Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by blanket
should be a zinc washer at the back bearing surface, they wear out and everything else is dull

Did not realize there was a thrust bearing on the #32 grinders, but you are correct. Found a schematic with Google and then found plastic, zinc, and steel options.

Probably the exact right answer...
Yep, have an Enterprise #32 that is hooked up to a 30-1 gearbox that has ground tons of meat, literally. Blade to plate clearance gets to tall and meat wads up in the grinder

GB1

A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Update. Can't speak for all #32 grinders. Only mine. Never had a washer for it, and I bought it new around 20 years ago. When it is all together, the plates stick out at least an eighth inch beyond the grinder body, with the auger tight against the back of the grinder body. Can't tighten the nut enough to push the plates even with the grinder body.

After lapping the knife and plates, I ran a 4 pound roast through it. Grinder worked perfectly. I never would have thought that the plates would be part of the problem. Thanks for all of the advice. Not only did I learn something, but I saved a few bucks, too. I'm going to do a quick lapping of knife and plates at the beginning of each grinding season. Al

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Two folks sent me pictures of their grinders wondering where the bearing goes... looks like some got 'em, some don't.

Good to hear you got it running.

If you do not have practice lapping you need to remember the glass is wearing along with the plate so keep it moving and try to cover the whole surface of the glass as evenly as possible. Toss the glass regularly (after using both sides.)

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Also,move in a figure eight,not just back and forth.

You might look around and see if anyone in your local sharpens clipper blades like are used for horses and such.They usually have a surface grinder that works well on grinder blades too

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It would take longer to take the cutter to a sharpening service, forget about the return trip, than it would to just flatten it. It ain't rocket surgery...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
It would take longer to take the cutter to a sharpening service, forget about the return trip, than it would to just flatten it. It ain't rocket surgery...

I usually have several sets of clipper blades too. I am, but some guys are not to skillful at these kind of things.I was only throwing out some options

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My big commercial grinder came with a bunch of plates and three knives... When they are sharp the machine just churns through the burger meat... It takes less than 10 minutes to pull it apart and touch up the cutter and the plate...

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Humm , how's about some pics of this "shim " thing...with mine. ...I've did the blade swap , but COLD meat really does it ...imo

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1Longbow, 1936M71, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,363 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,057
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.