-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I filed a claim a month ago and still have not received word back.I checked online and it still shows it as being received.I bought a new lot of 1000 two months ago and they seem to seat much tighter than the older primers that I've had issues with.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Well, I sent Sharon an email just after lunch and she called me around 5:00 today. I have 3900 primers in 4 different lots and since they are close in number to the offending lots ( I have not had any problems with these), Sharon said they would just send me a case of 5000 in return for mine.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Do I understand correctly that she will send replacement ammo if you have loaded ammo with the offending primers? Of do you have to unload the rounds and send in just the primers?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's a 'lot' of lot numbers posted. I'm dreaming I suppose, "Has Winchester produced a complete list of lot numbers with these issues?"

I have quite a few WLR primers on the shelf.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Id say ask Sharon Bugger. They aren't worth a pitted bolt face. Too many other good primers out there to chance it. Seems more and more lot numbers are cropping up. Might just be they all are capable of a rupture.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I just called Sharon with the lot numbers of my primers. I have 3k that are recalled. She is sending me packaging to return them and will send me a check when they receive them.

Great service from Sharon!

Lots are:
Small Rifle-WSR: YFL316G
Large Rifle-WLR: DHL759G
Large Rifle Magnum WLRM: DCL211G

Bruce L

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Update-

Winchester sent me a box for returning the primers. I unloaded my reloads and sent in all the WLR primers.

Sharon called Friday and asked me to send her an estimate, on the company letterhead, for repairing the bolt. I asked if they were buying or replacing the primers and was told they were buying. I returned about 1350 and she said that was not enough to replace. She also said they were paying for the repairing of the bolt.

So, according to Sharon, I should be getting a check for the primers and one for repairing the bolt.

I hate that it happened, but since they are taking care of the damages, I have no complaints.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tried to get my bolt repaired locally, no one would touch it. Just got it back from Gre-Tan. Talk about an outstanding job. I cant even tell where he put the new bushing in.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sharon retired yesterday, so waiting to see how quickly my claims are processed to get rifles fixed?

I think the ball is rolling on new ammo being sent (although it won't be nearly the quality of bullets, cost spent, or even the correct calibers, they told me 7mm-08 or 308 win. whichever they had in stock.

The primers I hope will be purchased but believe they may replace that.

Still contacting firearm manufactures to get quotes, Ruger's policy is not to give an estimate until they have the rifle? Thanks Ruger for the stellar customer service....not! I'm not even sure they will send a letterhead stating this policy to Winchester......To Be Continued!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I filed a claim online 9-27-16,still waiting......Still have not been contacted by phone or email.....Sent two emails to customer support.........Still waiting........I guess I need to call......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I asked Sharon who I would talk with once she retires? She was unsure if a replacement for her was available. She said to contact the CS number and use the reference # for assistance. I'm waiting as well.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had nearly a month wait between my first call and when I got the shipping material day before Thanksgiving. Had to call twice. The gal who sent me the stuff and followed up from where I was with Sharon is Linda Bates, 618-258-3530. At any rate, the primers are supposed to be picked up next Wednesday. I opted for replacement primers.

Steve

Theodore Roosevelt: "Do what you can where you are with what you have"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the information. I'm calling them this week again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I called them last week and they were less than helpful. My expectations are fairly low. Will be switching over to CCI primers pretty fast.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's disappointing to say the least!

O
Otter6 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by 30338
I called them last week and they were less than helpful. My expectations are fairly low. Will be switching over to CCI primers pretty fast.

I already did. No more Winchester for me. Too bad. Did some of my best shooting with them.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well finally.Today I went to their facebook page,sent a message explaining the situation and in about an hour I received a phone call from Beth.She is sending a shipping box for the return of the 10K primers.She said she would send me a check for their replacement.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got a check in the mail today, paid for the repair to my bolt and a refund for the remaining WLR primers.

Still havent gotten the return box for the primers, but she said it could take a few weeks.

That was a lot less painful than I thought it would be. Too bad Sharon is gone, I hope her replacement does as good a job as she did.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I called a couple days ago and still waiting for a response? Spoke to a guy who said he would "forward" my inquiry? No call back yet. I will call on Monday again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another Update...

Its taken a little over a month, but yesterday I received a check to cover the cost of repairing the bolt (Gre-Tan will do the repair) and for the primers I returned.

I'll call Greg and see if he wants the bolt now or wait until after the holidays.

Like I said before... I hate it happened, but they treated me right, so I got no complaints.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,337 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,402
Posts18,470,144
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.