Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
No need to dial a 270 win just shoot....

GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by SamOlson
When the crosshair holders are required to comfortably fit inside a snug fitting scabbard, certain scopes make more sense than others.

Or if you require long range precision something other a 6x36 with frikken dots might be a good idea.

I guess 270 shooters just aren't that tactical.

Or it seems if you require the scope to stay zeroed.....

Has nothing to do with "tactical" or not. Nor, "tactical sniper style hunting", and everything to do with optics that work. At one point nearly every rifle I owned had Leupold 6x scopes. It wasn't until the 4th or 5th died, that I finally admitted that yes, they too have issues.

Like it or not, you take jabs at those who recommend scopes that actually work, and then your recommendation broke.... In the exact way that has been stated that they go.

NO ONE would love for Leupold to get their act together more than I, but facts is facts, and the fact is the aiming system is the single most likely failure point on the rifle. I can get a scabbard that'll fit a scope with low profile turrets and a 32mm objective. Can you hit with a scope when it stops working?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Formid, I've had many Leupolds die on me. Some of these stupid fu ckers (like SLM) DON'T shoot as much as we do. I guarantee it... wink . I bought a rifle from him a while back and asked how accurate it was and he didn't have a clue. Said he only shot rocks with it... I guess if you are shooting at rocks and barn doors, a leupold is good enough.. laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Some of these stupid fu ckers (like SLM) DON'T shoot as much as we do.

Hell, I bet "we" don't even shoot as much as we do.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Don't know about 'optimum' but I recently took an old 6x Leupold down to my brothers place and mounted it on his Brno ZG47 in .270, he seems happy with it.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

... start caring more about how their scopes work, rather than stare at glass,...

I think some stare because they like seeing their own reflection in the lense,
and saves having to carry a vanity mirror around.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dunno what you're all feeding your scopes that keeps killing them...

I won't be asking you blokes to look after my dog when I go on holidays!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Originally Posted by SamOlson
When the crosshair holders are required to comfortably fit inside a snug fitting scabbard, certain scopes make more sense than others.

Or if you require long range precision something other a 6x36 with frikken dots might be a good idea.

I guess 270 shooters just aren't that tactical.

Or it seems if you require the scope to stay zeroed.....

Has nothing to do with "tactical" or not. Nor, "tactical sniper style hunting", and everything to do with optics that work. At one point nearly every rifle I owned had Leupold 6x scopes. It wasn't until the 4th or 5th died, that I finally admitted that yes, they too have issues.

Like it or not, you take jabs at those who recommend scopes that actually work, and then your recommendation broke.... In the exact way that has been stated that they go.

NO ONE would love for Leupold to get their act together more than I, but facts is facts, and the fact is the aiming system is the single most likely failure point on the rifle. I can get a scabbard that'll fit a scope with low profile turrets and a 32mm objective. Can you hit with a scope when it stops working?

I used to be one of the biggest fixed 6 Leupold cheer leaders on this site. The last two I killed, one died around 1000 rounds and the second around 250. Made a post to that effect and had people coming out of the woodwork fussing and complaining. The funniest was Burns insisting there was nothing wrong with the scope - I just didn't know how to use it. Wanted me to ship it to him to evaluate.

I wish the Leupolds lasted like the SWFA SS's. I would love to have a FX-3 6x42 w/ M1 on my Kimber. Since I swapped everything over to SWFA I haven't had a single problem....

David

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Formid, I've had many Leupolds die on me. Some of these stupid fu ckers (like SLM) DON'T shoot as much as we do. I guarantee it... wink . I bought a rifle from him a while back and asked how accurate it was and he didn't have a clue. Said he only shot rocks with it... I guess if you are shooting at rocks and barn doors, a leupold is good enough.. laugh

Dam, you can't even get that right. You didn't even have to ask.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...1/Win._Featherweight_308_FS.#Post4799961

Still having to ask permission on all your purchases?

D
DELGUE Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bobnob17
Dunno what you're all feeding your scopes that keeps killing them...

I won't be asking you blokes to look after my dog when I go on holidays!

Now that right there is funny!!! grin

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leupold 3-9x40 ... I had one leupold fail on me and this leupold was one where sn did not have a letter in the sn, all numbers which from my understanding leupold started putting letters in the sn starting 1971-72 I think..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM

Dam, you can't even get that right. You didn't even have to ask.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...1/Win._Featherweight_308_FS.#Post4799961

Still having to ask permission on all your purchases?

Uh oh someone was caught doing a Hillary Clinton...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
4X

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had many scopes over the years but never owned one over $500.
The best scope I have owned , without question, is the Leupold VARI-x lll 4.5-14x40mm with a fine duplex redicle over a Browning X Medallion 270 WSM.

Last edited by tack; 10/29/16.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,642
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.