Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Yup I agree none of them are flawless

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Right; no pistols are flawless - none. Anyone who says otherwise is beyond a damned fool.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Your obsession is hilarious, though.

Rivaled only her monumental stupidity & dumbfu^ckery.............

MM

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

It was a light beer...........

Besides, after such an exceptional day with no 1911 failures, I just had to do it.

And on top of that I had to celebrate my two boys being home, one from the service, other one on vacation, being able to shoot as well.

Not often that all 3 of us can shoot together.

MM

That seems reasonable.

But I typically wait until 5p. And only on weekends or vacation.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

you are now most definitely & profoundly one who should never, ever own a 1911.

We've gone full circle.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

It was a light beer...........

Besides, after such an exceptional day with no 1911 failures, I just had to do it.

And on top of that I had to celebrate my two boys being home, one from the service, other one on vacation, being able to shoot as well.

Not often that all 3 of us can shoot together.

MM

That seems reasonable.

But I typically wait until 5p. And only on weekends or vacation.

Clark

That's never a bad plan & I admire your personal restraint.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smallfry
No, but you don't need to defend your flawless 1911s, because some 1911s are quite a bit more reliable than others. I had one built by Nelson Ford that I felt was fairly reliable. But I sold it because I didn't think it was reliable enough and better defensive pistols were on the market. Really I think the 1911 makes an absolutly $hitty combat gun for a lot of reasons. grin

Go to an IPSC match where you'll see many properly built 1911's that go through obscene amounts of ammunition.

Back in the '90's when I competed, I shot 4,500 rounds per month for 3 years through my mostly out of the box stainless Commander. The only mods were grips, sights, and grip safety. I never touched anything functional on that gun and it took 4,500 rounds per month for 3 years without a single broken part or any failures that I can recall.

Both of my current 1911's work perfectly and they're not 40+ years old. One is about 15-16 years old and the other is 5 years old. Both have worked perfectly right out of the box; which is what I expect from any brand new pistol.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
GunGeek, the fact that reliable 1911s exist isn't something I am doubting. Just talking about outta the box guns. Glad your outta the box gun worked out for ya. I can't rember a single match I've seen where someone didn't have a problem. But so what? Many here can't stand ANY criticism about the 1911. Amazing. So no criticizing the 1911.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GunGeek, the fact that reliable 1911s exist isn't something I am doubting. Just talking about outta the box guns. Glad your outta the box gun worked out for ya. I can't rember a single match I've seen where someone didn't have a problem. But so what? Many here can't stand ANY criticism about the 1911. Amazing. So no criticizing the 1911.

It's not the criticizing that folks can't stand; it's the trolling.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You're on a roll today Sean. I love it when you do that.

You know that some people are intelligent enough to understand and accept that they don't know everything. Some people suspect they might not know everything. And then there are those who don't even suspect that they don't know everything. We are dealing with some of the latter types here and that is an exercise in fruitility because you are more likely to get a rational, reasoned response from a fence post.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Didn't know everyone was so sensitive.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

That's never a bad plan & I admire your personal restraint.

MM

I was being facetious.

I've been drunk for five days now.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

This is serious stuff.

Dave

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by deflave

This is serious stuff.

Dave
Yup, I am learning though. There apparently is only a certain number of posts you can respond to and you really have to watch your content.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Have you ever noticed that little dark line around the bottom of a cowboys boots? That line is there because when cows crap, and it gets rained on and cowboys walk through those places, their boots absorb a little of that crap tainted water into the leather. After awhile, that tainted water with the crap in it comes through the boots, through their socks, and through their skin and gets into the cowboys blood stream and goes to his brain. That is why some cowboys are crazy enough to ride bulls.

While that is an explanation of what makes cowboys crazy, there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation for those who believe the 1911 is a POS unless it's because their momma accidentally dropped them on their head when they were a baby.

Last edited by BobWills; 07/18/16.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have plenty of reasons for considering the 1911 a POS.

Want me to name them?

Dave

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
But you feel the need to defend 1911s, why? By all means spend time defending your flawless pistols, it's called a consciousness of guilt. I don't think most who have been around the block with pistols, think 1911s are even in the top 5 most reliable semi autos. Most of the posts by people who have reliable 1911s have consisted of owners lamenting the good old days of the flawless 1911, and how they aren't built that way now but "I gota 1911 that's worked flawless for years" an iffya get a good smith and dozen books you'll be ok. Talk about Stockholm syndrome with a pistol ffsake lmao. Congrats
There's no such thing as "the 1911," per se. It's a design pattern that's been out of patent from Colt for many decades. It's cobbled together (or carefully crafted and meticulously assembled), based loosely or strictly, on that design by dozens of companies, from parts made by dozens more companies, today. That's why it makes no sense at all to refer to "the 1911" in terms of its reliability vs something like a Glock or a Sig that's designed to be built, in house, from mass produced parts all made by the same manufacturer. Today, you can only compare a specific 1911 to one of those, not "the 1911."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
An 8 shot anvil.

And that's on a good day.

Cool.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
But you feel the need to defend 1911s, why? By all means spend time defending your flawless pistols, it's called a consciousness of guilt. I don't think most who have been around the block with pistols, think 1911s are even in the top 5 most reliable semi autos. Most of the posts by people who have reliable 1911s have consisted of owners lamenting the good old days of the flawless 1911, and how they aren't built that way now but "I gota 1911 that's worked flawless for years" an iffya get a good smith and dozen books you'll be ok. Talk about Stockholm syndrome with a pistol ffsake lmao. Congrats
There's no such thing as "the 1911," per se. It's a design pattern that's been out of patent from Colt for many decades. It's cobbled together (or carefully crafted and meticulously assembled), based loosely or strictly, on that design by dozens of companies, from parts made by dozens more companies, today. That's why it makes no sense at all to refer to "the 1911" in terms of its reliability vs something like a Glock or a Sig that's designed to be built, in house, from mass produced parts all produced by the manufacturer. Today, you can only compare a specific 1911 to one of those, not "the 1911."

Kinda like an AR.

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've got one 1911 that I've never had even the first problem with (knock on wood). Shoots POA/POI and just keeps on rolling.

It's the one arm's length from me in the bedroom with 4 extra mags and a flashlight with it.

It's a Kimber Classic Stainless. Only things I've done to it are night sights, ambi safety, and polish the feed ramp and chamber.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 300_savage, 444Matt, 204guy, 24 invisible), 1,754 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.