Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
One at the peak of the gun ban fear with Obama and Clinton. Guess they realized they should keep it.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Burleyboy is a great seller and person. I bought a Remington SF CDL barrel off of him that he really didn't want to sell and it's now one of my most accurate rifles. He also sold it to me at a great price.

My only bad transactions have been with people who overly state their products and give you pictures hiding the worst wear. These transactions have been far and few between and all of those sellers are now on ignore.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know that I've had any deals go bad selling stuff. Bought a scope once that had a messed up power ring. Cost a whole $12 to send to Leupold to rebuild for free and it's like new now. Was still a good deal and never even mentioned it to the seller.

Rifle transactions are the most nerve racking, but all have been smooth, going both ways.

I do hate getting stuff that smells like an ashtray. Although once I swore it was the same pipe tabacco as my great uncle. That was actually kinda cool.

Anyway, stuff happens and it's really easy to type "I'll take it". Does suck if guys back out, but if all I've lost is a little time and them a little embarrassment, then no biggie.

All in all it's pretty sweet when you can buy something used, fiddle with it for a little while and sell it for practically what you paid, just kinda losing on the shipping.

Not bad at all....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
For phucqks sake, if you sold something that was incorrectly described, such as a 22" barrel you said was 24", or a generic that you sold as a brand name, then for phucqks sake simply offer to take it back when it's found out. Is your word not worth a chit? Oh really, it's past your return period, you fuggin retailer...

If you say you'll "Take It" - if you can pay Friday - that does not mean you have till Friday to change your mind about taking it - you done already took it buddy.

Been poor as heck at times and on both ends of over 300 deals... That is something some guys have been away from for decades if ever... Some understanding is appreciated. It doesn't hurt to make a couple trade offers, although dozens are a bit much. LOL A few payment purchases sure have been swell.

One guy got all pissed that he received his item - but there was nothing inside the box indicating his name... So - the outside of the box did not suffice, although delivered just fine? I'll have to speak to my shipping department about packing slips.

The Classifieds has been a very interesting part of the 'Fire for me. It's how I found it, a guy selling a scope I was looking for a deal on. Dammm I was paranoid sending that money! But I got it. Not happy with something we did? No worries, let's work it out....

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 16bore
I can't understand why it's so hard to send pics. Maybe try an iPhone or something.

Or maybe post pics to begin with.

Dunno....

^ this.

One mans new in box is another mans 'like new' or ' only used it once. It shouldnt be but it is.

Pics tell a thousand words. I dont get not posting them in the thread.

As for changing minds or flaking out, I cant speak to that.

I used to sell a lot of stuff online and 'back then', say 10 years ago maybe a little less, i'd often ship without reciveing payment. Scams are more prevelant now imo.

I think overall the fire is pretty solid though. guys here root out the dooshbags pretty fast and are generally merciless on them.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Only been trading, buying and selling on three sites plus GB for five or six years. Gave up on one site because of all the 'rules.' Never had a problem with the gents on The 'Fire. Plenty of good faith to go with good deals. I've waited and been waited for when shippers mess up or funds don't arrive in a timely manner. Never had a 'shouting match' or felt like I was taken. Good people here. My thanks to all of you for adding fun and fellowship to my life.

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have bought and sold only on the fire. The men I have dealt with were honest, interesting and true gentlemen. You can tell true outdoorsmen, hunters and shooter, it is a way of life, we stick together and are like minded. Gary U

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 16bore
I can't understand why it's so hard to send pics. Maybe try an iPhone or something.

Or maybe post pics to begin with.

Dunno....

I don't do pictures. But I'm more of a buyer than a seller.

I have a much bigger gripe with USPS "misplacing" payments going or coming and losing packages that weren't sent via Priority Mail. Within the past year, I've had one outgoing package lost, headed to Montana, two outgoing payments sent via 1st Class and at least four incoming payments sent via 1st Class. USPS 1st Class is good, but if I'm sending more than a couple hundred dollars I use Priority Mail.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 12/06/16. Reason: Add stuff I'd initially forgotten
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
iPhone pic, photobucket, thread. Just a matter of monkeying with it. Hell, I used to edit everything and crop stuff and all that mess. iPhone 6 made it gravy.

Probably the easiest thing is to offer texts. Guy wants an up close of a certain part or area, just takes a few seconds. I'm a little anal in that I just want to make the buyer at ease as to what he's getting. Sooooo many good finds here that I'd rather not take a chance at a dick deal.

It's really a good platform for getting toys. Maybe too good.

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have no problem texting pics of a scope or whatever if a guys legitimately interested in it. I just emailed some out a few minutes ago. I also have no problem taking something back if a guys not happy with it.

Just frustrated with guys lately doing things like saying I'll take it if you'll wait a few weeks until I get paid and then telling you 3 weeks later they've changed their minds. Or even worse the guys that say they'll take it and that they're sending payment and then you never get the payment and never hear back from them again. It just leaves you hanging.

Bb

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'll take it.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Im currently on my third issue of USPS taking their sweet time to deliver payment. Twice as a buyer, and once as a seller. PayPal is totally the way to go, PERIOD.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Had a couple of flakes here. No rip offs, just people who said I'll take it and then never followed up or they backed out after wasting my time for a few days.

Also had one or two where I was told that it was mine and then they took a higher offer.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Once, after I said I would take it, the seller disappeared. Disappointing, but I hadn't sent money yet.

Overall, there are a great bunch of guys on the fire and I haven't been burned yet.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use the ignore function as I see posts of deals that have gone bad. Sometimes it's the whiner and sometimes it's the azzhole that doesn't give a schitt. Haven't used it much, but I'll know who NOT to buy from or sell to if it ever comes up.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems. I was the problem on one transaction because I forgot to send payment.....TWICE! Usually everything goes fast and no problems.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As far as the hassle of sending pictures goes I almost always have pictures in my original post. I don't like buying anything used sight unseen and don't expect anyone to purchase my items without a picture. Take the time to post a picture in the original add and save everyone involved time.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by doubletap
Once, after I said I would take it, the seller disappeared. Disappointing, but I hadn't sent money yet.

Overall, there are a great bunch of guys on the fire and I haven't been burned yet.

All of my deals have gone through flawlessly. I agree about the great bunch of guys here. I also do like 257heaven does and put some on ignore if I know they are known scammers. I actually see one guy on my ignore list about 5 posts above this one... OP, As far as pics go, I'm not going to buy an item if it doesn't have pics in the listing. A listing should have so many damn pics that it doesn't leave any question or concern on condition. One thing that boggles my mind is why some guys start a new PM everytime they want to ask you a question. I've had a couple do this and one recently in fact. New pm for question on item, new pm for payment information, new pm for address, new pm for well my wife is going to send paypall payment, new pm for "did you get my wifes payment".... Ok, now we are into the same deal with 6 different pm's. Come on, keep this chit simple and let me know when you get the brass I sent to you, even though I know it arrived to your address because of tracking.... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I've bought and sold a lot on here, and have never had a bad transaction.

As to ads without pictures, that is a non-starter for the buyer. If you can't post a picture of the actual item, how on earth can the buyer have any assurance at all of what they are getting?

If you don't want pic requests, then simply post pics to start with, since visual confirmation is the only thing the buyer has to go on.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Haven't bought or sold all that much. But all my buying or selling on the 'Fire has gone off without a hitch. All in all a great bunch to deal with.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've had positive experiences, albeit there are those that simply refuse or are not bright enough to communicate.

Simply stating when money has sent, has been received, and when item was sent with a tracking number goes a long way. Courtesy to inform that item has been received and is in good condition helps too.

Both buyers and sellers...use your brain!

Oh, and stating you can't figure out how to post a picture simply has me(and I'm sure others) skimming right on past to something else.

Last edited by littlecmonkey; 12/06/16.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (2003and2013, 257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,397 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.