Hop To
#11563429 11/08/16
A
agazain Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Posted about ear channel plugging due to severe ragweed allergy season.
Today, on the way to review meds with pulmonologist I have severe dizziness and had to get a cane for balance. Related? Is this vertigo?
Mountain cedar season is months away and I want(ed) to get options for when the pollen hits southern Texas.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great movie. I love Alfred Hitchcock movies and especially Jimmy Stewart.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, vertigo. Most likely excess fluids in inner ear. Welcome to my everyday world. It should go away when the allergies clear up. If not go to an ENT.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by agazain
Posted about ear channel plugging due to severe ragweed allergy season.
Today, on the way to review meds with pulmonologist I have severe dizziness and had to get a cane for balance. Related? Is this vertigo?
Mountain cedar season is months away and I want(ed) to get options for when the pollen hits southern Texas.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Sounds like vertigo to me, especially if you are already having ear canal problems. I had a bout with vertigo a few years back, and the doc finally decided it was an inner ear infection. Vertigo is nasty stuff.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a bout with it every few years, last week was the worst ever. Got some stuff at the drug store called BONINE and the last two days have been OK.

IC B2

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

When I was younger, I did a lot of climbing. I saw lots of vertigo that had nothing to do with medical conditions, fluids here or there, allergies, middle ear problems, etc. The vertigo that I saw was entirely psychological. It's caused by the lack of enclosure or in other words, exposure. To a climber that means that there is no horizontal frame of reference. It happens when traversing a ridge where the vertical walls drop off on both sides. The horizon that you normally experience is gone and you don't have that horizontal line to help you maintain your balance. It can be very unsettling of you're not aware that it's going to happen.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

A
agazain Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Gonna drop the (minimal dose) beta-blocker and see if it clears up. He said ears would have to be severely plugged first, to affect the inner ear and cause vertigo. Thanks for all the input, and blessings on the true vertigo sufferers!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think there is a remedy via head positioning that is supposed to work. Do a search on youtube. I have had it 2x in my life and don't wish to have it again. It only lasted a few hours but kicked my ass.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I think there is a remedy via head positioning that is supposed to work. Do a search on youtube. I have had it 2x in my life and don't wish to have it again. It only lasted a few hours but kicked my ass.

That works when crystals for in the inner ear but what he said was blockage and pressure in the inner ear.

Again, I live with vertigo every day and it cannot be cured without removing the inner ears and that may or may not stop it. I don’t even wish this on Hillary.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott, I am sorry that you have to deal with that. I can't imagine facing vertigo every day.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks, it is a bitch but I still manage to have fun every day and laugh about the problem. Off the the ENTs tomorrow and hope they give me new tubes in my ears, to ones that last for years not months.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I had a wicked case of Vertigo last week. I used Bonine, the sea band pressure point bracelets on my wrists and had my wife do the maneuvers for crystal manipulation too. I've never felt that nauseated or had the dry heaves so bad in my life (including after an entire bottle of tequila). Vertigo is no joke although I can't concur with the previous poster who wouldn't wish it on Hillary. Simultaneous vertigo, shingles and a case of burning diarrhea seems like a good start for what she deserves.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I know this sounds crazy I get it when I take Melatonin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The wife suffered from BPV (Benign Positional vertigo) for a while. We put her on calcium, vitamin D and magnesium, and it hasn't happened in over six months, which is a record.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (222ND, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,481
Posts18,529,667
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.