Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
The FFL needs to be willing to ship to an FFL in California. Apart from that, just want a reputable place to purchase one of these.

BTW, what high quality scope and mounts would you mount on this rimfire? Looking to do silhouette targets to 100 yards and small game rabbits, ground squirrels.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Have you checked Whittaker Guns, the last time I looked they had a lot of 452's and at a very good price.

Buy two scopes - one for silhouette and one for hunting.
I have used 6.5-20x40 with target knobs for decades on my silhouette rifles and it is by far the scope you will see on most silhouette rifles. Then for a second scope you can get by with practically any 3-9. Burris, Sightron can both be found reasonable priced or perhaps a 4 or 6 power Weaver if you want a fixed power.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My 452 American lefty went like this:

1. Whitaker's Guns ($389)
2. SWFA SS 12x42 (they were out of 10x's)
3. DIP 25MOA mount
4. 30mm Leupold medium PRW rings

Very happy with this setup.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
The FFL needs to be willing to ship to an FFL in California. Apart from that, just want a reputable place to purchase one of these.

BTW, what high quality scope and mounts would you mount on this rimfire? Looking to do silhouette targets to 100 yards and small game rabbits, ground squirrels.

If you have a local gun shop that will treat you right, then you can simply ask him to order you one from the distributor. Most shops will give you a break for a sure sale, as opposed to what they have to get to buy and gun and let it sit on the shelf.

The LH 452 is not discontinued, nor is it hard to locate.

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
All, thank you. Very useful information and much appreciated.

FYI only- I can shop around locally but the main local CA gun store wanted ~$100 more than what I can find online (+ CA sales tax), but also wants to charge an FFL transfer fee of $125 for any used rifles and will not accept FFL transfer of any new firearms. Sounds a little harsh so I need to make a few more calls.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

FYI only- I can shop around locally but the main local CA gun store wanted ~$100 more than what I can find online (+ CA sales tax), but also wants to charge an FFL transfer fee of $125 for any used rifles and will not accept FFL transfer of any new firearms. Sounds a little harsh so I need to make a few more calls.

Yes sir you definitely need to find another FFL, whereabouts in CA?

Last edited by Certifiable; 11/16/16.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by drover
Have you checked Whittaker Guns, the last time I looked they had a lot of 452's and at a very good price.

I just bought Whittaker's last 452 on Monday...
There's a couple hundred left in the US and that's it...
Here's a thread from RFC with some info as to the whereabouts.
Menber "LeonardS" works for CZ so his info is pretty accurate.
If you want one you better get busy...

Luck

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798521

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fourbore

If you have a local gun shop that will treat you right, then you can simply ask him to order you one from the distributor. Most shops will give you a break for a sure sale, as opposed to what they have to get to buy and gun and let it sit on the shelf.

The LH 452 is not discontinued, nor is it hard to locate.

Oh really...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I got mine from Whittakers prolly 4-5 months ago when Whittakers supposedly said the 452 leftys were about dried up. I jumped on it right then.

I suppose you could try Gunbroker. If in fact they are getting scarce, then finding one may take precedence over 'a good price'.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Cleanse your mind and memory of that clown. Look elsewhere..

What a schmuck.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Cleanse your mind and memory of that clown. Look elsewhere..

What a schmuck.

Agreed....that's just plain stupid....even by CA standards....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Bud's shows to have LH 452s in stock. Whether they ship to CA or not I don't know.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/2084_36_63_972/Firearms/Rifles/CZ-USA/CZ+Rimfire

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Yes sir you definitely need to find another FFL, whereabouts in CA?

Bay area. Willing to drive within 30 miles of Burlingame, CA. Who do you recommend? Please feel free to PM instead.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
It reads to me Buds will ship to california:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/feeds/state_reg/california_restrictions.pdf

For the disbelievers, I DO routinely see Left handed 452's in local bricks and mortar shops (shops plural). All CZ products come in batches and waves. Today, the 17 hmr seems like the most stocked version of LH 452. Popular or available, I dont know.

I cannot help the OP to find a willing FFL holder near his location. There are a lot of guys around here who get an FFL and run a part time business out of home. They generally ask a nominal $25. I had a gun into a full service shop because my back-yard guy was on a trip. I am a regular customer. The big shop, has a $50 fee. When my gun came in he said "No Charge". I am sure if you call and ask, the fee is $50. But some places are over top in so many ways, I have no idea how they stay in business.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I know the op wants to limit it to a 30 mile drive, but I'd drive to Nevada before I'd give that hack $125 for a transfer. Following federal laws you can purchase a rifle from a dealer in a different state, you can also have them transferred in to a different state and they can do the transfer (again, rifle only). I can't say if CA has any "special rules"....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For the disbelievers, I DO routinely see Left handed 452's in local bricks and mortar shops (shops plural). All CZ products come in batches and waves. Today, the 17 hmr seems like the most stocked version of LH 452. Popular or available, I dont know.

I cannot help the OP to find a willing FFL holder near his location. There are a lot of guys around here who get an FFL and run a part time business out of home. They generally ask a nominal $25. I had a gun into a full service shop because my back-yard guy was on a trip. I am a regular customer. The big shop, has a $50 fee. When my gun came in he said "No Charge". I am sure if you call and ask, the fee is $50. But some places are over top in so many ways, I have no idea how they stay in business.

For those who "disbelieve" 452's are discontinued....try buying one a year from now....or simply use the phone that's permanently attached to everyone's hand these days and call CZ and ask em.....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Sent you a PM lefty...

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

For those who "disbelieve" 452's are discontinued....try buying one a year from now....or simply use the phone that's permanently attached to everyone's hand these days and call CZ and ask em.....

Ok, there may be some confusion. CZ discontinued the RIGHT HANDED 452. CZ is still producing and catalog the LEFT HANDED 452.

They build a Left Handed American in 22LR and 17 HRM. I see them all the time. The have a beautiful blue, contoured barrel, the 17's still come with real steel magazines.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wrong.....threaded rimfire actions are a thing of the past for CZ....the only reason they still show the LH 452 on their web site is because of inventory....or to put it a little simpler...LH doesn't sell as well as RH so they still have a bunch....

But again...don't take my word for it...call em and ask em....

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
That would mean they are planing "someday" to produce a left handed 455. I would expect if we wait long enough that will be the case. You may agree with my opinion, the 452 is a better gun. Or not.

If you made the call and know more specifics, then go ahead and share with the OP. He is left handed. I am right handed.

I dont get the reference to threaded barrels. What is that about?

Bottom line, LH 452 are available now. And if they have a 5 year or 5 month inventory. I dont know. Guess, the OP better buy a gun if he is serious. There could be a time period where th 452 run out and 455 is not into production. I am not in a phone call mood.

I wonder how many FFL holders in California? It just cannot be that difficult. I shoot at a club and get the local gun gossip. Today they call that networking.

Heck, talking about a phone call. Why not call Buds and see if they have a list of FFL holders. Most big internet sellers do that. Some times that pops up during checkout.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 908 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.