Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Barrett bought all the assets of the failed Forbes company. That is all there was to that.

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
They screwed over lefties by dropping all models and mention of LH guns on their site. Any company that plays those games shows lacking in customer service to say the least. They just got stuck in the ignore file along with Kimber.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Tennessee
Barrett bought all the assets of the failed Forbes company. That is all there was to that.

Why?

Did they lighten up the left over Forbes actions for their rifle? Stocks?

I'm just curious what has happened to all the Forbes stuff since Barrett was selling them at one point. Sold everything off then designed their own rifle?

Last edited by adam32; 01/24/17.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by KenMi
They screwed over lefties by dropping all models and mention of LH guns on their site. Any company that plays those games shows lacking in customer service to say the least. They just got stuck in the ignore file along with Kimber.

The LH rifles are going into production. They are just not the first few SKUs to ship so they are not listed to avoid any customer confusion.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by adam32

Why?

I'm just curious what has happened to all the Forbes stuff since Barrett was selling them at one point. Sold everything off then designed their own rifle?

Doing some reverse engineering and tweaked enough not to get sued?

Bolt release looks the same on the Forbes and Barrett.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by tkinak
Originally Posted by adam32

Why?

Doing some reverse engineering and tweaked enough not to get sued?

Bolt release looks the same on the Forbes and Barrett.

I don't know a thing about it but I figure Melvin had contract with Forbes that didn't carry over to Barrett.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope they turn out a good product.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K

The LH rifles are going into production. They are just not the first few SKUs to ship so they are not listed to avoid any customer confusion.

That may very well be true, but it has turned off MANY LH shooters. Several people have received various answers from the same customer service person, from "I don't know", to "they should be out late in the year, but there is no timeframe".

If it was to avoid any customer confusion, it did just the opposite. This was one of the few LH announcements around SHOT show time, and it turned into a disappointment, when the models were removed from the site with no explanation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Maybe its just the angle of the camera but the bolt handle on that rifle looks much different than the productions ones I've recently seen posted. The newer ones look like they have a shorter bolt handle??

Was that a prototype rifle maybe or pre-production?? Regardless looks like a nice rifle overall.

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 01/24/17.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger

That may very well be true, but it has turned off MANY LH shooters. Several people have received various answers from the same customer service person, from "I don't know", to "they should be out late in the year, but there is no timeframe".

If it was to avoid any customer confusion, it did just the opposite. This was one of the few LH announcements around SHOT show time, and it turned into a disappointment, when the models were removed from the site with no explanation.

You sound like a 5 yo girl that didn't get her way.

Seriously.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very interested in this rifle, and plan on buying the first one I can put my hands on.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Everyone is going to get there way. The LH rifles are rolling into production ASAP. There are about eight part numbers rolling out first to fill open orders. Two reciever sizes, eight unique barrels.

These components are made on machines at Barrett. It just takes a minute to get that much new product into a production schedule that already includes all the existing rifles.

Stickers are still being removed from brand new machines to get all this stuff in.

More important to be accurate than fast.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
That is a great explanation. That is all it would have taken as a note on the site to avoid people thinking they were dropped all together

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Higbean

Seriously.

Seriously? That should be the question to ask a company why they would announce something, then just as quickly pull any reference to it, with no other word. Anyone would think the plans for that were totally dropped. Just put a "coming late 2017" next to the SKU. Not rocket science.

And, it doesn't really bother me when or if they do come out. Not looking to buy an unproven rifle at that price point at this time anyhow. I could buy 3 Tikkas for the about the same price, and be confident of what they are capable of.

Last edited by KenMi; 01/24/17.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Seriously.

Seriously? That should be the question to ask a company why they would announce something, then just as quickly pull any reference to it, with no other word. Anyone would think the plans for that were totally dropped. Just put a "coming late 2017" next to the SKU. Not rocket science.

And, it doesn't really bother me when or if they do come out. Not looking to buy an unproven rifle at that price point at this time anyhow. I could buy 3 Tikkas for the about the same price, and be confident of what they are capable of.

Jeesh, really! Methinks thou dost protest too much.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger

But you're not gonna buy one anyway.

P
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Everyone is going to get there way. The LH rifles are rolling into production ASAP. There are about eight part numbers rolling out first to fill open orders. Two reciever sizes, eight unique barrels.

These components are made on machines at Barrett. It just takes a minute to get that much new product into a production schedule that already includes all the existing rifles.

Stickers are still being removed from brand new machines to get all this stuff in.

The firearms industry never fails to disappoint. They announced this rifle in early 2016. Now at shot 2017. And now a lefty when? Wow. I had money ready to go. Maybe I'll go back to looking elsewhere.

Last edited by pathfinder76; 01/24/17.
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

The firearms industry never fails to disappoint. They announced this rifle in early 2016. Now at shot 2017. And now a lefty when? Wow. I had money ready to go. Maybe I'll go back to looking elsewhere.

You girls are laying down more guilt than a Pastor on Easter Sunday!

Is it a lefty thing?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pathfinder76

You girls are laying down more guilt than a Pastor on Easter Sunday!

Is it a lefty thing?

+1000
They said they would make some lefty guns. Isn't it reasonable for them to try to recoup a little money from the investment first by building the model that 90% of buyers will be interested in,rather than appeasing the 10% or less? You should be happy that they are promising to produce a left hand version instead of just being ignored.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Well I guess if we "should be happy..." then I can say a company should have better than half-baked product introduction combined with lousy customer service when asked simple questions. God only knows what would happen if a customer service issue on a gun needed attention.

Page 4 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 62 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.