Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by slm9s
+2 for black on white targets at longer distances. I like a diamond more than a square, easier to center the crosshairs IMO.

There's a couple on bottom of this page that I like:

http://mysticvalleygunclub.com/printable-targets/

slm9s,

How do you print one on a laser print so it turns out to be the correct size? On my HP M601 the single diamond target has 20mm square blocks, not 1" as I would expect. frown

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Turk1961
Originally Posted by slm9s
+2 for black on white targets at longer distances. I like a diamond more than a square, easier to center the crosshairs IMO.

There's a couple on bottom of this page that I like:

http://mysticvalleygunclub.com/printable-targets/

slm9s,

How do you print one on a laser print so it turns out to be the correct size? On my HP M601 the single diamond target has 20mm square blocks, not 1" as I would expect. frown

Sorry for the late response, I just saw your question. I am far from a computer expert so I'm not sure how to solve your printing problem. I would just google "printable targets" and find the same target on another website and hope it prints correctly for you.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I will try that when I get home from this trip.

Thanks

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Stag Arms is another option for a variety of printable targets; [color:#FF0000]PRINTABLE TARGET LINK[/color]

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A two inch square of red duct tape on white paper is all you want.

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like blue 2 inch painters tape. On a black sprayed circle about 12 inches DIA. 2 in. Square of the tape placed in the center with one corner up, like a diamond.
For my eye the blue is much more visible against the black contrasting background of the circle.
Double the width to a 4 inch square for lower power scopes.
Having the corners of the diamond to align up the scope reticle cross hairs is helpful for a consistent hold.
At my range there is a skeet field next to it. The White Flyer target boxes opened up make great cardboard backstops stapled to a pallet. They are just about the size of an IPSIC target if you cut off the wings.

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Was wondering if there is a specific target that you like to use at 300 yards. Source to purchase them? I don't mind printing some but I do like a big piece of paper for those "flyers". blush

Thanks.

I've found nothing simpler and easier than the below homemade target, which is a grid printed from the computer on an 8.5x11" piece of paper. I merely use painters tape to make a square around the center, this is for 100 yards and I just make a bigger square and use a bigger dot when shooting 200 or 300 yards. It's cheap and works very well to shoot tight groups. The below target was shot at 100 yards using a 2.5X scope. Imagine if it had been a 4x or 6x scope.

If you cannot stay on paper at 300 yards, get a roll of brown paper from the hardware store. It's cheap and comes in several roll widths to serve your needs. Roll that out over your backer and then center the printed target over the top. The contrasts make it easy to line up your sights. The brown paper can work double duty for patterning a shotgun.

[Linked Image]

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice. Great ideas with the blue masking tape!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
For shooting at 300m with the "F" class rifles, I use 100 yd NRA smallbore targets. For hunting rifles, I use a blank piece of 8x11 printer paper, oriented horizontally. My hunting scopes are all 6x or less. The target rifles wear anything from twelve to 36x. I am, generally speaking, not trying to shoot small groups but to hit center. GD

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I staple a white paper plate to a big piece of cardboard cut from a cardboard box.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I go around after election day and pick up political signs, but only ones printed on heavy coated paperboard. They're usually blank on the back, but folded over. I unfold to get the blank side. I draw 6" circles with a thick magic marker or 3" diameter stickers.

Campaigns are supposed to pick up their signs within 48 hours (varies by locality)of election day. So, I'm helping with the clean up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sakoluvr,

Was wondering if there is a specific target that you like to use at 300 yards. Source to purchase them? I don't mind printing some but I do like a big piece of paper for those "flyers". blush

I make an "L" with a felt marker that consists of three lines about 1/8" apart. This works better than a solid line for seeing a bullet hole in the line. Each leg of the "L" is 3" long. I hole the reticle so that the vertical and horizontal wires are right beside and below the "L".

For 200 yards I make a 2" "L" with two lines and for 100 yards I make a 1" "L" with one line.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I staple a white paper plate to a big piece of cardboard cut from a cardboard box.

Travis

Some days I really regret sending you 500lbs of Coke to distribute...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Bright colors have ragged edges to my eyes. I don't care for that..

I make my own targets, a black outlined diamond. I find it easier to center a diamond than anything else.

Remember this is what works for me.

I make paper with a 1 inch grid, and then center diamonds on there.

The center white part is somewhere between 1/2 moa and 1 moa. The black outline is generally close to if not somewhat smaller than the same. IE 1/2 moa center at 100, 1/2 inch wide black outline.

I don't generally use anything bigger than about 4-5 inch white, at 600, which is about as far as I test anything anymore.

Then I just run a bunch on a copier.

Black and white is easy on the eyes for me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
12" X 12" steel for quick verification.
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (219 Wasp, 160user, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,838
Posts18,496,789
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.