Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by milespatton
What's so wrong with driving the speed limit in the left lane?

What is wrong with getting out of other peoples way? miles

Why should safe drivers have too? They are not under any obligation to exceed the speed limit.

Yes you are, Ace. The left lane is the PASSING LANE. On a three lane road, the left lane continues to be the passing lane, the center lane is the transit lane (for you moderates) and the right lane is for women and geezers.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Lot of folks should just hang up their driving.

They can't stand to be with any other folks on the road. grin

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Pat85

Why should safe drivers have too? They are not under any obligation to exceed the speed limit.

Safe drivers don't ride in the passing lane, they travel in the travel lane and pass on the left.

Really! Safe drivers don't think they own the road and can constantly exceed the speed limit.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Yes you are, Ace. The left lane is the PASSING LANE. On a three lane road, the left lane continues to be the passing lane, the center lane is the transit lane (for you moderates) and the right lane is for women and geezers.

Speed limit applies to all lane, Ace.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by pal
More federal meddling.

^^^He's exactly right^^^

We're we supposed to have a 10th Amendment? Didn't the states give the right for the federal government to exist? Weren't we supposed to have a decentralized government with a limited federal government? Weren't we supposed to have maximum individual liberty?

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I can see where this is going. GPS units will monitor speeds of certain vehicles for safety purposes only. When equipped vehicles exceed safe speeds, drivers will receive computer generated citations for violations. This will work out so well, that every vehicle driven upon any road/freeway in the USA will be required to be equipped with GPS monitoring units. Just think of all of that money that will be fleeced from Americans. And of course, it'll be for safety purposes only. We gotta think of the children.

Yeah, right!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Speed limit applies to all lane, Ace.

No it does not. But nice dodge to my statement out of staying out of the left lane. Aside from COMMON F U C K I N G courtesy, it is a SAFER MOVE to MOVE OVER instead of creating a hazard by blocking traffic.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
When two lanes are going the same direction you can pass in either lane. Just sayin.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Passing on the right is generally frowned upon.

If your holding up traffic, just move the fugg over. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
They are. In three and four lane roads there should be no trucks in the left land in WA.

I was thinking more like a truck only lane on the right. Kinda a hov for trucks they aren't allowed to operate out of.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SakoAV
I can see where this is going. GPS units will monitor speeds of certain vehicles for safety purposes only. When equipped vehicles exceed safe speeds, drivers will receive computer generated citations for violations. This will work out so well, that every vehicle driven upon any road/freeway in the USA will be required to be equipped with GPS monitoring units. Just think of all of that money that will be fleeced from Americans. And of course, it'll be for safety purposes only. We gotta think of the children.

Yeah, right!

You are so far behind the times. Most companies know where a truck is at any given moment, speed, RPMs and a stack of other data. Go to fast and you are out the door.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Yeah, right!

You are so far behind the times. Most companies know where a truck is at any given moment, speed, RPMs and a stack of other data. Go to fast and you are out the door.

Scott,

No, I'm not behind anything. I know that GPS units have been in use for decades, which is how delivery companies track our packages. But that's not the topic of this thread. The topic is GOVERNMENTAL intervention.

Why would you suppose the feds want a speed monitoring device installed on commercial vehicles? Do you think that this is a slippery slope, that government can incrementally require all vehicles to be equipped with such devices? And from there, what will it do with information it collects from Joe speeding to work on the freeway? Can you envision Joe receiving a computer generated cite? Can you envision how government can use such devices to generate a whole of revenue that it'll fleece from the everyday, average Joes and Josephines of the country?

Oh yeah, don't forget that government can exert greater control over us by requiring every car sold in America to be equipped with a monitoring device.

From there, where does it go? Will government requiring tracking devices on our debit cards? That we'll be unable to disable tracking devices on our cell phones?

Seems as though only women have an expectation of privacy when they want to rid themselves of the burden of pregnancy.

There are two ways to enact public policy: rational comprehensive or incrementally. With the former, government bands and confiscates guns in one action. In the latter, government constricts the population of gun owners until no one is deemed safe to own guns.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Everything.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This was all just a matter of time anyway.

Every dumb fugk and their brother thinks using a phone and driving is an impossibility. They also think seat belts should be mandatory and motorcycles should be legal.

There's no logic in anything any more. It's all feel good idiotic BS.

Breathalyzers in every vehicle will be next.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In Idaho, the freeway limit is 80 and that applies to all lanes. If you're doing 80 in the left lane and someone wants to pass, you usually have to slow down to 70 or so to move right. Since you're already going the speed limit and passing cars & trucks doing it, I see no reason to slow down so someone can break the law. If I can do it without slowing down, then I'll move over.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yeah, right!

Scott,

No, I'm not behind anything. I know that GPS units have been in use for decades, which is how delivery companies track our packages. But that's not the topic of this thread. The topic is GOVERNMENTAL intervention.

Why would you suppose the feds want a speed monitoring device installed on commercial vehicles? Do you think that this is a slippery slope, that government can incrementally require all vehicles to be equipped with such devices? And from there, what will it do with information it collects from Joe speeding to work on the freeway? Can you envision Joe receiving a computer generated cite? Can you envision how government can use such devices to generate a whole of revenue that it'll fleece from the everyday, average Joes and Josephines of the country?

Oh yeah, don't forget that government can exert greater control over us by requiring every car sold in America to be equipped with a monitoring device.

From there, where does it go? Will government requiring tracking devices on our debit cards? That we'll be unable to disable tracking devices on our cell phones?

Seems as though only women have an expectation of privacy when they want to rid themselves of the burden of pregnancy.

There are two ways to enact public policy: rational comprehensive or incrementally. With the former, government bands and confiscates guns in one action. In the latter, government constricts the population of gun owners until no one is deemed safe to own guns.

The Government already is in the loop. Trucking companys get two inspections a year where they can look at any of the data collected and match it the drivers log book. It has been going on for years.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
In Idaho, the freeway limit is 80 and that applies to all lanes. If you're doing 80 in the left lane and someone wants to pass, you usually have to slow down to 70 or so to move right. Since you're already going the speed limit and passing cars & trucks doing it, I see no reason to slow down so someone can break the law. If I can do it without slowing down, then I'll move over.

Amen Cousin, thank you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
When two lanes are going the same direction you can pass in either lane. Just sayin.

I'm not a big fan of doing things the wrong way.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Under a 'flave administration, you'd be pitted. And executed.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Amen Cousin, thank you.

Back of the head. BANG!

Dave

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1234, 16penny, 1lesfox, 63 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,464
Posts18,471,337
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.