Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
A while back I was perusing the “Art of the Knife” by Joe Kertzman. I love hunters and skinners.

On page 211 under the heading “ Hunters can be Art Knives” there is a picture of S.R. Johnson’s interpretation of RW Loveless “Lambs”.

[Linked Image]

The gut hook knife doesn’t do much for me, but the other two. Wow!

It didn’t take long to find out at $8k to $10K that I'd have to live with the Johnson I was born with, and that those two weren’t going to happen.

I had Gene Ingram do a set, which I've shown here previously, but Gene does not do bolsters. Every time I looked at the picture of the Johnson repros, I would get a tickle of lust.

I contacted TK and asked him if he would do a Loveless repro. He said send pix. I did. At first I thought of stag but over a period of time and discussing it with TK we decided on ivory linen Micarta for the scales. The steel is CPM 154. The furniture is 416 Stainless and the pins are Black micarta that was driven into stainless ferrules.

So here is what he came up with. BTW the micarta is sanded to 2400 grit and the blades are polished to a mirror finish. The execution of these knives are as faultless as any I own.

One caveat, I was not able to go to my lease between May and July. During that time, between the cows, hogs and coons, four of my five spin cast feeders spun out and were destroyed. In addition both my ATV's conked out. Consequetly as the places I hunt are typically further off road than I want to trek, so no unzipping of hoglet this last go 'round.

I did recently spend a week at the beach................

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That is a pair of beauties

μολὼν λαβέ
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Very nice.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Wow G dub, very cool...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
so what will my drop point loveless bring now? still have the box it came in .

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by domit
so what will my drop point loveless bring now? still have the box it came in .

Sir,
there are any number of purveyors and collectors out there that could assist you in determining the value of your knife.

Google can be your friend.

Best,

GWB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great looking knives!

The aren't bad to boot.

Thanks for sharing.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
GW;
Good evening sir, it's been too long since I've said hello and I trust this finds you and your fine family doing acceptably well.

I've got to say those are about the most handsome and useful looking pair of blades that I've seen in some time. Kudos to you for commissioning the builds and of course to the maker of the useful art/tools. cool

While we've just been getting Modelo Especial in bottles up here across the medicine line, I can't recall seeing it in cans.

I must say that while I don't put too, too many away - the stuff in bottles has replaced Stella and the Canadian made Moosehead as my current favorite liquid on hot weekend days.

Thanks again sir and all the best to you good folks.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
D,

Yup,

Long time no palaver!

Life is good and hunting season is just around the corner with Dove season opening in about a month followed in October by Archery season. Course any time is a good time to shoot and skin hoglets.

Negra Modelo has been a favorite for years. Just this summer I started drinking the Modelo Especial.

[Linked Image]

It has taste, but is not heavy and is perfect for hot summer days. I like beer in bottles (though I usually pour it in a glass). However at Galveston Beach they have an ordinance prohibiting glass bottles on the beach. Consequently I only took cans. Plus my Yetti Coldster fits the cans and keeps beer extremely cold, which is the way I prefer this type of beer in summer.

Best to you and yours and hope you have a safe and productive season.

GWB

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TK does indeed make some beautiful steel. I have lusted over his knives for years. Maybe some day I can pull the trigger.
Those two are just stunning, but heck you knew that already. smile

Sam......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

250 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 40 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.