Hop To
S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Folks
Does anyone use a digital measure / scale combo ?
If so what are the pros / cons of them ? What brand do you have and would you purchase it again or a different brand or not another ?
I've only read about the Pact I like the fact it's made in USA but don't much else about them.
Thank you in advance for your time and help
Semper Fi
Soup

HR IC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have both the pact and RCBS. The charge master is faster and easier to operate. In fact I've wound up with 2 pact units. Both of my dispensers are gray. But one of my scales is the RCBS made by pact which is green. I've had these for years and they have been back to pact for repairs. The last time the green scale needed repairs pact said they no longer serviced this model. So now I have a green paper weight. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the RCBS ChargeMaster. It is the only dispenser/scale unit I have experience with, but I did a good bit of research reading articles and reviews before buying and I would buy one again.

Pros:
Reasonably fast (I programmed mine to be faster)
Accurate to within 1/10 grain about 95% of the time. (Verified by both an RCBS 5-10 beam scale and a Gempro 250 electronic.)
Easy to fill and drain powder.
Easy to calibrate.
Maintains accuracy very well. I keep mine turned on and the loading room at a fairly constant temperature which I think helps.

Cons:
Occasionally gets wonky due to static electricity when ambient humidity is very low. This is easily dealt with by wiping down the unit and surrounding surfaces with a drier softener sheet.
If it is not left on it takes awhile to warm up and settle down.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
+1 for chargemaster. I have 2 presses side by side, one for sizing & one for seating.

I hit go on the chargemaster. I FL size/deprime the 1st piece of brass. Seat the primer. By now, the chargemaster is done. Pour powder. Seat bullet. FL size/deprime the 2nd one. Prime the 2nd one. Chargemaster is done with the 2nd one by then. And on and on.

No waiting with this method, assembly line style.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
+2 RCBS CM, avoid the Lyman took 1/2 hr to stabilize, drifted a lot, even sent it back and the replacement drifted. RCBS works great.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
+3 The RCBS Chargemaster is the gold standard the rest wish they could compete with. Been a great addition to my loading bench.

SEARCH RESULTS 24Hourcampfire.com Powder Dispenser

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 12/05/16.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Soup Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
TTT

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
I really like the RCBS myself. Had mine for 5 yrs with no hiccups. RCBS has fantastic service just in case.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I did a lot of research before buying my rcbs chargemaster & have been well pleased with it. Natchez seems to usually have the best price.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, I bought mine from Natchez.

Soup, I answered your PM.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Prometheus is supposed to be the top ticket, was almost ready to buy when we quit shooting competition, no more 20,000 rounds plus a year to load and so on...

Had an older digital one years back, it was good, but slow. To slow for my tastes.

Ended up investing in top line powder measures and that was good enough for me.

We don't weigh our brass capacity, weighing powder charges, for the most part, is also a waste if your measure is good, your method good, and your load is developed correctly in a sweet spot.

I"d likely weigh again if shooting 1000 and beyond anymore...

I've heard almost nothing bad about the RCBS from shooting friends that have them though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another vote for RCBS

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have a recommendation for a digital scale (no dispenser) that is trickle compatible?

Thanks

RM

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Had a Lyman and it was a POS. Bought a RCBS and love it.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I've had my RCBS for 10 years now. Love it.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
+ on Loadmaster, friend swears by it. Id love to have the RCBS someday, but for now I trickle trickle trickle onto a Frankfort arsenal digi scale... Made a lexan cover to keep air movement from upsetting reading.

"The Individuals Rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the State, nothing is so dangerous to a Society."
Underestimated by everyone...
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have a Lyman Gen 6 and love it. Works very well and doesn't seem to drift nearly as badly as some have been reported to. I double check the scale before loading and keep an eye on it...it has always been dead on to my beam scale.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I had a 1st generation RCBS and found the powder measure to be slow, the scale also seemed to need more attention than I thought it should. I am not a high volume reloader nor do I load more frequently than once or twice a month, therefor I have gone back to a manual powder measure and balance beam scale. I will say this, I have tried other makes of electronic scales and have found that RCBS is the best by far.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Lyman Gen 2 is 15+ years old and is still going strong...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
have a Lyman Gen 2 and 6...both tits up and need to be sent back

currently running a Hornaday....so far so good......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,296 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,114
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.