Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

David, not to mention the fact that the Seahwaks stole the 12th Man idea from my Aggies and TAMU! Aggies sued them and won the rights. TAMU has had the 12th Man Tradition longer than the Seahawks have been in existence. mad

The aggies didn't win anything in that suit. THEY asked to settle after it was shown that the aggies did not originate the 12th man term.

The 12th man is correctly attributed via countless google searches originally to the university of Minnesota who have used the term continually in booster literature and football programs since 1900. Seceral other teams used the term for years before the aggies started using the term in 1922.

Since it first appeared in print no less then 20 college amd pro teams have used the term 12th man. Hell Buffalo had challenge coins made with the term.

I get being passionate about your team but the aggies simply stole the term as well bud.

Feel free to take shots at OKOK, he's a turd

Last edited by MallardAddict; 10/23/16.
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
You really have a hard on for the Seahawks dont you? That simply was not a penalty as explained by the announcers incidental contact is legal. Also Arians is a dumbass to challenge a call he knows can't be challenged.

Not really! I did piss me off though, when they tried to claim the 12th man Tradition. Aggies take that Shiitt seriously.
Mainly, I just enjoy trying to get OKOK to make an ass out of his self.

Shehags need another man. wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Shehags need another man. wink

Careful boss, OKOK should be about done with his homework and gets 25 min of Internet time from his mom in Sundays.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Ha, That is true. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FishinHank
VikeQueens got beat by the Eagles! No undefeated teams left in the NFL.

And Dallas still leads the NFC East! For now. grin

Steelers, minus Big Ben are giving the Patriots a run for the money.
Pats lead 20 to 16 at the start of the 4th Qtr. I like to see any team kick Tom Brady's ass.

I might not like the Cowboys but amen to Brady getting his @ss kicked.

I might not like Putin but i agree as to Brady getting his ass kicked.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by byc
Thanks G! Decided to lay low from the haters, which are sure to return! eek

Are "haters" those of us who are boycotting the NFL until the owners get control of their players? Like Jerry Jones did? I can't say if I've seen if Jerry Jones' threat worked, but I'd bet there weren't any Dallas Cowboys, sitting, kneeling or squatting when the Star Spangled Banner was played as everyone turns toward America's flag. Wow! Am I hater?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The refs made up for their no call last week. They've called a couple against Seattle that shouldn't have been called. As for the blocked FG the rule is for player safety and doesn't include "incidental" contact. I prefer that players are allowed to play instead of the officials determining the outcome. There's a lot of hand fighting that happens on both sides of the ball and aside from blatant fouls I'd prefer the refs stay out of it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
This is much like the REDSKINS-Lions game today.

A defensive slug fest!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mallard Addict,
From Wickipedia
"The first recorded use of the term "twelfth man" was a magazine published by the University of Minnesota in September, 1900, that referred to "the mysterious influence of the twelfth man on the team, the rooter."[1] Later, in the November 1912 edition of The Iowa Alumnus, an alumni publication of the University of Iowa (then known as State University of Iowa), E.A. McGowan described the 1903 game between Iowa and the University of Illinois. In his article, titled "The Twelfth Player" McGowan wrote: "The eleven men had done their best; but the twelfth man on the team (the loyal spirited Iowa rooter) had won the game for old S.U.I."[2]"

So in 1900, a campus magazine mentioned the "Mysterious influence of twelfth man, the "rooter"

And then in 1912 an Iowa Campus magazine, mentioned a twelfth player in a article titled "the Twelfth Player"

No where in any College or NFL team before has had any 12th Man Tradition or ANY 12th Man Playerbeing a walk on player playing on the actual gridiron. Period.

So I guess your basing your theory that since one magazine writer in Minnesoda in 1900 mentioned the words in an obscure article, that the Aggies stole their Tradition?
Or since another obscure article in 1912 mentioned a "twelfth player" ? Maybe the Aggies stole it then.

I sincerely doubt that TAMU Coach Dana X Bible had either of those obscure magazine articles in mind in the middle of a 1922 Football game, as he had the legendary E King Gill suit up as all of his other players were going down with injuries.
No doubt i'm sure, according to you, that would have been the first thought on his mind, and according to your "proof" evidently that was Coach Bible's only thought, and immediate reaction.
And I'm sure Coach Jacky Sherrill had the same exact thought while having 12th Man tryouts for the Kickoff Team while reading the same obscure article from 1900 or 1912! Give me a friggin break.
What a fricken joke! Maybe I can send you a new pack of tin foil, for your new hat, for your mysterious TAMU conspirosy theory.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/23/16.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Originally Posted by byc
Thanks G! Decided to lay low from the haters, which are sure to return! eek

Are "haters" those of us who are boycotting the NFL until the owners get control of their players? Like Jerry Jones did? I can't say if I've seen if Jerry Jones' threat worked, but I'd bet there weren't any Dallas Cowboys, sitting, kneeling or squatting when the Star Spangled Banner was played as everyone turns toward America's flag. Wow! Am I hater?

No Sir! Haters are the ones who tell me I am unpatriotic by not joining in with those ones and their boycott of the the NFL when this idiot Kaepernick pulls his weekly BS stunts. If you are in that camp and down on me then that makes you as guilty as him.

If I want to watch NFL games I will. Regardless! I know where I stand and it's a very good place. Just like y'all.

Please just leave me OUT of your agenda and all will be fine.

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Ok. I just thought they were sorry.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
This is much like the REDSKINS-Lions game today.

A defensive slug fest!

Can't beleive the scores still 3 to zip. It's about time for Richard Sherman to have another sideline temper tantrum. Ole Pete said before the game that it "helped" the team.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Daom! Cardinals kickers are having a rough night. Seattle just blocked a punt.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/23/16.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tied at 3 all. Don't know if I can stand to watch more of this in Overtime.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Did you see Sherman on that Cards 3rd and 13 reception? He was looking around for someone to blame his F'up on!!

Buwaahaahahahahahahahahaha

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
Did you see Sherman on that Cards 3rd and 13 reception? He was looking around for someone to blame his F'up on!!

Buwaahaahahahahahahahahaha

Yep. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fellow cool

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mallard Addict,
From Wickipedia
"The first recorded use of the term "twelfth man" was a magazine published by the University of Minnesota in September, 1900, that referred to "the mysterious influence of the twelfth man on the team, the rooter."[1] Later, in the November 1912 edition of The Iowa Alumnus, an alumni publication of the University of Iowa (then known as State University of Iowa), E.A. McGowan described the 1903 game between Iowa and the University of Illinois. In his article, titled "The Twelfth Player" McGowan wrote: "The eleven men had done their best; but the twelfth man on the team (the loyal spirited Iowa rooter) had won the game for old S.U.I."[2]"

So in 1900, a campus magazine mentioned the "Mysterious influence of twelfth man, the "rooter"

And then in 1912 an Iowa Campus magazine, mentioned a twelfth player in a article titled "the Twelfth Player"

No where in any College or NFL team before has had any 12th Man Tradition or ANY 12th Man Playerbeing a walk on player playing on the actual gridiron. Period.

So I guess your basing your theory that since one magazine writer in Minnesoda in 1900 mentioned the words in an obscure article, that the Aggies stole their Tradition?
Or since another obscure article in 1912 mentioned a "twelfth player" ? Maybe the Aggies stole it then.

I sincerely doubt that TAMU Coach Dana X Bible had either of those obscure magazine articles in mind in the middle of a 1922 Football game, as he had the legendary E King Gill suit up as all of his other players were going down with injuries.
No doubt i'm sure, according to you, that would have been the first thought on his mind, and according to your "proof" evidently that was Coach Bible's only thought, and immediate reaction.
And I'm sure Coach Jacky Sherrill had the same exact thought while having 12th Man tryouts for the Kickoff Team while reading the same obscure article from 1900 or 1912! Give me a friggin break.
What a fricken joke! Maybe I can send you a new pack of tin foil, for your new hat, for your mysterious TAMU conspirosy theory.

Are you serious right now? History proves A&M didn't originate the term. You simply proved my point for me with that post.

Your precious coach uses a term 22 years later and somehow you believe that the Seahawks stole it from your team?

Give me the break.

Also had you read the full article you would see that MANY teams have done so yet A&M only points the fingers at Seattle. Hmmm okay then....

Also here is a cut and paste from your article of teams using the term:

The term has been used by various American football teams including the University of Minnesota, the University of Iowa, Baylor University, Dartmouth College, Simmons College, Texas A&M and the NFL's Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers, Buffalo Bills, Denver Broncos, Washington Redskins, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins,[11] and Chicago Bears in marketing practices in reference to their supporters.

So again how did Seattle anything?

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SKane
VikeQueens got beat by the Eagles! No undefeated teams left in the NFL.

I caught a little bit of that one. The Vikes are lucky Bradford is still in one piece.
They've certainly had their share of injuries on the offensive line.

Several injuries but that performance was pathetic. The offense as a whole sucked bad and Norv Turner needs a boot in his ass for his dumb play calling....AGAIN!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I sense TO or implosion by SEA!!!

It's coming! Definitely, going to OT!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dynasty in OT.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,395
Posts18,469,994
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.