Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
L
las Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I know they were passed a while back, but I just got my copy of Caribou Trails the mail and saw them there.

Resident hunting went from 25 to 45 bucks

NR caribou tag doubled to 650

Doesn't affect me (permanent geezer license).. Just thought someone out there might need a bit of sticker shock to jar them out of the political thousand yard stare.

I guess other tag fees likely went up too but they were not covered in the flyer.

Last edited by las; 10/27/16.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hunting/trapping/fishing went up to $95

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I love my lifetime geezer license!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
From what I heard everything doubled NR wise... means we will have to take a different tac this coming fall, but thats ok too.

Its never easy to handle a double in a fee, when they should have been creeping up all the time.. but its life. 4 years hopefully till residency and it'll get a bit easier. LOL.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Well the increases were overdue. Its been 20 years since anything changed up there.
As long as F&G gets the money for management and research - its well worth it.
Yes the NR's get hit hard but that was destined to occur. In the lower 48, the NR's pay the freight too. You have to set goals and stick with them. No one is getting younger and nothing is getting any cheaper. I am glad I got up there as much as I did and look forward to a few more.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Somewhere I've heard you can buy your hunting license at this year's price if bought before 1/1. Your NR game tag would be purchased when you get in AK and that would be the 2017 price.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I doubt that because you have to wait until the new licenses are printed and they will reflect the new prices... but I might be wrong, especially if you factor in the internet access...

There just might be a workable angle...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I heard on the radio that you can purchase 2017 licenses at 2016 prices online until Jan 1st, when the hikes go into place.

I'll buy mine when I put in for the draw. Surprised they haven't jacked those prices up too.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
btw, the $300 for a Sitka Blacktail tag is crazy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keep in mind that sbts are so rare in most of the state as to make them threatened/endangered, so consider yourself lucky. 😜

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Calvin
btw, the $300 for a Sitka Blacktail tag is crazy.

Perspective for you. NR deer prices in the Lesser 48

Arizona $315
Colorado $376
Nevada $240
Utah $268

This does not include application & license fees which can be substantial.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I know the prices. I like our Sitkas, but I'd not put them on par with a western mule deer. Especially when you consider the cost/logistics to come hunt them.

$300 for an OTC Sitka, which residents are handed 4-6 tags for nothing, is crazy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I know the prices. I like our Sitkas, but I'd not put them on par with a western mule deer. Especially when you consider the cost/logistics to come hunt them.

$300 for an OTC Sitka, which residents are handed 4-6 tags for nothing, is crazy.

Okay, you win. I got a special itch for muleys.

[Linked Image]

Utah and/or Colorado for me in 2017. Have significant points built in both states.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I would not have an issue with the state charging for resident harvest tags...

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
IMO, they missed the boat with an across the board doubling. I can see sheep, bb, moose, and goat but the secondary species will suffer a decline in sales which will offset some of the gains made. A more modest raise in prices of the secondary species would have kept tags sales the same and preserved the gains made with the more glamorous species.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of NR folks want to hunt SBTs.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm sure that after the year Kodiak is having they will. (grin)

Time will tell, but I'm not optimistic that doubling the tag fees across the board will have the effect they wanted it too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't see tag fees as being a deterrent to non res hunters. Between air fair and incidentals they've already spent a minimum of a couple grand to get get up here and get a license, I don't see an additional $150 for a SBT tag as being a deciding factor whether or not they come up. Now if most hunters were getting multiple tags and now they only get one tag, I see your point, but time will tell.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A fair number of guys would pick up a SB, blackbear, or wolf tag when chasing other species, and those tags would go unfilled. Basically free money for the state. I guess we just wait and a see if they are willing to pay $450 for a black bear tag in case one wanders into camp. I'm never a fan of big knee jerk raises in prices.

My family members and buddies down south who would come up and hunt deer are pretty shocked at the new price and have mentioned they'll probably cut down on the amount they come up. That not only cuts down an tag/license revenue, but cuts the amount of dollars they would bring with them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A fair number of guys would pick up a SB, blackbear, or wolf tag when chasing other species, and those tags would go unfilled. Basically free money for the state. I guess we just wait and a see if they are willing to pay $450 for a black bear tag in case one wanders into camp. I'm never a fan of big knee jerk raises in prices.

My family members and buddies down south who would come up and hunt deer are pretty shocked at the new price and have mentioned they'll probably cut down on the amount they come up. That not only cuts down an tag/license revenue, but cuts the amount of dollars they would bring with them.

It also reduces hunting pressure...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 308ld, Anaconda, 35, 12 invisible), 1,689 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,744
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.