Campfire Outfitter
B
My bugout bag is a still, has worked for ever

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blanket

Good, you now have one good, if slow method of making water safe to drink.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Vagisil.

LOL
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Who needs safe water

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who needs safe water

That question answers itself in less than a week......(it also gives you fuel, fire, and trade goods that will not be used to kill you in your sleep)lol

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I need one of those. It's nice to be able to trade for what you may need.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by 4ager
If SHTF, noise is one of my least concerns.

All depends on what you think "SHTF" is going to look like. I always think more along the lines of financial collapse, rather than the complete collapse of society.

How the Hell do you assume one without the other?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by k20350

In that situation there will be no bartering guns or ammo. I'm not giving anyone the means to come back and kill me with it.Doesnt matter if its your best friend if his kids are starving to death he will kill for food just as you would.

Guy in this article basically says u will not survive alone. U need a group period or u will get killed and your stuff taken.

Not really interested in Prepper arguments, but I see a contradiction there. YMMV.

I read that article linked on here a few years back. Very interesting.

In the end, Spam and a Slingshot and I am probably GTG.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I'm ready to "send it" downrange!

[Linked Image]

laugh

That sums it up. He honestly believes he on the side of survival of the fittest Funny.

Last edited by LostHighway; 10/26/16.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I'm just gonna sit on my hill and watch you silly city folk eat each others pets.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Knowledge and the willingness to do what it takes to survive.

Go watch an old Mad Max flic to understand.

Preppers are only going to be useful for those who want what they have.

That might sound rough but don't be naive.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is East Texas. We are only one generation from having nothing. Guns, while valuable, are the least of a survivors concerns.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sure, a person should have a few guns about, but very few people living in an actual "big" city will be alive by the time they hit the outskirts.

Our fathers and grandfathers new how to survive without all our modern "necessities".

They homesteaded up here in 1914, got electricity in 1954.

Get you a rainwater collector and a rabbit hutch.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by stxhunter
don't forget toilette paper...
I shall wipe my ass with the shirts of mine thine enemies.

That almost sounds like scripture..
No scripture, but truth, nonetheless. Here's some more. I will not rest (as in restroom) until they're vanquished and their weapons collected.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
This is East Texas. We are only one generation from having nothing. Guns, while valuable, are the least of a survivors concerns.
Bigfoot illustrates nearly daily on FB that y'all have lots to eat just layin' around down there. A person with a bassboat and a 30-30 really has little to worry about.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
A Ruger Vaquero or New Vaquero has me lost on this.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 4ager
If SHTF, noise is one of my least concerns.

But in the overall scheme of things it really should be somewhat up the list... sure not shooting humans, but staying quiet while harvesting food is never a bad thing... in fact never drawing attention to ones self, regardless, isn't a bad thing at all.

Its fairly high up my list. In regards to guns and use of guns.

Getting guns and ammo to just kill other folks, regardless of noise, thats never going to be an issue, there will be winners and loosers, spoils will be around for the winners.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
My Grandpa, up here in southeast Kansas, had electricity put in in the 50's but never had running water. You had hot and cold running paths to the outhouse and sometimes the hand pump beside the kitchen sink worked to pump water up from the cistern. Otherwise it was lug it in from the well about seventy yards distant or catch rainwater off the eaves. No a/c and one Warm Morning stove to heat the whole house.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by White_Bear
Knowledge and the willingness to do what it takes to survive.

Go watch an old Mad Max flic to understand.

Preppers are only going to be useful for those who want what they have.

That might sound rough but don't be naive.

That's not rough, that's naive. You will not be stopping by your local prepper for your groceries, a pack of smokes.
His guns, traps, and bobbie traps are his means to hang on to what he has gathered, and without the rule of law, he will use you for fertilizer, or pig feed.
He has had years to prepare for your pilfering.
Even FEMA has asked preppers to list what they have (just in case) and that has been met with silence.
You seem to think HE will be the soft target.....think again. It is the Rule of Law, and the presence of society that protects YOU from HIM. (Not the other way around).
He has even planned his defenses on your likely choice of arms, and his resupply from your bodies.
I would suggest you start a garden, fruit trees, and rabbits and or chickens if your area allows for them. Otherwise, you'll be mighty hungry right before you die in the first defense you miss.
Hell, i know more than one, with ready-made caltrops, and componants for traps that would be illegal if assembled. (That is because they can be lethal and passive)

You are not dealing with simple amateurs. The older term was survivalist, and he has taken steps to insure that survival.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by stxhunter
don't forget toilette paper...
I shall wipe my ass with the bloodstained shirts of mine enemies.

Oh, relax,....get ScottF to send you some of their good Mullein seed, and plant it out by your crapper,....no worries!

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 66 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,197
Posts18,524,088
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.