Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Insightful.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No accessories on the pistol. I keep some flashlights on and near the nightstand. I have a motion activated night light at the top of the stairs just outside the bedroom to illuminate anything coming upstairs. The rifle under the bed has a WML.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A loaded pistol and three full magazines. I'll wait for them, I won't go looking for it, but if trouble comes, it better be in an armored vehicle.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 6mm250

I wouldn't have a light on a handgun.

Mike
Illuminate us on your reasoning.

I'd rather not illuminate you trh , I'd rather keep you in the dark.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

I felt the same until recently. Let's just say, someone "showed me the light!"

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Mike
Illuminate us on your reasoning.

I'd rather not illuminate you trh , I'd rather keep you in the dark.

Mike
Then illuminate the rest of the participants here. I promise not to read it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Surefire 300X light, trijicon tritium night sights. Federal HydraShock 230 grain SP.
[Linked Image]

you don't always have the luxury of 'calling 911 and waiting to let to cops search". Often you are forced to take action yourself. Yeah, I want a bright light to facilitate my shot.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 09/22/16.

Sam......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SAKO75
Curious what the majority have here on the pistol that they grab when they hear a noise in the night.

Do you have a tac light, laser, both, neither?

What do you have or don't have and Why?

XD45 with both.

BUT...I'd grab the 870 (with a light) first.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
My dogs....then a G27

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And I will add:

If I don't NEED a light, I don't turn it on. BUT if it is very dark and I can't see my hand in front of my face, I'd rather be able to see whomever is making the noise. A light doesn't have to be attached to a gun and holding a light away from you body is advisable. This is why I like a laser. You can keep the gun away from your body, but use the light and laser to reach around a door to light up a hall (the most dangerous place to be). The laser works without lining up sights. But you NEED to see if what/who is making the noise, right? If it's my child or wife, I want to know that. Hard to if you don't have a light.

Never put your booger hook on the bang switch when clearing any structure. Your trigger finger lies along the side of the firearm/trigger guard. Focus on your own actions and don't be in any hurry. Sometimes the noise can be identified within reason by listenening rsather than taking immediate action.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Why point a pistol at somebody you're not interested in shooting?
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Why point a pistol at somebody you're not interested in shooting?

Training and trigger control sir. Recognize the threat, aim, and squeeze. Plenty of good guys alive in Iraq where I served because of training while in and after.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have a glock 22 with CT laser on it within arms reach. and always have a smaller pocket pistol in my pants pocket at the end of the bed.

Anyone that doesn't learn something new everyday has their eyes and ears closed with their mouths open.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Curious what the majority have here on the pistol that they grab when they hear a noise in the night.

Do you have a tac light, laser, both, neither?

What do you have or don't have and Why?

For home, it was a revolver, now a pistol, along with a good handheld light, and a phone. Someone above question the ability to search, clear rooms, etc w/ a handheld light vs weapon mounted light, and my personal response, to that, is the use of training and tactics. I've done this professionally for so many decades, having quite a number of real life work experiences, to include armed subjects, that my techniques are sound, including use of the four Ps. At home, I run into so many needs for the bedside handheld light, absent use of a firearm, that I use one vs a weapon light. At work, however, certain tactical low light situations are better executed with the addition of a weapon mounted light. I know others having both a handheld plus weapon light at their bedside. I place more more value with having the handheld.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So the people using lights, are you say you're going to go looking for the intruder?

I've wondered what I'd do... Part of me says stay put, call 911 and point the muzzle at the door and wait

This may have been answered, but:

You live in a large farm house with four, five, or so, additional loved ones within the structure, in different rooms. And say you wake to an intruder and gunfire in the house? Say you are armed with your wife and your children are not?? In my mind, I'm thinking active shooter, and I'm going toward the gunfire. Many scenarios I can think of where the need to push will outweigh the need to hunker down.

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

354 members (12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 41 invisible), 2,524 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,467
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.