ideas and beliefs upon others, insist that they take them, and have no regards for their beliefs...

" If you don't think like me...then you're just plain wrong..."

It happens all the time when they move down here, I try to just avoid them

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager

Show me, EXACTLY, where in the Constitution circa 1861 that secession was barred to the states. You'll have to overcome the actually language in the states own votes to join the US to do that. If you can't, then you run up on the 10th Amendment.

After that, circa 1861 US Constitution, show me EXACTLY where slavery was prohibited. You'll run up on the actual Constitution and the 3/5 Compromise, too.

If you cannot show those things, then the facts remain that the actions by the Southern states were Constitutional and legal. Therefore, the actions by Lincoln and the Feds were neither.

Being a "re-enactor" doesn't give you any insight into actual history or facts. It'd be like claiming you were a scholar of the fall of Greece and Rome because your fraternity had toga parties. It's laughable, and even more so in the face of ACTUAL facts.

The South had a Constitutional right to secede. I never said they did not.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
This all reminds me very much of Capital Punishment. A select few consider it wrong, so the rest of society pays for it. In a perfect world those who decry Capital Punishment could have the perps get off the public payroll and stay in their basements.
Those who decry slavery could foot the bill for welfare, food stamps medical care etc. and let the rest of us feel OK about our beliefs...

But that would be in a perfect world....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

The South had a Constitutional right to secede. I never said they did not.

If so, then the actions of Lincoln and the Feds were then unconstitutional.

Case closed.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Capitol punishment doesn't happen quick enough or often enough.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Pugs
We complain that many blacks in America haven't gotten over slavery and moved on and yet the south continues to bitch about a poor decision on their part from 150 years ago. The south got to live with the consequences of their actions.

My family is of southern heritage(GA, SC, NC, MS, TX, AR)and came to this country in the 1680's and fought with the CSA. I understand their cause but have zero sympathy for the way they went about resolving their grievances.

Complain all you want but as screwed up as we are as a country we would be a disaster for the last 150 years as a fractionalized groups of country states.

South continues to bitch or the North continues to remind us? I think it is the latter quite frankly.

In my experience, most Northerners don't feel any particular attachment to the American Civil War and, if they do, it isn't nearly as strong an attachment as some Southerners continue to feel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are so down on southerners why would you ever leave your northern utopia to live in the south?

This the question I continually asked of the Northerners that move down here and immediately start in on how bad, backward, benighted, besotted, etc. we Southerners and The South are.

If the North is so great why in the world would you want to move away from utopia to dystopia?

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The professor has joined the fray again.

Y'all pull up a chair.

Good to see around a bit, hbb.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
If this is somehow about slavery..let me point out that George Washington was himself flustered about what to do about his slaves..to him they were a burden, not worth what little they produced.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Pugs
We complain that many blacks in America haven't gotten over slavery and moved on and yet the south continues to bitch about a poor decision on their part from 150 years ago. The south got to live with the consequences of their actions.

My family is of southern heritage(GA, SC, NC, MS, TX, AR)and came to this country in the 1680's and fought with the CSA. I understand their cause but have zero sympathy for the way they went about resolving their grievances.

Complain all you want but as screwed up as we are as a country we would be a disaster for the last 150 years as a fractionalized groups of country states.

South continues to bitch or the North continues to remind us? I think it is the latter quite frankly.

In my experience, most Northerners don't feel any particular attachment to the American Civil War and, if they do, it isn't nearly as strong an attachment as some Southerners continue to feel.

I don't hear the Civil war mentioned much by southerners. I do hear about refugees from the northern states spending a good part of their days telling us how great it was living up there. My response to them is WTF did you move down here then?

For the record I am a transplanted Yankee who unfortunately lived up there for 27 years . I love the northeast just not the people.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't fret. I'll be back in the north soon enough. Hopefully somewhere near the Canadian border as I can't take this heat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reconstruction is what left such a bitter taste in the mouths of Southerners. Another point to be made is that while being cruel to the slaves did happen, most owners were not. Being cruel to what you consider your live stock, is not productive. Not upholding slavery but trying to set facts straight, witch is almost impossible. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I imagine the fine folks of Catawba County NC won't be sad to see you go........as we say in Newton-Conover, "You can always tell a yankee, you just can't tell 'em much!".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Without a doubt. The world was a better place under the Pax Britannica. The war unleashed the great unwashed to rule the world.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (1eyedmule, 160user, 2UP, 44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 13 invisible), 1,571 guests, and 960 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,779
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.