-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I volunteer for a children's organization my kids are involved in. For fundraising, we run Bingo several bingo sessions at a local bingo hall.

Last week, some guy walked in with his family to play bingo with a firearm strapped to his side. One of my fellow managers ho was working that session didn't know what to do (nothing) and reported it to the executive director of the children's group. She immediately convened an emergency board meeting for the non-profit and they unanimously passed a no firearms policy for organization, including fundraising, instructing us to post the new policy on the doors of the bingo hall when we host sessions.

We normally hire off-duty police as security, but lately, not many of the shifts have been filled - not enough cops to fill all the over-time/off-duty opportunities. On nights I manage, I always carry. Now they want us to post that there are no guns when there are often no police. And we have thousands of dollars, sometimes over $10,000 on hand.

Four years ago, another group at the hall was robbed at gunpoint at the end of the session.

I fired off an email to the exec director informing her I would no longer manage any games under the policy. The Bingo Hall is a known target for robbers, security has been absent and that they will now be putting volunteers at greater risk by advertising that the bingo hall will have no armed people and lots of cash. JHC - they're going to get somebody killed.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If you decide to continue to work the sessions, I'd just ignore the rule. Fug em.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Liberal bastages already got people killed - all around the country.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Its what they do best!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They are clueless! To them a gun means a bad guy. They don't understand that a guy who doesn't mind you seeing his gun or anyone with a CCW is in fact a good guy. The best defense against bad guys, (those who will be illegally armed with intent to do harm,no matter how many signs you hang or rules you make), is a bunch of armed good guys.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
meanwhile john fuggen wayne with the open carry is right now at the waffle house shoveling a schitty omelete and reveling in his manliness.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by rem141r
meanwhile john fuggen wayne with the open carry is right now at the waffle house shoveling a schitty omelete and reveling in his manliness.

Or Burger King. I swear there's a guy around town who follows me, and he's wearing a plastic Ruger of some sort in a nylon holster. I've seen him in various establishments all over town. I kinda get a kick out of it. Cheap azz holster and no doubt the cheapest Ruger he could find, too.

Then, there's the lesbian couple who were carrying in another place a month or so back. It was supposed to be concealed, but she did a poor job of it. I cannot imagine anyone trying to tag that one, regardless, and her pardner was equally unattractive.

Open carry around town doesn't make any sense to me, regardless of legality. Out of town, okay, in town, keep it hidden.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Concealed or open don't mean a thing to me.
When it comes out of the holster - my attention is undivided!
smile smile smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Concealed carry here in Texas

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,418
Posts18,470,528
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.