-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CCI Mini Mag HP and Winchester Power Points are the most accurate of all "Non Match" ammo in my Marlin.

Went in a shop today and he has quite a bit of 22 ammo, some of it is "Tactical" labeled, not sure what that means or if it is just a sales ploy in todays "Tac' crazy world or has a cleaner burning shell.

Packs of 100 CCI HPs and Browning BPR for $11.99 each. May go back tommorow and grab a couple hundred CCI and maybe a few boxes of the Remington Thunderbolt for the wife and kid to plink with.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Mule Deer:
From all the reports I've heard the Power Points showing up now are NOT the same as the Power Points so many of us had such great luck with before the panic/shortage. Everybody I've heard from who tried the recent stuff says it doesn't shoot nearly as well as the older PP's.

Can't prove it by me. I'm still well stocked and will refuse to resupply at twice the historic prices.

Wish I had some of those old silver box Power Points. Also wish I would have stocked up on a couple thousand more Yellow Jackets before the price blew up.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 08/06/16.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Well, here is my take on the 22 rimfire situation - you better pay the price if you can find it. If Trump sticks his foot in his mouth a couple of more times then Hillery is a shoe-in and you will be lucky to find it at any price. She has already said that she will be more anti-2nd Amendment than Obama is.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

H
HE112 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Exactly Drover...this thought has crossed my mind the last few weeks, have been waiting for the bulk CCI Blazer to come back, but have not been seeing it in the 500 rd. boxes. May have to go out and get the next best stuff, unfortunately around here it is often the Aguilla Mexican stuff.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I've had excellent results with the "Aguila Mexican stuff," along with Armscor hollow-points made in the Phillipines, which outshoots Blazers in several of our .22 rimfires.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I've had excellent results with the "Aguila Mexican stuff," along with Armscor hollow-points made in the Phillipines, which outshoots Blazers in several of our .22 rimfires.

I have had the same results with both of them also. The Armscor hollow-points hit very hard, have more than adequate accuracy, and they work extremely well on ground squirrels.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by 1minute
Mule Deer:
From all the reports I've heard the Power Points showing up now are NOT the same as the Power Points so many of us had such great luck with before the panic/shortage. Everybody I've heard from who tried the recent stuff says it doesn't shoot nearly as well as the older PP's.

Can't prove it by me. I'm still well stocked and will refuse to resupply at twice the historic prices.

Wish I had some of those old silver box Power Points. Also wish I would have stocked up on a couple thousand more Yellow Jackets before the price blew up.

[Linked Image]

Amen. I love those old yellow jackets.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Haven't seen yellow jackets for a coon's age.
The Armscor 36 gr subsonic HP's are very good, Aquila super extra or whatever it's called is as good as mini mags.

"do not duplicate"
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats good to hear. I bought a couple bricks of Armscor yesterday in Havre Mt. 54 bucks a brick........

Oh, well. Last time I saw .22 ammo in Havre was about 6 years ago.

It was the Remington Golden Bullets in the Bucket.

I bought two, GARBAGE!

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
You can often (maybe even usually) buy rimfire ammo cheaper off the Internet these days. Add in the gas expended to search several stores and it gets better yet, even after paying for the shipping.

Am expecting some rimfire ammo today that, with shipping, cost 2/3 the price I've seen on any of the same stuff in local stores. And it's delivered right to my front door.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thats good to hear. I bought a couple bricks of Armscor yesterday in Havre Mt. 54 bucks a brick........

I bought two, GARBAGE!

Stopped at Bing and Bobs and no visit?

Shame on you.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I bought two, GARBAGE!

Worst shooting ammo I have ever fed my Marlin 25. 3-4" groups at 25 yards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Swung in the local store today and bought 200 Mini-Mags and a box of 50 Federal 38 grain HPs.

I will see how the Federals shoot and if I like them I may buy a couple bricks from him.

$38 a brick for the Federals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can often (maybe even usually) buy rimfire ammo cheaper off the Internet these days. Add in the gas expended to search several stores and it gets better yet, even after paying for the shipping.

Am expecting some rimfire ammo today that, with shipping, cost 2/3 the price I've seen on any of the same stuff in local stores. And it's delivered right to my front door.

What, and give up a perfectly good reason to piss and moan?

Perish the thought! grin

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Went in a shop today and he has quite a bit of 22 ammo, some of it is "Tactical" labeled, not sure what that means or if it is just a sales ploy in todays "Tac' crazy world or has a cleaner burning shell.

If you're talking about the CCI stuff it has a Semi-Wadcutter type shape that should feed better in the AR styled 22's.

It makes nice clean holes in game.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Love the Aguila stuff.

All of it.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

If you're talking about the CCI stuff it has a Semi-Wadcutter type shape that should feed better in the AR styled 22's.

It makes nice clean holes in game.

Travis

Had the CCi stuff and forget the brand but something labeled AR, may have been Winny.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Travis,

Yeah, I haven't found any bad Aguila stuff yet, and have four different kinds of .22 LR on hand. Kind of like IPA: Some are a little better than others, but all work!

John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A local Walmart has had some CCI Stingers in stock the last few times I've been in there. They had Mini-Mags a couple of times last month. They've had CCI shorts and rat-shot in stock about every time I've checked for the past several months too but there's not much of a demand for those anyway.

Today when I asked the department clerk if that was all they had in stock she reached under the register counter and pulled out a 100 rd box of Winchester Super X, 1435 fps, 40 gr HP. She said that was the last one they had. I bought it.

I thought it a bit odd though that all the rest of the ammo except shotgun shells is kept locked up in a glass display case but this box of Winchester was laying under counter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wouldn't mind getting my hands on some Stingers. haven't seen any of those in several years.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 61 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,435
Posts18,470,821
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.