-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do any of you have experience with Costa's Rx lenses? I've been wearing Costa Eliminator EL 11's with prescription lenses for close to 10 years. These frames fit me great and have lots of coverage. I'm on my second set of frames and have a third stashed away. The original pair I got from a Costa Del Mar authorized optician. They were insanely expensive and the Rx lenses were flat, not fitting the curved frames. The lenses kept popping out and the optician made a second set of flat polarized Rx lenses, which fared better, but still weren't really right. Looking back, I'm now doubting that the RX lenses were actually Costa lenses. Later, I had curved polarized RX lenses made by an outfit in Ft. Lauderdale, FL via mail order/internet. These were much better and since have had second pair with an updated prescription made. This was

Lately, I'm noticing that my fishing partner sees a whole lot more with his new Costas. Granted I'm using a dark gray lens and he has a green mirrored lens, but this has me thinking about getting new lenses made. Due to the expense and hassle, I'd like to hear people's thoughts on reasonably available prescription polarized lenses?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I found Makos to be the best when I used to fish offshore, in Australia.

Glass or Poly lenses available.

http://www.makoeyewear.com.au/

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Smith's have been my choice for sunglasses and ski goggles for over 20 years. Great customer service; I recently crushed a lens on a 3 year old pair which they had discontinued. Obviously my fault; they told me to pick any current product and deduct 60%. My current favorite is the Ridgewell w/ brown polarized glass lens. Really prefer the glass lenses; very scratch resistant and I am not easy on my shade:

http://www.smithoptics.com/us/Root/Men%27s/Sunglasses/New/Ridgewell/p/RIGPPCPTT

Last edited by Cruiser1; 08/26/16.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
^^^^
Smith brown chromopop glass has been working awesome for inshore and tidal flats/bays, as well as freshwater creeks and lakes.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I've been using a pair of Costa's for about 8 years and I'm pretty happy with them. Need to get some Rx lenses, otherwise I have to wear contacts under them and that isn't always convenient or comfortable. The guide I use in Punta Gorda, FL swears by the Salt Life glasses, but I've never tried them. He's on the water 50 weeks of the year and buys his own stuff so there may be something to them.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,472
Posts18,471,452
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.