Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Damn. Guess its back to the search for me. How old are they?

GB1

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Two or possibly 3 years. Got them on sale at scheels in sandy Utah. They were 50 bucks each.

I would buy the millennium ground blind seats if I had it to do over those are the best made.

Sadly, I've written redneck 4 times about these seats without a single reply!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We sat in the blind last night. My arrangement is set up this time of year for rabbits in the orchard. We have a motion sensing Green light that comes on when anything moves under it. Most game cannot see the green light and ignores it.

There were the typical string of deer walking through and eating the grass, willow leaves and the whole corn. We saw a dozen rabbits and took out 4 of them, and one big fat Possum. Just using an Air rifle to keep things quiet. Trying to take out as many as possible.

During this 3 hour sit I really paid attention to the sounds from the redneck seats. One of them definitely is just plain noisy, the swivel makes a clunking sound to get it moving from still and then is silent once rotating. Just the initial turn makes the clunking. Like it's stuck a bit wherever it stops.

However it also creaks horrible when you lean to the right or left to see out of side window. That's really horrible. The other seat does not have the breakaway clunking sound and swivels flawlessly It does have the same creaking sound when leaning but only about half as loud. My guess is that it will get worse as time goes on. The seat base is 5/16" plywood, with foam pad and then a nice thick pack cloth cover. I'm thinking the wood flexing is the weak link here. Either I need to replace with 3/4" or some other type of base? I'm just 175 lbs. It's not like I'm a giant of a guy really pushing the limits here.

As bow hunters we don't get cut any slack on this when at 20 yards. This type of sound is a deal breaker much of the time. Especially with a slowly moving nervous about everything Whitetail deer.

My suggestion is to steer clear of the redneck seats!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by JJHACK

As bow hunters we don't get cut any slack on this when at 20 yards. This type of sound is a deal breaker much of the time. Especially with a slowly moving nervous about everything Whitetail deer.

Amen to that. I already got one and am happy with it. Maybe that will change as they age.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
At one time, Double Bull blinds had a lifetime warranty. Not sure if this is still the case, but it's worth checking. Pretty sure this was the case after Primos bought them.....

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Had 40MPH+ gust this week, snapped a pole in my Plus size Rhino. Had a replacement pole sent within the hour. My smaller Rhino didnt seem to take any major damage.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 16penny, 70 invisible), 3,303 guests, and 1,341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,484
Posts18,471,837
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.