Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Just for conversation's sake, how would it be designed if one was targeting optimum, and what would it cost?

Price a Sako, and you will have your answer....

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11494834#Post11494834

Anybody here believe me about the $hitty customer service and overpriced replacement parts now?

Keep giving Beretta your money.......

The thread you reference is about a Sako A7 with "overpriced replacement parts". So now I'm a bit confused about your stance here - is Sako "optimum" or not?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To be honest, Jim, the tupperware A7 wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I said Sako. I forgot they even made the thing. Same material stock as the Tikka on that......?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Either way though, Sako replacement parts are just as ridiculously over priced, slow to get, and backed by same $hitty CS....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Funny... I gotta buddy who's .300 Winny is on its THIRD trip back to Remington.... the last time they had it it took 3 months to get it back, only to have the exact same failure to extract the first time he shot it. Remington said he was crazy.... literally, he's done with them.... my guess is forever.

I gotta Tikka with a bad trigger in it once, gun would only go off about 30% of the time. I had a brand new one in 3 days.... with a call slip to ship the other one back....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like you got lucky. This guy got boned twice by Beretta. Nothing new. Been going on for years....

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=49137.0

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by wyomike
WOW!!!! Never expected so many responses. I bought the Tikka.
.243, wood stock. Handles very nice, and in my opinion it's a nice looking rifle. I mounted a Leupold 3-9.Total cost for rifle & scope was $708.00, and I sent in a $50.00 rebate coupon to Leupold, wich brings it to $658.00, but the best part of all this is that the rifle really shoots. I had some old brass, and Speer 6mm bullets laying around and loaded some up, and went to the range. .75 @ 100 yards,and it wasn't the greatest day for shooting. If you live or have ever been to central Wyoming, you know what it's like. Wind, wind, and more wind.
A friend of mine has a Seminol elk tag, so I'm going with him in the morning. Hopefully the winds will calm down and I'll try some different loads in the Tikka towards the end of the week.
Wyomike

That's a good deal, and I'm sure that rifle is going to work well for you for a very long time.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
wyomike, that rifle should server you well, and I agree that is a good deal. Just think, that rifle will shoot so well, so quickly, with most anything you wish, you'll be out killing stuff while 2muchgun is still running his mouth about it.

An argument is a piss poor substitute for experience.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still crying?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schidt...

I've had a few Tikkas and they have been incredible shooters despite me not wanting to admit how good they are/were.

Tikka T3 SL in .223. Ten shot group with a cold bore flyer. (Most likely me.)
[Linked Image]

Tikka .270 WCF would do this more often than not with 140 Bergers. Damn things kill deer pretty good.

[Linked Image]

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sounds like you got lucky. This guy got boned twice by Beretta. Nothing new. Been going on for years....

http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?topic=49137.0

I think you hate Tikka like Jud and Fred hate 'stick..... it's bordering on obsession man.... just let it go.

For someone who "doesn't care".... you sure are spending a lot of time defending your seriously dissenting opinion.

Pretty funny how "customer service" is now your lynchpin argument.... do you only use Vortex optics? I mean after all.... their product may suck balls.... but their customer service is top-notch!

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Over the years have had 12 (or more) different Tikka's and all but one was super accurate that one I sent off to JES and had it rebored to 35 Whelen now it shoots 200 T-TSX's to under a inch.

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not just customer service. The rifle is made up of parts I don't like and/or trust. Couple that with ridiculously priced replacement parts and crappy CS, well it just would not make much sense for me to buy one, now would it?

I don't buy Vortex.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The OP bought his rifle....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I have a Lite in .270 and one in 30-06. I bought the 30-06 for an Elk Hunt and after that I bought the .270 for Deer. I have not missed a shot, yet. Both perform terrifically. As for as those who complain about their customer service, I say, if you had a weapon for 5 years, and never had a failure, what do you care about customer service? I traded in my 700's for these because I could not get a good group with them. Now my groups are perfect, right out of the box.
I don't know how much more you can expect from a reasonably priced rifle.

Better to be over the hill than under it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Still crying?

How did you know?

It's quite entertaining......watching you run your mouth pretending to know what you're talking about.

I've actually been doing this.....

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Speaking of Tikka experiences, I posit a question:

I wouldn't mind getting a Tikka in 6.5x55 or 260. I shoot lefty, and the only ones I see are the Hunter models with the wood stocks. I'd prefer a synthetic stock.

Will the Hunter model barreled actions fit in a regular T3 Lite or T3X Lite stock? And does Tikka or Beretta sell the T3X stocks separately?

Thanks for any help.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Umm, I've been hunting pretty harsh conditions with a tikka T3 for going on 11 years now. I've not had a single failure or problem and the rifle shoots great.

Had I never hunted with the rifle I likely would be inclined to not give an opinion.

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2muchgun, Although I disagree with you I will give you credit for one thing and that is sticking to your guns and not running from the fight.

On the other hand I would much more like to be with JGRaider in west Texas hunting mule deer with a couple of beautiful and accurate Tikkas!

I hope you shot that buck or plan to. Tall good looking buck.

Last edited by southwind; 10/11/16.
I grew up hunting with Tikka made in my neighbor country, after I moved to the US I continue hunting with Tikka. I am sticking to the great Nordic caliber of 6.5x55 to boot. Here is my 140gr Accubonds loaded with Norma URP dialed in with my scope, and last group next to the quarter. Only accurate rifles are interesting

[Linked Image]

Norsk 6.5x55 enthusiast.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DELGUE
Speaking of Tikka experiences, I posit a question:

I wouldn't mind getting a Tikka in 6.5x55 or 260. I shoot lefty, and the only ones I see are the Hunter models with the wood stocks. I'd prefer a synthetic stock.

Will the Hunter model barreled actions fit in a regular T3 Lite or T3X Lite stock? And does Tikka or Beretta sell the T3X stocks separately?

Thanks for any help.

They do sell them, I think through Brownells. They're VERY proud of them. If I was to pay that much, I'd look at B&C, Manners, or McMillan.

You can generally pick up a used take off for $50-$100 in the classified.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1936M71, 160user, 22250rem, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,707
Posts18,475,350
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.