Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Elk hunting in SW MT used to be some of the best in the USA. People came from all over the world to hunt the elk here. Those days are gone now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been lucky to hunt 3 great ranches in South Texas.
The Jaral in Zapata county
The Cooke in LaSalle
The Cochina in LaSalle and Dimmitt
When it's happening you think it will never end but sadly it does. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From a small island Near Kodiak I have killed several B&C blacktails, scads of seaducks, foxes, river otters, and in sight of it I have been there for a half-dozen brown bears. Two of the bears were on my own tags.

But then we have killed seven bull moose in the last two years from the same camp with only one tag unfilled.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have never paid for hunting rights on anything, except a Newfoundland guided moose hunt. That being said, the best hunting is wherever I am currently standing with a gun in my hand.

I have hunted in Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Wyoming, plus on land owned by my ranch friends here in Nebraska and I cannot pick one that was less fun, or productive than the others.

It is really hard to beat a Wyoming cow elk hunt, though, just for the toughness of the country.

Just for something different, a little goose hunting with friends is always a hit, too.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've hunted all the western states, and colorado probably has the best diversity of species.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nevada for Mule Deer and Elk and some Pronghorn. Nowadays it is very difficult to draw the good tags.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
I had a 1000 acre lease to myself in Coleman Texas. Big bucks, tons of quail and doves.I had it for 25 years. I miss it. Owner died, kids sold it.

I had a place in Shenandoah County which was my favorite. I can't say I had the most success there, but I had the most fun.

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Richland Parish, Louisiana....before the bulldozers came and ruined it all in 1964! frown Had hundreds of thousands of acres of hardwood timber I could go anywhere on to hunt....whitetails and mallards galore!

And I've killed quite a few bucks down in Dale County, Alabama hunting with folks named Sconyers!! Good times galore!! grin

Last edited by Sharpsman; 12/08/16.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
E
ewc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Wayne/Hardin County TN - near a little knob called Olivehill,TN.

Have a cabin on Hardin Creek with a wood stove, electricity thru a generator, hot shower, dish TV for football games after hunting, deer a plenty +P, and always have my 5 best friends there.

Around 700-1000 acres. Some yrs 700, some 1000.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Aroostook County in Maine, I took my first and biggest buck there. That deer sported an enormous palmated 11pt. rack and field dressed 254#, harvested in 1974 it holds the camp record to this day. Something about hunting the big woods, spent some time hunting in the Adirondacks too.

IC B3

E
ewc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Richland Parish, Louisiana....before the bulldozers came and ruined it all in 1964! Had hundreds of thousands of acres of hardwood timber I could go anywhere on an hunt....whitetails and mallards galore!

And I've killed quite a few bucks down in Dale Country, Alabama hunting with folks named Sconyers!! Good times galore!!

My aunt is the judge in Claiborne (Homer), Bienville, and some other parish.

I love that area.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My best has been in AK.
I have flown into country a man never see unless he charters a Beaver on floats. It's wonderful country.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Namibia

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
The best hunting to me was in NW PENN hunting grey squirrels.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My friends ranch here in NW Wyoming. Lived on it for 10 years, now we are about 10 miles down the road. Still guide and cowboy for them and hunt.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The public land that dad and I hunted, never got much but good memories.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Komga South Africa

[Linked Image]

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back during my college days living in Cushing and Cleveland Oklahoma. Pawnee and Osage county Oklahoma. Turkey, Bobwhites, Whitetails, Fox, Bobcats, Dove, Ducks, you name it. Fish, fur and game was plentiful.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by hanco
I had a 1000 acre lease to myself in Coleman Texas. Big bucks, tons of quail and doves.I had it for 25 years. I miss it. Owner died, kids sold it.

I know that area in general, and a few spots in particular. It's truly some of the most beautiful and productive land in Texas, which is saying something! I bet you miss the hell out of that place.

For me, there have been some wonderful hunting places, but I can't say that any of them were ever the best place. I know some farms along the Red Deer River in southern Alberta that were thick with pheasants and huns (and probably still are), and the duck-hunting in the sloughs along the river was sometimes spectacular. And the mule deer hunting in the foothills of the Alberta Rockies is visually spectacular and the deer are huge. But I've also hunted some spectacular country in eastern Wyoming for pronghorn and deer that, although beautiful by day, was a wonder for the brightness and sheer unimaginable numbers of stars at night. And my first sunset over the bushveldt in Zimbabwe sealed the deal on my love affair with that gorgeous, game-rich country.

There is simply no best place for me. Except perhaps the next place.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Namibia

My wife's niece was doing missionary work there. She met one of the locals and brought him back, and married him. eek

It was some pretty good culture shock when he got over here.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1badf350, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,164
Posts18,503,048
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.