Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Something about the gun firing upon closing the bolt. This isn't new is it? Seems that I hear this about 2 years ago?
So what is going on?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
HR IC

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
True - I got the postcard a couple days ago.. It's just a 'reminder' to inform Rem firearm owners of a settlement in the class-action suit re: their pos triggers..

Along with a note that - .."if you want to keep your right to sue the defendants yourself, you must exclude yourself from the settlement class by Nov. 18, 2016. If you stay in, you may object to the settlement by Nov. 18, 2016.."

Rem has more trigger recalls than Carters has liver pills..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think Remington's trigger is the best in industry. However, when an incompetent person happens along all things can happen. You can't over engineer for stupid.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Commercials are on the radio here too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bugger
I think Remington's trigger is the best in industry. However, when an incompetent person happens along all things can happen. You can't over engineer for stupid.

Which trigger, the new or old?

Mike Walker, who designed the original trigger, is on record in deposition as saying the original is a flawed, dangerous design which he urged Remington to fix in the early 1960's.

But what would he know...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Got a card in the mail today. It is relative to the X-Mark Pro trigger. says they can fire without a trigger pull. The old voluntary safety recall thing. Seems I can have my trigger replaced free of charge,among other benefits. Problem is,I don't have any of the X-Mark triggers. Mine are all 70s and 80s triggers. Tuned and staying right here.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I think Remington's trigger is the best in industry.
Best joke of the day..
However, when an incompetent person happens along all things can happen.
THAT applies to anything..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Clearly, it's among the best of those that might go off accidently.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Lee-
you must see a lot of triggers. What is best in your view?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's a wonder they can even stay in business at this point.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ironbender
Lee-
you must see a lot of triggers. What is best in your view?

I'll wait for Lee's response...

But I've got money on the M70 old style. I would like Winchester if they made rifles in the USA, but the old ones are still good to go.

Though it's really the extractor he likes most about the 700.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Brad

Which trigger, the new or old?

Mike Walker, who designed the original trigger, is on record in deposition as saying the original is a flawed, dangerous design which he urged Remington to fix in the early 1960's.

But what would he know...

NO, he is not on record for saying that Brad.

Jeeez......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Something about the gun firing upon closing the bolt. This isn't new is it? Seems that I hear this about 2 years ago?
So what is going on?

If a guy knows what he is doing, he can adjust the original Walker trigger and make the firing pin drop when closing the bolt in less time than it takes to unscrew the stock.

If a guy doesn't know what he is doing, it takes him slightly longer to misadjust the trigger...........

Virtually every M700 "misfire" is some knucklehead messing with the sear engagement screw or a very dirty trigger.

But I hope everybody keeps badmouthing them, 'cause it keeps the price down--makes it cheaper to replace the less than desirable X Mark and X Mark Pro's............

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1234, 219DW, 2500HD, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,795
Posts18,496,223
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.