-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Neighbor didn't know Dad shot Expert in the Army.

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yep.

I would think there would have been a different outcome if that happened to one of us. And, they wouldn't have to euphanize those dogs, they'd already be history.

In my case, they'd have been history a along time ago...

There wouldn't be a story...

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Yep.

I would think there would have been a different outcome if that happened to one of us. And, they wouldn't have to euphanize those dogs, they'd already be history.

In my case, they'd have been history a along time ago...

There wouldn't be a story...

DF

There are a lot of non-stories in these parts.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Just can't believe any man that wasn't a veggie in a chair, could listen to his own Mother, or anyone for that matter, being mauled to death DF, did you see where he was treated and released?

He put up NO defense for his Mom.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by gunner500
Different 'men' today EE.
I guess so. Dad fought the Japs in WWII. Killing a dog didn't bother him any.

There were a couple of the neighbor's dogs that got to chasing cattle. Dad, my Uncle and cousin and the neighbor were standing there watching and the damned mutts started doing it right in front of them. The neighbor told Dad to shoot 'em. All Dad had with him was my Grandpa's decrepit old Winchester pump .22. The neighbor didn't think Dad would hit a couple of running dogs forty or fifty yards away. Dad dropped both the sumbeaches. heheh

I was raised on a cattle farm and city folk would throw out dogs they didn't want. Those critters would form up in packs and harass calves. The neighbor boys would gun for them with their .22's. Those dogs learned that if they stayed at a hundred yards or so distance, they were safe. That is, until they got to our place. I was a gun nut way back then, happened to have a 40XB, .244 that just loved 60 gr. Sierras. Well, those dogs weren't safe at a hundred, weren't safe at 300... shocked

DF

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
No one likes to hear stories like this. But if it had to happen, thank goodness it was not some small child who payed the price for the owners stupidity . Hasbeen

at least it was the owner,,,,,,,

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Coward.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by PPosey
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
No one likes to hear stories like this. But if it had to happen, thank goodness it was not some small child who payed the price for the owners stupidity . Hasbeen

at least it was the owner,,,,,,,

People in this part of the world have pit bulls mostly to ward off those wanting to steal their dope and several owners have been mauled by their guard "pets".

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Signs and wonders.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well Richard seems like a no talent pussy to me. WTF lets their mom die when they can help it. I hope the F'r caught rabies.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

That aint no boy, son, or man! that's a pussy!

Gunner beat me too it.

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I am just waiting about to see how TRH explains it was the dead lady's fault because pits don't do that.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I am just waiting about to see how TRH explains it was the dead lady's fault because pits don't do that.

They obviously weren't pits since no DNA tests were done to confirm their pedigree.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
These are by and large the kind of 'men' we will have looking out for us as we age guys, we best continue to fend for ourselves, do-gooders with balls are a dying breed, oh, and "THAT" would be "US" too! mad

These were the kids damn dogs too!!!!!

THIS!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by JSTUART

They obviously weren't pits since no DNA tests were done to confirm their pedigree.

Believe the article said pitbull Terrier mix.

I suspect it was the cocker spaniel in these dogs that caused them to lick that lady to death

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
In nature, one is either dominant or submissive. From the story, it is evident that Jr. was the submissive wanker in the family and the mutts likely were the dominant faction running the household because they could. Have seen ankle biters do the same....

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Montivigant
From the story, it is evident that Jr. was the submissive wanker in the family and the mutts likely were the dominant faction running the household because they could.

Yep.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Montivigant
In nature, one is either dominant or submissive. From the story, it is evident that Jr. was the submissive wanker in the family and the mutts likely were the dominant faction running the household because they could. Have seen ankle biters do the same....

And in the cases where they are not the dominant faction in the household, they are constantly on the look-out for non-household creatures that they can dominate.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm hoping Richard the III is an invalid with the palsy, or similar. WTF man.

Wifes aunt has some ghetto azz dogs. One took a hunk out of her leg a couple years ago. Ended up in the hospital.

She had raised the POS since it was a pup and lived with it for years.

She was in a doorway when the thing lit into her. She was able to get the door closed on the dogs head still attached to her. Skinny little thing would of been dead if the dog grabbed her in a room or outside

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
A Louisville Slugger is damned good dog medicine. Gives new meaning to the term of "putting them down".
if its your own dog, you more than likely won't have anything on you to use as a weapon, thats what happened to me, the one thing i had was a plan in my head encase i was ever attacked by a dog and to be able to stay cool and collected when it happened.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 23 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,706
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.