Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I am finally ready to upgrade my bow of 1998 vintage. I have come across a Hoyt Nitrum turbo that is set up for a short (25") DL.
Anyone have any feedback on such bow ?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The turbos are stiff drawing with very short valleys. Shoot it before you buy it if at all possible.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I was thinking of getting the Hoyt Ignite.
If I didn't like it, would fit my daughter.
IBO is 300.

My top of the line Hoyt Protec from 2005 IBO'd at 307.

Been trying to find another safari finish 2005/2006 hoyt of shorter ATA.

No luck. Figure I'll drive to the hoyt dealer and check out the Ignite.

Yup, not top of the line. Big whoop. If it feels good on the draw cycle, proly snag one. Yeah, I like top of the line gear, used to buy a couple every other yr.

Fun but burned a lot of money.

Compared to my recurve, anything at 300 IBO rating is a rocket launcher. And my recurves kill deer just fine (just getting harder on the body).

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
There are more pleasant setups out there to shoot...I harvested a really nice Bull with mine last year but it wreaked my shoulder. Replaced it with something with a bit more pleasurable back-wall and valley. As Centershot said above...shoot it before you settle for it.

Honorary Gouger per Travis
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I went with an Obsession Delta 6. In order to get arrow speed in a short draw bow, you have to give somewhere. It seems draw profile is the place. The Obsession has a very steep profile but it isn't intolerable, it is just vey different than what I have been used to for the last 20 years. It sure is much quieter and faster than my relic.

IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Good Choice...my change was to an Obsession Def-Con 7. Much easier on the shoulder and can hold for days!

Honorary Gouger per Travis
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by centershot
The turbos are stiff drawing with very short valleys. Shoot it before you buy it if at all possible.

That is a good plan if you have a 28' DL but finding bows on the shelf with a 25' DL.... not so easy and yes I know they make one size fits all but not what I wanted until................ I found a bowtech Prodigy yesterday. Guess I will wait a year or two for the price to come down. I refuse to pay $800-1000 for a bare bow. Just like buying a new car.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd stay as far away from Bowtech as I could. They have serious limb issues. True they have the most tuneable cam system out there. But it's of no use if the limbs won't stay together

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And that's not bashing. It's fact. I shot their bows for a long time. Fav is still the invasion CPX. But their recent offerings have had issues. Have seen a bunch with delaminated limbs still in their shipping boxes. They have supposedly revamped their limb building process for 2017. And I hope it works out. They are a good company and have been around a long time.

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
I'd stay as far away from Bowtech as I could. They have serious limb issues. True they have the most tuneable cam system out there. But it's of no use if the limbs won't stay together

Thanks for the info. I wished I was closer to you.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bear and PSE offer bows in your draw length. Hoyt does as well. Just not a fan of their turbo models. Bear and PSE adjust via rotating modules. Hoyt by changing cams and modules.

Custom Strings/Tuning

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

685 members (160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 76 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,757
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.