Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Saw this article and immediately thought, "How can she get away with that?".

From the article:
“If you own this gun, or you condone the ownership of this gun for private use, you may no longer enter either of my restaurants, because the only thing I want to teach my children is love,” Ms. Verrill wrote, including a picture of what appeared to be an AR-15, similar to the Sig Sauer MCX that Omar Mateen used to kill 49 people at a Orlando gay club over the weekend, the Portland Press Herald reported.

How in the world would you A) enforce this and B) legally be able to discriminate against legal firearm owners? Is this not the exact same thing the Sweet Cakes By Melissa did and they were sued successfully for $135,000?

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First question - how in the name of Hell would she be able to prove one way or the other whether someone did or did not own or condone the ownership of an firearm?

Someone is media whoring themselves and trying to get famous by painting her business with the blood of the dead. Seems as though it's working, too.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gun owners are not a protected class.

Now get to the back of the bus....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Why don't I ever get to live around the good places. This would be a daily occurrence.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SShooterZ

From the article:
“If you own this gun, or you condone the ownership of this gun for private use, you may no longer enter either of my restaurants, because the only thing I want to teach my children is love,” Ms. Verrill wrote, including a picture of what appeared to be an AR-15, similar to the Sig Sauer MCX that Omar Mateen used to kill 49 people at a Orlando gay club over the weekend, the Portland Press Herald reported.

How in the world would you A) enforce this and B) legally be able to discriminate against legal firearm owners? Is this not the exact same thing the Sweet Cakes By Melissa did and they were sued successfully for $135,000?
Unlike LGBTQWXYZ - whatever - the right to keep and bear arms is actually enshrined in the Bill of Rights, and yet nothing will be done by the courts to these bakers. Utter hypocrisy.

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Why don't I ever get to live around the good places. This would be a daily occurrence.

[Linked Image]

The anti-upper-decker

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Is this not the exact same thing the Sweet Cakes By Melissa did and they were sued successfully for $135,000?
No, it's far worse.

The judge that graveled that suit in should see how they cope with a full mag.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would be perfectly happy to not put any of my money in her pockets.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RWE

[Linked Image]

The anti-upper-decker

[Linked Image]

Guessing that's a sink next to the shietter.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

[Linked Image]

The anti-upper-decker

[Linked Image]

Guessing that's a sink next to the shietter.

LMAO!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

From the article:

It's not even remotely the same thing.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Snyper

From the article:

Did your husband just whisper that in your ear?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Discrimination against LBGT is out of fashion.
Discrimination against gun owners is in fashion.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. George Orwell, Animal Farm.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Genuinely interested to hear how this is different.

My first thought was "Oh well; I'm sure gun owners won't care to put money in your pockets anyway," which ought to be the first thought of anyone anywhere in a free society whose business is not wanted in any establishment for any reason.

A society of pansie-a$$ed victims is all we've become.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

From the article:

Did your husband just whisper that in your ear?

Just because you're gay doesn't mean everyone else is too.

If you can't see the obvious difference, you're just a moron.

I realize you think you're funny, but you mostly come across as an idiot, which is why I keep you on ignore most of the time.

I'm not sure why I even saw your post, but I'll fix that immediately.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

From the article:

This is her direct quote...

“I cannot, in good conscience, accept anyone inside of my restaurants who believes that this is OK.” end of quote
She also used the word "condone". It is exactly the same.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Pretty easy solution here. Show up, announce you're a gun owner and see what happens. If you're refused service sue and collect your $135,000.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

[Linked Image]

You're younger than I'd have guessed.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Just because you're gay doesn't mean everyone else is too.

If you can't see the obvious difference, you're just a moron.

I realize you think you're funny, but you mostly come across as an idiot, which is why I keep you on ignore most of the time.

I'm not sure why I even saw your post, but I'll fix that immediately.

Hey Snipper, Your father may have been an [bleep], but you need to forgive him. Not for his sake, but for yours. You'll be better off not trying to live your life to spite him.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by okie

From the article:

This is her direct quote...

“I cannot, in good conscience, accept anyone inside of my restaurants who believes that this is OK.” end of quote
She also used the word "condone". It is exactly the same.

Repeating a fantasy won't make it true.
Saying you won't allow gun owners is not the same as discrimination based of sex or religion.

You people talk a lot about "rights" and "freedom" but only want them for yourselves and those who agree with you.

It's her business, and she can do this if she wants.
If you don't like it, don't eat there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (160user, 007FJ, 1234, 1Longbow, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,215 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,919
Posts18,479,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.