-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone own a Springfield Armory M21? I've been hankering for a Rockola M-14 for some time now, or maybe an M1A. Now the M21 has caught my fancy. Trying to decide. Anyone want to share your opinion. I started my Marine Corps career with the M-14, and have always wanted one, so it is kind of a bucket list item before I kick the bucket, if you know what I mean.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have a loaded M1A that was tweaked a bit (bedded into a McMillan M3A stock). I don't shoot it often and it's probably one of the least accurate rifles I own. They're not cheap either.

Still, there's something about it that is compelling. I've had the opportunity to sell mine several times and never could let it go. On the rare occasion that I take it out, it's a blast to shoot.

I also have a WWII Garand and I shoot that one a LOT more.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Get you the M40...and grin!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Here's my Springfield M1A, in a refinished GI stock.
Almost the same as the one I carried in the Marines back in the 60's except for the shorter barrel.
Still a great rifle to shoot.
[Linked Image]

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Dr. had an M1A Bush rifle with the 18" barrel model prior to the Scout. This rifle is in the 140,000 serial range and some GI parts were still being used. Obviously the 18" barrel is not a GI part as the were no production M14 rifles with 18" barrels.

I wanted to buy it when he passed but his wife sold all his guns before the body was cold!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I've owned pretty much all the versions of the M1A at one time or another but decided that there were better and more accurate platforms for the 7.62. It still has a place in my heart, just not the gun safe anymore.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I gotta get one now 'cause I bought three 20-rd mags for it! grin

Just trying to figure out the best time to break the news to the little wifey.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have a Springfield M21 with a Krieger SS Barrel and the M25 adjustable match grade trigger.
I put a March 8X80 variable scope on it.
it is by far my favorite Rifle
I also have the Springfield Socom16 and a Scout with a Mossy oak stalk
it took Springfield about 2 years to get it to me from when I ordered it.
Worth the wait.
It was my first built for me Firearm
Worth the wait.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We have 2 built M1As.

Extremely accurate for the platform they come on. heavy, the way I like match guns.

Both in Mc stocks.

Both with Kriegers.

both easily sub MOA to 600 pretty much all day long.

Couldn't really ask for more, other than if we had not moved to the AR, we'd have had more, and they'd have been double or triple lugged.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a scout squad and it is both fun and handy.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Prefer Fulton Armory M14- M21.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You can get a real gunsmith to build one thats as good or better than fulton, for the same money, but then again I"ve always had issues with those dumbasses.

Well hell I guess you can still find someone to build a great M1A... I have not had that done in years.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

Still need a receiver.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have a fondness for them being the son of the garand. Yes there are better platforms today, in some ways, certainly in the sense of keeping them accurate, scope mounting, etc.
however, i had for a while a smith technology build with all the goodies, basically the same rifle they build for the marines. about a 7k project. I would say it could/can hold it's own.
I think my favorite is the scout, just a little longer barrel than the socom, pic rail, and fiberglass stock. With the sights they come with i didn't find given it's purpose a real good reason to scope it.
the early m1a's other than the reciever were all most all military.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

401 members (1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,077
Posts18,501,554
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.