Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.rt.com/viral/359671-tasmanian-tiger-spotted-camera/

Published time: 17 Sep, 2016 16:14

Footage has emerged which apparently shows a Tasmanian Tiger roaming the wilds of southern Victoria in Australia.

The animal was declared “extinct” in 1936.

The video, which was released by the Thylacine Awareness Group of Australia, shows close up footage of the animal, with experts very confident it is a Tasmanian Tiger, or Thylacine to give it its scientific title.

Filmed in 2008 but only released on Friday, Thylacine Awareness Group founder Neil Waters says there are a number of features which would indicate the animal is a thylacine, or a possible subspecies of it.

The Tasmanian Tiger is striped with a long stiff tail like an extended tail bone, which doesn’t wag like a dog, as well as thick neck and is much stockier than a dog or a fox, all of which Waters claims is evident in this footage.

Waters says the way the animal walks is also like that of thylacine, as opposed to a dog or fox.

According to the group, the woman who filmed the footage spotted the creature around 12 times over a period of 12 months, with its “prehistoric looking head” catching the woman’s attention.

Another aspect of the animal’s manner caught the woman’s attention too.

“I Googled how fox's urinate and they urinate like a normal dog. But this thing, backed up against one of those reeds there and just sprayed like a male cat would,” the woman said.

The woman who filmed the footage says she happened to see a thylacine and a fox in the same area on one sighting, which let her distinguish further between the two and lead her to believe it was in fact a thylacine.

Native to continental Australia, Tasmania and New Guinea, the animal is thought to have gone extinct due to competition from dingoes. The last known Tasmanian Tiger died in 1936 at the Hobart Zoo in Tasmania in Australia, after which it was declared “extinct.”

A number of people have claimed to have spotted the animal over the years but their claims have usually been debunked, with most failing to provide video evidence.

Earlier this month, Thylacine Awareness Group also released another video of a potential thylacine sighting near someone’s house in Adelaide in South Australia.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
2008? Probably was eaten by a Bigfoot.
Goner.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Interesting video. It does look a lot like a thylacine. But we'll need an actual animal in the hand to prove they still exist.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Bullshit...have a look where the tail meets the arse-end, it is completely different.

Some twit cannot tell the difference between a mangy fox and a tiger, or doesn't want to.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

The problem you get when townie pricks leave the bitumen, their imagination gets the better of them.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm open to the possibility of a few being around. The posture of the tail in the video stands out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GMO TIGER

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dingo with mange, filmed from a distance.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With a bad right paw...

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I'm open to the possibility of a few being around. The posture of the tail in the video stands out.

Doesn't matter if you bend over and stick flowers up your arse, if you cannot tell what a summertime mangy fox looks and moves like you have no business getting out of a vehicle.

As for tigers, if they are anywhere it will be in Tassie as there are places there that even the black-fellas never got to, as it is too rough.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Dingo with mange, filmed from a distance.

It is not a [bleep] dingo you twit.

Haven't you lot ever seen a mangy fox.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
LoL!!! Don't get your knickers in a twist, it's just a Tasmanian tiger. How much is a hunting permit and what is the hunting season on those critters? Can you recommend a good taxidermist who's got experience with them?? grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
LoL!!! Don't get your knickers in a twist, it's just a Tasmanian tiger. How much is a hunting permit and what is the hunting season on those critters? Can you recommend a good taxidermist who's got experience with them?? grin

We hear a lot of this type of crap from dills with a vested interest, generally the ones that have never been off bitumen.

Were I inclined to investigate for tigers I would go to the roughest part of Tassie and live in the bush for a few years with a camera, and a fishing rod as there is world class trout fishing to be had there.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
all the experts on this site crack me up... I would like to buy them for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ShurshotOH
all the experts on this site crack me up... I would like to buy them for what they are worth and sell them for what they think they are worth.

Actually, I have spent the better part of fifty years wandering about the bush in Australia and I am bloody well sure I have a better idea than some ponce in America has regarding what is floating around here.

And if there were something like that around I would have shot it and taken the money, so would the thousands of other blokes that have spent years shooting roo's under a spotlight.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
JS you are probably right. But this gives these wildlife huggers hope and now they can ask for money to go protect the animals and protect their habitat. Just to keep you blokes from going into the territory.
Filmed in 2008 but only released on Friday, Thylacine Awareness Group founder Neil Waters says there are a number of features which would indicate the animal is a thylacine, or a possible subspecies of it. Huh 8 years later?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That video was shot with the same camera they used on bigfoot.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
LMAO, even i can tell its not a tiger.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
JS you just made my point... lol everyone is an expert. just think of the money I could make! smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,845 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,794
Posts18,477,352
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.