-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I know is, I'll never understand it. And I won't try to. I can't fathom someone preferring a cock over a good lookin woman. So they must be so far removed from my mental framework, it's not worth the effort of trying to figure out why.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
1minute,

Have a nephew that's come out, and he's sat literally in tears telling his mom and grandmother that he'd do anything to be straight. He is a very unhappy kid

Is he any different from a married guy who wants to have sex with other women?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
1minute,

Have a nephew that's come out, and he's sat literally in tears telling his mom and grandmother that he'd do anything to be straight. He is a very unhappy kid

I'd say yes. Based on the incontrovertible fact that he, unlike your hypothetical married guy, does not want to have sex with women.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I am not justifying anyhing. Just stating a confirmed opinion that God did not "make 'em that way".

Though I find it interesting how many religions are beginning to embrace the lgbt crowd. Cause, after all they can help fill the collection plate.

Not so sure about that theory. I think over the last 40 years, they have gotten to be "accepted" or at least "tolerated". Churches usually teach compassion and acceptance and lgbt fits right in.

Since the time of the Levites, several thousand years ago, it has been common knowledge that God equates homosexuality, with bestiality, and incest. The practitioners of these sins were to be put to death.

These words were recorded as those of the omnicient, eternal God.

Now, in the last seventy five years, Christians have determined that God did not really mean it when he spoke on homosexuality, but that other stuff......yeah that is still a sin!

That sounds much more like a political position to me than a theological position.

Thus my concerted belief that God don't make queers. That is a result of free choice.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
So does this study explain Rob Jordan?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since the time of the Levites, several thousand years ago, it has been common knowledge that God equates homosexuality, with bestiality, and incest. The practitioners of these sins were to be put to death.

Adulterers, and stubborn and rebellious sons were also to be stoned to death. These are also the words of "the omniscient, eternal God" from the Bible. Are you good with stoning to death people who cheat on their spouses, along with stubborn and rebellious sons...? After all, the words of "the omniscient, eternal God" from the Bible also say that God equates cheating spouses, and stubborn and rebellious sons, with beastiality, incest, and homosexuality...as all are capital offenses and punishable by death.

Holding one sin up higher than all the rest doesn't make it worse than ANY of the others. Some folks can find a Biblical justification for just about any prejudicial behavior or evil agenda that they support. They've taken theology and they've twisted it to empower themselves to do the very opposite of what God commanded them to do...His 'greatest' commandment...*the* thing that communicates more than ANYTHING ELSE that you're one of His followers.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I am confused. Are you saying that God changed his mind and now condones sodomy?

On the other hand, I never said that I felt homo sexuals should be punished in any way. I said nothing one way or the other about their behavior.

I only pointed out that it is a bit rediculous to blame their sexual orientation on "God".

If one chooses to partake of any of the many manifestations of the lbgt lifestyle, so be it.

Just don't be a Democrat about it. Accept responsibility for your actions and your choices. Don't blame God for the choices you have made in your life.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
1minute,

RM,

See my Dennis Miller video above.

Yes, he is very different.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by jorgeI
"God" as in the Bible, written and edited by human beings? noted.

And, not a word of it will fail to come to pass.

Please prove this.

Don't have to. It is written.

Don't make it true.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Another jocular ' fire thread. Many with dreams of watching women sucking anothers goods... Yet, wait, .... TFF.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am confused. Are you saying that God changed his mind and now condones sodomy?

Did He change His mind and now condone adultery...? Did He change His mind and now condone stubborn and rebellious sons...? It's important to remember that the Old Testament or Old Covenant/Mosaic Law was for God’s relationship with the Nation of Israel, and they lived in a theocracy. The Old Testament Law is NOT in force today (Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:15). The New Testament is for God's relationship with EVERYONE who chooses to participate in that relationship...and it is summed up by God's 'greatest' commandment...by *the* thing that communicates more than anything else that you're His follower. Not by your theology, not by how you interpret certain Bible verses, and not by the disdain that you have for others or what they do.
I only pointed out that it is a bit rediculous to blame their sexual orientation on "God".

Do people who are born with birth defects blame being born that way on God...? People who are born with Down Syndrome or Spina Bifida don't blame being born that way on God...that's just the way they were born. And 'saying' that they were born that way is clearly NOT blaming God for them being born the way that they were. Some unfortunate people are born with congenital anomalies while many more are not, and we don't really clearly know why...we just know that it happens.
It's easier to show and feel prejudice against them (gays) if you can convince yourself that they 'chose' to be that way.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by KMS
Sure are alot of guys defending homosexuality on this board.

Also, ridicule and make light of what the Bible teaches about it all you want, that doesn't change the fact. God didn't make them that way.

And no, I don't need to prove it.

Hating an entire group of people because your book tells you to is chickensheet if you ask me. The muzzies do the same thing.

I didn't ask you. And show me where I said a hated them.

You referenced what the Bible teaches about gays....the Bible gives instructions to stone them. That sounds like a pretty hateful action.

So your disagreement isn't with me, but with God. A few others here to.

Kelly
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've known, more than in passing, 2 gay guys. Both have been to treatment for eating disorders, have had pill addictions and are emotional roller coasters.

In short, they are chicks with dicks.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers

Did He change His mind and now condone adultery...? Did He change His mind and now condone stubborn and rebellious sons...?

Interesting you should point those out because they are still serious sins and I think they are recognized as such.

One explanation for the wide support for homosexual rights is the predominance of sexual sins in general - adultery, fornication, infanticide, etc. The guilt of those involved forces them to feel like they must legitimize anything.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by KMS
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Originally Posted by KMS
Sure are alot of guys defending homosexuality on this board.

Also, ridicule and make light of what the Bible teaches about it all you want, that doesn't change the fact. God didn't make them that way.

And no, I don't need to prove it.

Hating an entire group of people because your book tells you to is chickensheet if you ask me. The muzzies do the same thing.

I didn't ask you. And show me where I said a hated them.

You referenced what the Bible teaches about gays....the Bible gives instructions to stone them. That sounds like a pretty hateful action.

So your disagreement isn't with me, but with God. A few others here to.

There's no evidence your god exists, so my disagreement is not with him, but with those who choose to believe in the fables of bronze age goat herders, and attempt to use them as the model for their behavior and relationships.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You keep bringing up the stoning business.

Pretty sure I was asked to move past being that type of instrument when Someone else bore the brunt on a cross. Bible says that too.

It appears that your disagreement is with those who choose to believe in the fables of bronze age goat herders, and attempt to use them as the model for their behavior and relationships, whether they are minding their own business or not?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wondering here:
Why is society willing to call homosexuality normal, and a happenstance of birth/genetics, or whatever, and it should be accepted and no effort should be made to change it to restore it to the norm.

And we also say that birth defects such as a cleft palate is a happenstance of birth/genetics, or whatever, and it should be surgically changed to restore it to the norm.

Yes, surgical alteration is done in transgenders, but I'm talking about homosexuals. And besides, transgenders are biologically and genetically still binary -- they are genetically either male or female, despite the claims. And that can't be changed.

In other words, if physical birth defects are recognized and addressed, why are so many people unwilling to accept psychological birth defects? The result is that we take heroic steps to correct physical birth defects, but psychological birth defects are tolerated and encouraged.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
IMO, perverts be perverts. Whether gay or straight.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bellydeep
All I know is, I'll never understand it. And I won't try to. I can't fathom someone preferring a cock over a good lookin woman.

EXACTLY! so if you do it, there HAS to be something other than CHOICE, for if you were normal and obviously you are, you'd find it repugnant and if you don't, there's something wrong with you. We don't think of eating sheit so if you do, there HAS to be something wrong with you. Do some choose it, no doubt, but just like we have psychopaths,we have queers, it's a freak of nature.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Met a tranny some years back at a work-related situation. He/she at one point asked me directly to answer just one question... this is a 6'2" individual with a big Adam's apple...

"What if you were born with both and your parents made to wrong choice?"

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.