No.

Tikka:
Much better machining
Slicker operating
Dovetailed top for rings
Inline feeding with a magazine
Sako barrels
Superb hunting triggers

The only thing I would upgrade to, is a McMillan Sako Hunter, in EDGE. The Sako Hunter stocks fits me pretty well..or a Hightech stock, if you prefer "straight stocks".

this

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Picked up a T3x stainless today , Field and Stream had a sale going and knocking 100 bucks off the regular price . Its in the boring 30-06 and compared to other T3's i have owned in the past it is better IMHO.

The stock feels great and is grippy, there is less flex and I mean less flex in the foreend then there is in my B&C Sako A7 roughtech stock. It's a keeper, I am going to get a aluminum trigger guard for it and buy another magazine and call it good. I might put it in an Edge but this thing is quite light as is. I think they fixed the things that I always replaced namely the shroud and recoil lug.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Congrats on an exciting new gun,
Did Tikka make improvements in the T3x recoil pad over the older T3 pad?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by StrayDog

Supposedly they have made improvements in the recoil pad over the T3. Instead of the somewhat hard rubber, the T3x is a bit softer. I put a Limbsaver($26) on my new T3 SS in 30-06 as recoil is a bit more stout than my other 06s.

Good to hear that the stock has improved too along with the other refinements like the steel lug, opened ejection port and aluminum bolt shroud.

I went T3 as I plan to replace the stock at some point so $542 shipped wasn't too bad a price on the old model(JRTB320). The scope is a Conquest 3-9x40 in DNZ low mount.

SD

T3 SS Lite 30-06

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hell no. I actually like the older model better than the SL. $542 is ridiculous.

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
mlg,

Tikka and Sako barrels are all made in the same room, on the same machinery in the same factory in Riihimaki, Finland. They're all made the same way, including lapping the bores of heavy-contour barrels to make them smoother AND extremely consistent in diameter. There is no difference in the barrels put on Tikka and Sako rifles. If that's what you mean by "the barrels come out of the same box on the assembly line," then you're right. However, I didn't see any in boxes. Instead they were on racks, and moved around mostly by automated machinery.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
SD65,

The T3x recoil pads I've seen and felt were considerably softer than the T3 pads. Dunno if they're as soft as Limbsavers but definitely in the same class as Decelerators.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by StrayDog

Pad appears to be softer about decelerator soft, no need for a replacement IMHO. Trigger was a breeze to adjust as always and I set mine to 2.5 lbs. 40inch lbs on the action screws to retighten. I do not see a benefit to the loading port because it is not exactly easy to load stuff in my A7 which has a larger port. Overall very very pleased with the quality.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by elelbean
Also, any reasons why?

I would. If the Remington shoots, then you've got a great rifle there with endless ability to customize it (stocks, triggers, scope mounts, etc)... if it doesn't shoot then it's a great platform for a rebarrel.

The Tikka just sorta is what it is.

That said, if I had to bet the farm on which one shot better out of the box, Tikka all the way.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Average Joe could buy a Tikka, mounts, scope, box of ammo, zero the damn thing and have enough left for several years of hunting.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 16bore
Average Joe could buy a Tikka, mounts, scope, box of ammo, zero the damn thing and have enough left for several years of hunting.

I am going to buy another one in 243 after hunting season.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know that I could pass on the $542 T3 30-06 myself...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Like this one? I put it together today.

Superlite 7mm-08, Leupold VX2 4-12 CDS, familiar Talleys.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We'll see how she shoots.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
A guy at Beretta told me Tikka does not use Sako barrels. Owned by Sako, but different components altogether.

Was he mistaken?
P

Unless I'm mistaken Mule Deer wrote recently that Sako makes the barrels for the Tikka.

Jerry

I remember the same thing Jerry. In fact I believe Mule Deer said he learned that while touring the Sako factory where Tikkas are built?

Trystan

YEP !

Pharmseller- I'm repeating this plus M D's post IN CASE you missed them.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
mlg,

Tikka and Sako barrels are all made in the same room, on the same machinery in the same factory in Riihimaki, Finland. They're all made the same way, including lapping the bores of heavy-contour barrels to make them smoother AND extremely consistent in diameter. There is no difference in the barrels put on Tikka and Sako rifles. If that's what you mean by "the barrels come out of the same box on the assembly line," then you're right. However, I didn't see any in boxes. Instead they were on racks, and moved around mostly by automated machinery.

There ya go straight from the horse's ....um. Mouth grin
Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't know that I could pass on the $542 T3 30-06 myself...

My LGS has a few left at $469 plus tax...I bought the last 270 they had because I'm gay like that.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Tikka all the way. Sold all the Remingtons. Also I don't care for Remington as a company.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
mlg,

Good enough for me.

I just finished putting together my most recent T3, this one is a Superlite in 7mm-08.

[Linked Image]

She has a range day in the near future.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I would take pretty much any rifle over the Remington. Why? Don't get me wrong, the 700 is a well respected; often copied; hard working tool. The help desk / customer support at Remington is insulting and a whole other kind of tool. I would just rather not send any money their way. That has been my experience anyway, YMMV

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
M
mlg Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
mlg,

Mule Deer,

Sorry, I probably didn't put that well. That's exactly what I meant. Same barrels for both....the article I read, I had a vague memory of barrels in a box - but you have been there......

Cheers

mlg

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (10gaugemag, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1936M71, 67 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,383
Posts18,469,596
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.