Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Congratulations on beating cancer, and for the great trip. I appreciate your story and pictures. I've got a couple of 60" racks on the walls but having moved to Idaho with the odds of not getting anymore, I can tell you I'd be thrilled with one just like you got that I can bring home and enjoy. The frosting sure enough was the wolf, good on you. Thanks for taking the time to share. Here's wishing good health to you.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Charles, that was a great read.

Congratulations, from the Kootenays up to Smithers, that is country I know well and love. Glad you were treated well and had fun up here.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well done and well told! Congratulations on a great moose and a fantastic wolf! They are not easy to get.

I will continue my prayers for your complete recovery and going back for a second moose and more wolves. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Charles, first off, congrats on beating your bout with cancer!

Secondly, congrats on the bull. And lastly, and my no means least, congrats on the wolf. You had an adventure of a life-time. Good for you.

I just got back from my Alberta moose hunt last week. Saw a bull chasing a cow around for 5 min at 450+ yds. Then she lead him into the bush--and that was that. We got skunked 0 for 4.

Paul

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear you got skunked. I am sure you had a good time though. Thanks for the kind comments it was a trip of a lifetime.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Congrats on the hunt,health and weight loss. Great write up and pics.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow man what an amazing experience; very glad you were able to reward and motivate yourself with this hunt. PMA makes all the difference in the world!

Thanks for sharing the pics and story. Very, very cool congrats!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Great story and adventure! Congrats on kicking the cancer. You sir are living proof that you should never give up. Enjoy that moose meat!

If it was easy, everybody would do it.
7mmMato Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just reread this post. All the well wishes and congrats made my eyes a little misty. Thanks for reading and Thanks for all the prayers. I suggest that everyone find a way to go on there dream hunt. It will cleanse the soul.

Someone posted this on here and I have taken it to heart.
"work fills your wallet adventure fills your soul"

No truer words spoken

My best to you all.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Congratulations on a successful hunt. Moose hunting is a hard slog a lot of the time. The moose you took down is in my opinion some of the best eating on the planet. It's young enough to be nice and tender. I'm salivating just thinking about it. Far better than a tough old bull with a huge trophy rack.

But most importantly, congratulations on your health. May you have a long and healthy life with many more adventures like this. I've never hunted the Smithers area, but I did tree plant up there about 25 years ago.

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Thanks for the great story and pics.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I love stories like this one!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great trip and hunt. Congratulations!

And congratulations on beating cancer!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 78 invisible), 2,689 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,477
Posts18,471,652
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.