Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,627 of 1,842 1 2 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Pam did buy the new truck. I'm really happy and excited for her. We've never purchased a new vehicle before. Yes it is the Ecoboost and it's the small one. Actually a 2.7, no that's not a typo. It's got a bunch more power than our 09 5.4 and on our two day test run its pulling really nice mileage. I really, really like it. Between the aluminum and the little engine it's considerably lighter than out 09. It's also got a selectable locking rear differential. Both of those things combined are going to make it much more capable in the off-road mud and snow (cabin stuff and ice fishing)

Joe and I are in one elevated enclosed deer stand, Tzone, jackhammer and miss K are in another not far from us. We are hoping for wind to die down.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congrats on the new wheels and good luck with the hunting, Dave.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"like Tzone after a glazed doughnut".That almost made me spew coffee all over the keyboard.

It's windy here and has been record breaking hot.I broke off deer hunting after Tuesday when the heat started in.
Tomorrow the front will be well in and temps much cooler.I am going to the farm we hunt in the AM hopefully to blood the new 45/70.

I hope you all have a great weekend at Chickenbuck and if it comes to a heavenly choice of me or Joe getting a deer,let it be him.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC
"like Tzone after a glazed doughnut".That almost made me spew coffee all over the keyboard.

It's windy here and has been record breaking hot.I broke off deer hunting after Tuesday when the heat started in.
Tomorrow the front will be well in and temps much cooler.I am going to the farm we hunt in the AM hopefully to blood the new 45/70.

I hope you all have a great weekend at Chickenbuck and if it comes to a heavenly choice of me or Joe getting a deer,let it be him.

Stan in SC
Yous guys best quit pickin' on my little buddy like that!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have made it out of the wilderness, Bridger-Teton. We rode so many miles each day that the horses only got used every third day. Before it got dark tonight I was looking at the Grand Tetons out the cabin window. I shot a nice 6x6 on the third day of hunting. Will be here at the ranch a couple of days while the elk is processed. The wife also shot one but another outfitter pushed it down the mountain and two days of tracking by our guide could not find him.

We saw a great bull moose the first day and a bunch of nice mule deer on day two and got into a big heard of elk on day three. Pictures to follow when I get home.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TJAY
I have made it out of the wilderness, Bridger-Teton. We rode so many miles each day that the horses only got used every third day. Before it got dark tonight I was looking at the Grand Tetons out the cabin window. I shot a nice 6x6 on the third day of hunting. Will be here at the ranch a couple of days while the elk is processed. The wife also shot one but another outfitter pushed it down the mountain and two days of tracking by our guide could not find him.

We saw a great bull moose the first day and a bunch of nice mule deer on day two and got into a big heard of elk on day three. Pictures to follow when I get home.

That's awesome TJay! If you wanna try that elk steak out, I'll slap one or four on the grill for ya on your way back home. smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by Stan_in_SC

Stan in SC

Same here Stan HOT ! With the moon the heat and the acorns falling deer sightings are low .

I hunt with a 7mm08 T/C Encore some its a great whitetail round .

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think you will like that engine and truck. I sure like mine, pulls 7500lb with no problem. Much better that the 5.4L I had before. I don't understand it, but it works for me. Best truck evet - so far (15k).

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Mule1,I recently bought a 7mm-08 CVA single shot. I am very impressed with both the rifle AND the caliber. No previous experience with the caliber.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If any of the Twin Cities area guys are interested in going shooting, I'm going to Oakdale Wednesday. If you're interested, let's match up for shooting, and maybe get some lunch. Time to check the deer rifles. If you're interested, I'll probably be getting out there 10-ish.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
I think you will like that engine and truck. I sure like mine, pulls 7500lb with no problem. Much better that the 5.4L I had before. I don't understand it, but it works for me. Best truck evet - so far (15k).

Well she sure likes it so far, we all do actually.

Whats not to like about the much lighter weight over the front axle? Seriously I'm so impressed and happy with the truck. We took the 09 back to the dealership yesterday after cleaning personal items out of it (traded it on the 16)

Pam and I lined up on the quiet county road out by our home and had ourselves a little drag race, 5.4 vs 2.7. She shamed me, just absolutely walked away from the 5.4, lol!

Well chickenbuck friends, we didn't fare very well on our efforts for a youth deer season. Zero deers were harmed.

But I believe the kids had a good time, the adults too.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Yep, that's what it's all about.

Mighta left out the drag race result.

whistle

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
If any of the Twin Cities area guys are interested in going shooting, I'm going to Oakdale Wednesday. If you're interested, let's match up for shooting, and maybe get some lunch. Time to check the deer rifles. If you're interested, I'll probably be getting out there 10-ish.

There was a shooting range of some sort near Bermidji we say on the way home yesterday evening. It had a big sign up that said "sight in" and there were cars lined up in the driveway. LOl. Dudes live in Bemidji...Go in the woods and shoot. Cracked me up. It will be a mile long next weekend.

Jackhammer looked at it and said "glad we're done with that!"

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Well chickenbuck friends, we didn't fare very well on our efforts for a youth deer season. Zero deers were harmed.

But I believe the kids had a good time, the adults too.

The adults have fun too.

Buschy...it was nice to see you out there!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Twas' good to visit chickenbuck again and see you all! hoping Regular season will do it again. road should be a bit stiffer by then hopefully too. not that it matters to a ford! Next time i'll bring more pop! take care ya'll!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
Twas' good to visit chickenbuck again and see you all! hoping Regular season will do it again. road should be a bit stiffer by then hopefully too. not that it matters to a ford! Next time i'll bring more pop! take care ya'll!

We'll have plenty of pop. You bring more Rum.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well being at chickenbuck this weekend started it... I'm hooked. I'm in. Full bore.

My mind in currently no longer on work and it's on deer season. I've sent the kid 3 texts today about stuff we need to bring to WI deer season.

This is by Mini's blind
[Linked Image]

There was a heavy frost when I left for work. It snowed a bit at chickenbuck.

I've grunted twice and made 3 scrapes since 9.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Counting down the days.

Soon now.

[Linked Image]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Wow!

I mean seriously wow.

You have a functional moultrie camera?

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Some swollen necks up there already Paul! I'm liking in!

I haven't checked trail cams for a few weekends. I'm excited to do it saturday morning.

Page 1,627 of 1,842 1 2 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,475
Posts18,471,521
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.