Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Gun Geek,

Stalin had FDR in his back pocket. FDR was a Stalin puppet. Google, "Tehran Conference." FDR shared a room with his master, Stalin.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
Originally Posted by SakoAV
Originally Posted by PrimeBeef
The USA becoming involved in it.

D-Day. Every time I watch it, I'm overcome with deep sadness. There should have been no D-Day. FDR was a traitor and a Stalin puppet. Stalin wanted FDR to open a western front thereby forcing the Nazis to fight a two front war, thus taking a lot of Nazi pressure off of Stalin. A patriot would have never, ever aligned with Stalin. A patriot would have placed his soldiers above all others. A patriot would have told Stalin to eff off, that Hitler was his problem. After all, Stalin & Hitler signed the Non-Aggression Pact making them allies. Hell, Stalin was such a dupe that he actually thought that Hitler and he were going to divide Poland among themselves.

WWII was a continuation of WWI, neither of which was any of our damned business. But FDR was hellbent on duping gullible Americans into the war, so he set up Pearl Harbor.

FDR was nothing but a 2-bit dirt bag murderer who should have been tried and hanged.

H@rsesheit.

That's not how President Hoover described WWII. All the same to you, I'll go with facts and President Hoover's book. I'm good with your meandering in pastures looking for horse droppings. Who knows, horse dropping might be the divining rod that pulls knowledge to you.

You gotta believe what you gotta believe. For some people, these three words are impossible to say, "I was wrong."

You can go along merrily in life believing what you want to believe, or you can search out facts. My advice is to go with facts.

Pearl Harbor conspiracies are the bunk.

And you know this how? Were you on your Ouija Board this morning?

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We had deciphered the Japanese Naval Code before Pearl Harbor. We knew where Yamamoto was before he did.

Every ship destroyed in Pearl Harbor was obsolete. The only two of military value were aircraft carriers that were suspiciously moved out of Pearl Harbor a day before the surprise attack that FDR knew was going to occur.

Everything that Americans were taught about Pearl Harbor and why we got involved in WWII was a lie.
You're telling me that dozens of people knew there was going to be an attack on Pearl, and...

1 - Just let it happen because FDR wanted it that way?
2 - Didn't bother to warn ANYONE?
3 - Kept it a secret that they took to their graves?

Bullsheitt!!!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
GunGeek,

You can believe what you have to believe, or you can go with facts. My advice to you, should facts be your quest, is to read President Hoover's Freedom Betrayed.

Believe me, I'm good with what you have to believe.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by GunGeek
We had deciphered the Japanese Naval Code before Pearl Harbor. We knew where Yamamoto was before he did.

Every ship destroyed in Pearl Harbor was obsolete. The only two of military value were aircraft carriers that were suspiciously moved out of Pearl Harbor a day before the surprise attack that FDR knew was going to occur.

Everything that Americans were taught about Pearl Harbor and why we got involved in WWII was a lie.
You're telling me that dozens of people knew there was going to be an attack on Pearl, and...

1 - Just let it happen because FDR wanted it that way?
2 - Didn't bother to warn ANYONE?
3 - Kept it a secret that they took to their graves?

Bullsheitt!!!

Thank you.

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
GunGeek,

You can believe what you have to believe, or you can go with facts. My advice to you, should facts be your quest, is to read President Hoover's Freedom Betrayed.

Believe me, I'm good with what you have to believe.

Hoover was a bloody failure as President, and undoubtedly had an axe to grind with FDR. Kind of like Fuzzy Theobald. You're probably a fan of his book, too.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
PrimeBeef,

Now that was a logical and well thought-out reply. However, it had nothing to do with whether FDR duped us into WWII.

Next time, go with refuting facts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hoover Truman wasn't a total failure. He did the one thing that needed to be done more than any other. He had the guts to order the bombs dropped on Japan. That was, without a doubt, the single greatest humanitarian act of the 20th Century, and perhaps to date in human history.

Last edited by 4ager; 07/29/16. Reason: Corrected brain fart; left in the dumbass part, though, for honesty

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gun Geek,

Stalin had FDR in his back pocket. FDR was a Stalin puppet. Google, "Tehran Conference." FDR shared a room with his master, Stalin.
I know all about the Tehran Conference. But you seem to be the conspiracy theory type, so no amount of logic is likely to change your mind. Thinking Pearl Harbor is a conspiracy shows a SERIOUS lack of critical thinking skills.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In December of 1941 the Japanese military was definitely a force to be reckoned with, plus the fact that they had been kicking butt in China for a few years by then. Maybe China at that time wasn't the most powerful foe, but delivering an ass kicking to anybody always raises one's confidence.

On the European side, the Germans had been kicking butt since May of 1940 when the Sitzkreig ended and they rolled over France and threw the British Army off the continent. They had had a good proving ground for their equipment in the Spanish Civil War as well.

Not to change the subject, but WWII was a classic example of a war of attrition. After an initial startup we finally began producing material - planes, tanks, ships and everything else - faster than the enemy could destroy it. That's how it was won, by sheer strength of numbers and particularly in Europe. By 1944 we had put a fair dent in German supply lines and oil production and so forth, but they still presented a very formidable defense to the combined armies of America, Great Britain and all of the commonwealth and they did it with about a third of their forces, the rest being tied down on the Eastern front.

While Patton made great advances across the rolling plains of Northern Europe up to the Siegfried Line the mountainous region of Italy was a slug fest and muddy meat grinder right up until the end. If the Wehrmacht had their full strength to throw against us they could have prolonged the war by who knows how long. IIRC we suffered 200% casualties from D-Day through May of 1945. Basically we threw more men at them faster than they could wound and kill them while we wore them down.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B3

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
PrimeBeef,

Now that was a logical and well thought-out reply. However, it had nothing to do with whether FDR duped us into WWII.

The FACTS are, Hoover's book was VERY controversial, and there are literally hundreds of WWII historians who flatly do not agree with Hoover's assessment of FDR.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PrimeBeef,

To be blunt, and I personally agree that FDR had at least some information suggesting a Japanese attack on Pearl, you aren't presenting any facts. Facts would be citations or clear indications of record. You are presenting an hypothesis distilled from one book and without citing exactly what within that book leads to your hypothesis, nor are you critiquing the volumes of literature that disagree with your hypothesis. If you want someone else to refute facts, start by presenting them. Otherwise, you're akin to BOWSINGER with his obsession with Failin'Palin and his crackpot theories he likes to call "facts".

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Hoover wasn't a total failure. He did the one thing that needed to be done more than any other. He had the guts to order the bombs dropped on Japan. That was, without a doubt, the single greatest humanitarian act of the 20th Century, and perhaps to date in human history.
That was Truman, not Hoover. And the notion that our nukes caused the Japanese to surrender is BS.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Hoover wasn't a total failure. He did the one thing that needed to be done more than any other. He had the guts to order the bombs dropped on Japan. That was, without a doubt, the single greatest humanitarian act of the 20th Century, and perhaps to date in human history.
That was Truman, not Hoover. And the notion that our nukes caused the Japanese to surrender is BS.

Oops. Brain fart. I stand corrected. Had my POTUS's mixed up. I'll edit to revise.

Our nukes DID cause Japan to surrender, specifically the second one. That surrender saved the lives of tens of millions.

Hoover walked into a minefield as POTUS.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

D-Day. Every time I watch it, I'm overcome with deep sadness. There should have been no D-Day. FDR was a traitor and a Stalin puppet. Stalin wanted FDR to open a western front thereby forcing the Nazis to fight a two front war, thus taking a lot of Nazi pressure off of Stalin. A patriot would have never, ever aligned with Stalin. A patriot would have placed his soldiers above all others. A patriot would have told Stalin to eff off, that Hitler was his problem. After all, Stalin & Hitler signed the Non-Aggression Pact making them allies. Hell, Stalin was such a dupe that he actually thought that Hitler and he were going to divide Poland among themselves.

WWII was a continuation of WWI, neither of which was any of our damned business. But FDR was hellbent on duping gullible Americans into the war, so he set up Pearl Harbor.

FDR was nothing but a 2-bit dirt bag murderer who should have been tried and hanged.

Thought you were a bit of a nutto newby. Pretty much cements it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs

It's Raisuli/Laguna again.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Our nukes DID cause Japan to surrender, specifically the second one. That surrender saved the lives of tens of millions.
Check the record. After Hiroshima the Japanese high command did...nothing; they didn't even meet. 3 days later we nuked Nagasaki, and the Japanese high command did...nothing; they didn't even meet.

At 2 minutes past midnight on the same day as Nagasaki, the Soviets invaded Manchuria and declared war on Japan. The Japanese high command had an emergency meeting at 4am local time to discuss surrender.
They had been trying to negotiate peace with the US using the Soviets as an intermediary.

The military tried to impose martial law on the high command to prevent them from surrendering. There was a coup attempt, and a ton of internal strife in Japan, but the Japanese surrender didn't come until August 15.

Japan was holding out for a surrender to the US, they didn't want to surrender to the Soviets. After the Soviets invaded the knew it was all over, and they would have to have an unconditional surrender to the US.

And when you think about it, the nukes didn't really impress the Japanese because the equivalent of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was happening every single night in Japan, just took more aircraft, but the destruction was the same. But surrender and occupation by the Soviets; that was a truly frightening thought.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
"You do not laugh at the Raisuli!"

Roflmao!!! He hasn't been here for a coons age, has he???

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Sorry guys. Everytime I hear "Nagasaki" I think of this!!!

What a great Foxtrot!!!

Please forgive.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs

It's Raisuli/Laguna again.

Makes perfect sense - thx

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 29 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,746
Posts18,495,188
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.