Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
He lost a Golden opportunity to stay relevant and possibly become the GOP presidential nominee in 2020, should Trump lose.

Had Cruz the wisdom and self control to simply make the exact same speech and endorse Trump at the end in a gracious manner, he would have been in the cat-bird seat for 2020. He had an opportunity to be a team player in the new GOP. Now he is a Judas Goat. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He simply lacked the political self control to do that.

μολὼν λαβέ
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
He was born in Canada anyways, so not legit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It'll hinge on Trump and congress the next 4 years.

If Trump acts like a clown and can't get anything done with a R controlled congress, Cruz will come out with a big azz I told you so.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Glad he showed it now.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't fully understand what he was thinking but perhaps he saw this as an opportunity to take a thinly veiled swipe at Trump to the extent that he hoped people remembered he was the "alternative" in 2020.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner

If Trump acts like a clown and can't get anything done with a R controlled congress, Cruz will come out with a big azz I told you so.

A Republican controlled congress does not mean conservative congress. Nearly all in congress who pass themselves off as Republicans are in fact neocons, which means they're liberal.

I used to be a committed Republican. I used to belong to my local Republican Party. But the Republican Party was co-opted by neocons; e.g., the Bush Family Cartel, Cheneys, Haley Barbour, Rove, et. al., none of whom are conservative.

Now I call myself conservative. I've re-registered Republican from Libertarian because of Donald J. Trump. But when I'm asked of my party affiliation, I proudly respond, "Conservative."

President Trump will probably have to work with neocons who will be hostile to a conservative agenda, Lyin' Ryan, if he's reelected, which I hope he ain't, coming to mind.

BTW, only a true conservative would have called Bush 43 a liar for duping us into stupid Middle Eastern wars that are of no damned business to the USA, and not a single one of which was worth a single America soldier's life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump is our only choice. BUT We ARE BETTING ON THE COME. Absolutely no record or vote on anything. Ted has a voting record.

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This election cycle has woken up a large segment of the population that once identified as Republican. I've long said that there's no difference between establishment democrats and republicans and this cycle has proven what I've long suspected.

If Trump doesn't win I'm afraid that freedom will be lost for generations, if not permanently. More hinges on this election than any other election in at least 100 years. God help us!!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I hope he actually gets far enough to get the chance to deal with the next 4 years.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SakoAV

A Republican controlled congress does not mean conservative congress. Nearly all in congress who pass themselves off as Republicans are in fact neocons, which means they're liberal.

I used to be a committed Republican. I used to belong to my local Republican Party. But the Republican Party was co-opted by neocons; e.g., the Bush Family Cartel, Cheneys, Haley Barbour, Rove, et. al., none of whom are conservative.

Now I call myself conservative. I've re-registered Republican from Libertarian because of Donald J. Trump. But when I'm asked of my party affiliation, I proudly respond, "Conservative."

President Trump will probably have to work with neocons who will be hostile to a conservative agenda, Lyin' Ryan, if he's reelected, which I hope he ain't, coming to mind.

BTW, only a true conservative would have called Bush 43 a liar for duping us into stupid Middle Eastern wars that are of no damned business to the USA, and not a single one of which was worth a single America soldier's life.

Sako...

We have had our disagreements, but you're dead on this time, IMO.

The middle east wars were all about Halliburton. Cheney's fingerprints are bloody from the death of many great American service men and women. He is thick as thieves with the Bush family. They all have their hopes on a Goldwater 2.0 election. It might happen. smirk smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Suicide has consequences.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
He lost a Golden opportunity to stay relevant and possibly become the GOP presidential nominee in 2020, should Trump lose.

Had Cruz the wisdom and self control to simply make the exact same speech and endorse Trump at the end in a gracious manner, he would have been in the cat-bird seat for 2020. He had an opportunity to be a team player in the new GOP. Now he is a Judas Goat. smirk

My thoughts also.
It was really an amazing thing to watch.
The crowd really wanted to embrace Cruz, build momentum, and position Cruz to have some major influence in the future.
When it became clear he wasn't going to go along it was astonishing how quickly the mood turned to booing him.
Within a minute or two he seemed to blow the opportunity to make a positive career step and instead permanently tarnish himself.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
luv2safari,

We're on the same team. I will admit when I'm wrong and I'll own up to it. I was wrong for voting for Bush 41 once & Bush 43 twice.

I didn't know this until Nancy Reagan passed away. She had blamed Bush 41 for the attempt on her husband's life. It wouldn't surprise me. Ronald Reagan never trusted Bush 41.

There is no doubt in my mind that LBJ was part of the conspiracy to murder JFK. That's why RJK's fate was sealed when he was on his way to winning the Democratic nomination in '68. There was no way in he!l that LBJ could ever allow RJK become president.

We have to keep a keen eye on Pence. He's tight with neocons. I pray to God that there is never an attempt on Donald Trump's life. However, I do know that neocons and Republican Party elitists and power brokers fear him as does the Bush Family Cartel. None of them want him to become 45th President of the United States.

BTW, how are you feeling? We're you able to whip your illness? I hope to God so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The much anticipated speech Ted Cruz delivered to the Republican National Convention last night was a soaring anthem to liberty that lacked but one thing to make it, and Ted Cruz, great; an endorsement of the Trump – Pence ticket.

Failing to endorse the Trump – Pence ticket last night was not good for Ted Cruz, conservatives, Republicans, and America.

And most importantly for those of us who endorsed Ted Cruz and worked for him in the Republican primaries, he betrayed the trust we gave him that he was a bigger man than his attackers and that there was a cause greater than self in the hard-fought battles of the Republican primaries.

And I think it was this sense that Ted Cruz did not live up to his own rhetoric that stung his former supporters and emboldened his detractors the most….

The reaction to Cruz’s speech that came in to me and to CHQ was white hot, quick and devastating to Cruz’s personal and political future. Here are just a few of the comments from prominent conservatives who are attending the Republican National Convention with me and from other individuals who attended a private meeting before which Senator Cruz spoke just a few days ago:

I’m ashamed that I voted for Ted Cruz in the Massachusetts’ Republican Primary.
I thought Ted Cruz was a man of integrity. Tonight he proved — beyond a shadow of a doubt — that he isn’t. He made a solemn pledge to support the Republican nominee. And he broke that crucial promise.
I thought Ted Cruz was a patriot. Tonight, he proved he isn’t. However bitter and angry he is at Donald Trump, he knows that Trump is the only person standing between Hillary Clinton (a liar, a fraud, a thief and a traitor) and the presidency. And yet – after meticulously laying out the case against another 4 to 8 years of leftist tyranny — he refused to endorse the one man who can put an end to our long national nightmare.
Cruz wasn’t driven by principle, but by ego. He can’t accept the fact that the party chose Trump over him.
Ted Cruz made the worst mistake of his political career. Millions of us will never forget or forgive his betrayal. He will never be his party’s nominee for president. He will never hold the highest office in the land.
Pence crushed Cruz. Newt crushed Cruz. Ted Cruz looks like a sore loser. He does not look Reaganesque at all.
Ted Cruz is a very small man.

After failing to endorse the Trump – Pence ticket last night, in eyes of most conservatives with whom I spoke, Ted Cruz became just another self-centered politician who walked back on a promise, failed to live up to his own Biblical standards and, when the battle raged the fiercest, put his own petty hurts before the future of his country and the conservative cause.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
He lost a Golden opportunity to stay relevant and possibly become the GOP presidential nominee in 2020, should Trump lose. smirk

The rumor has been out there a long time that Trump was only interested in 4 years. Who knows which way that will go. I'm sure he'll leave his options open, depending on his success or lack there of.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Did Cruz endorse Hillary?

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Even though he represents a huge constituent of GOP voters in Texas, he let his 'hurt feelings' guide him instead of doing the right thing and representing his constituents....not to mention flat-a$$ not honoring a pledge that he had previously vowed to honor.

What was good for his constituents and the country was secondary to what was good for him.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I've long said that there's no difference between establishment democrats and republicans and this cycle has proven what I've long suspected.

Indeed. Every day at 1645 both sides sit down together in congressional offices, pour bourbon and branch water, swap insider stock trading tips, and cackle about how they put one over on The People yet again.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

The political outsider he is...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,136
Posts18,483,966
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.