Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by cra1948
A heavy-barrel 77 Ruger .25-06 that shot 75 grain Sierra HP's into bugholes at obscene speeds; a pre WWII 94 Winchester .32 Special that was like new/no box; a Belgian Browning A5, 3" 12 gauge

After those I quit getting rid of guns except to give them to family and friends.

that's where I am. as well

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Oh please! if I had a nickel for every time I did that! frown

Me too......

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I traded a sporter Rem 40XB, .22LR some years ago.

I don't regret the trade, really didn't like the gun.

But, I see what they're selling for now... shocked

They weren't that expensive back then.

I don't miss the gun, just the money I left on the table... grin

DF

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Sell a gun! That's blasphemy!

Guns are not to be sold... you only buy guns.

I've sold a lot of my guns over the last 30 years mainly to pay bills or to fund a new build. I regret ever selling all of them. I had some handguns that have collector value now...except I am no longer the collector/owner of said firearms. Five years ago I decided I would never again sell one of my guns. Thus far, other than unloading a Gary Reeder big bore single action revolver that was a travesty, I have not sold a another firearm. I have, however, managed to begin building my collection again. I just have to save the $$$ over the long haul, rather than selling one of my guns, to purchase the firearm I want. I'm a bit impatient, so it's always a struggle to not sell one of my guns at an average 20% to 30% loss to get the funds to purchase the newest firearm I fancy.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've sold a couple of .22's, and two shotguns that I'm happy are gone. The one I regret was a Savage-Stevens bolt action 30-30, my first deer rifle, which I bought from the hardware store for $79. Why did I ever trade that in on the Red Label, which I still have?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was a time every time I bought a new gun I had to sell one to pay for it. I'll name a few . Colt Python I bought for 90.00 dollars in the 60's. Hi power in the 60's. A couple of 40x's I got tired of shooting. I could go on but it's going to make me throw up. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Right on brother Randy!

I've always gotten it in my head...

that I don't sell my firearms....

I do have a habit of giving one or two away occasionally to someone in need...

but thankfully I've never been in position to have to sell any to just survive....

I've given all of them to my son anyway.....I have no need to 'own' a firearm any more anyway....I can borrow the use of one if needed.... whistle

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Can't say I regret selling/trading any, as by the time I make the decision for one to vacate I've had my fun with it.

I do regret not buying a closeout Steyr Professional NIB for $500 when the SBS launched. I also regret not buying a used Merkel 47 20ga for ~$1,500 circa 2002.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sold a couple that I'd like back for sentimental reasons.

Colt Woodsman in the box with instructions and plastic backstrap filler, that and a Browning Challenger with beautiful grips that I bought in 1968 for the princely sum of $75.

Mostly I regret selling run of the mill stuff that I did not realize would command ridiculous prices these days, otherwise I'd have bought a buttload of Nylon 66's, Rem 788's and maybe a few Savage 340's. Plus a half dozen each of Colt Pythons and Diamondbacks in .22 and .38.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Yep, my theory too. I"ve sold only a few. 788 in 308 that was to pay a bill to me. SHould have kept it but no big deal really.

Sold a Redhawk once short on cash to upgrade to a 329PD. No loss there at all.

Sold 2-270s was given to pay bills... and then won one of the damn things... so decided it was for a reason, kept it, put a cheap scope on it, loaded some ammo and its now a loaner. Really should have paid to trade it for a 223 at the time... but had the idea I'd have it rebored anyway, and then the reboring guy said no way in hell he would ever try to rebore a ruger american ever again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My biggest mistake was selling this 98 Mauser 6.5X55 Swede

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All of them and that is too many to list! frown frown frown

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Me too .... it's just one of those mistakes we all make

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

In my case, I run out of room, my safes are full.

If I want something different or new, I have no problem turning inventory into a new project.

If I never sold or traded anything, I'd have a major storage problem.

I guess it depends on now active a trader.

DF

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hotload

Me too .... it's just one of those mistakes we all make

That is odd, for me it has always been the need for money.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Many times. Ar-15 Varmint build and a Savage .243 build are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Kelly
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Ruger 77v .25-06. Fiddle back stock from fore-end tip to butt pad. Damn, I wish I hadn't. Don't anymore!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by cra1948
A heavy-barrel 77 Ruger .25-06 that shot 75 grain Sierra HP's into bugholes at obscene speeds; a pre WWII 94 Winchester .32 Special that was like new/no box; a Belgian Browning A5, 3" 12 gauge

After those I quit getting rid of guns except to give them to family and friends.

that's where I am. as well

got 22 years in with this company, making good $$$$, no need to sell

HOWEVER ... I wonder about the retirement.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
yep back in 2007, I bought a brand new Ruger NO 1A in 7mm rem mag, couldn't get it to group, so I sold it, Big Mistake, I should of had the work done to make it accurate, still kick myself for that, I will never sell a gun again

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by roundoak
Sold every .270 Win that I won in a drawing or took in on trade, but never suffered any remorse. grin

My regret to the OP's question was a 270grin, a beautiful 100% condition 1962 year model Browning Safari Medallion, it was flawless, along with it's little gloss 2-7 Leupold in the factory engraved rings, would bughole 150 gr Partitions in calm winds. cry

Oh yeah those Belgium made Brownings were to die for.I had one in 7 Rem.mag with super wood!!! shocked

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

621 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,413
Posts18,470,469
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.