Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Only one issue, back before I knew who safariman was..But to his credit he did refund the money.

I use ignore to remind me who not to deal with in the classifieds.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't he have some big ass yellow Chevy for sale at one time? I take back everything I said about pictures, didn't need to see that one....

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Got hosed on a rifle once, to the tune of $600. Contacted seller with the issue. He told me "Go [bleep] yourself, end of conversation." and hung up the phone. He's still selling here.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Craigster
Got hosed on a rifle once, to the tune of $600. Contacted seller with the issue. He told me "Go [bleep] yourself, end of conversation." and hung up the phone. He's still selling here.

You should post the link to the sale so that other folks would know to beware of dealing with him.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
SKane,

I don't post photos with ads because:

1) I found Photobucket a PITA, way too many times.

2) I found if I posted ANY photos on the Campfire, people would always be asking me to post more photos on the Campfire, and I already spend a LOT of time here anyway.

3) Found I sold just as much stuff if my ads said PM me for photos via e-mail. Often I don't even have to send any.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by Craigster

You should post the link to the sale so that other folks would know to beware of dealing with him.

Anyone wanting to know who he is can send me a PM.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
SKane,

2) I found if I posted ANY photos on the Campfire, people would always be asking me to post more photos on the Campfire, and I already spend a LOT of time here anyway.

3) Found I sold just as much stuff if my ads said PM me for photos via e-mail. Often I don't even have to send any.

John,

You're the most famous guy on this site! Who wouldn't trust you?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Ten years ago I sometimes shipped items before I received funds but I can't do that now because at least half of the buyers change their mind.

I used to have 99% of campfire deals go through without a problem. Why have things changed? Is it the economy or just the culture.

Also, I have had some of the same guys want pics on several of my different ads but they never even reply afterwards. Is there a lot of window lickers collecting pics on here now. I don't mind sending pics to someone who's really interested but it's a pain to send them to those who aren't. I don't ask for pics until I'm ready to take it and just want last minute confirmation on condition. My favorites are the ones who want pics of a NIB item.

I'm trying to understand what's going on.

Bb

you're spot on, when I first logged in and started buying there were several times the item shipped the day I said I'd take it. I used to do the same as well, and figured a man's word was worth it. but now because of what I've seen transpire a few times, I don't ship until funds clear. sad that a person's typed word aint as good as his face to face spoken one, or so it would seem. there are a few exceptions with folks I know or have dealt with in the past. just my .02

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Then, of course, there's "I'll take it!" regret, especially after the whiskey wears off. :-)

I admit I've done that, but followed through because a deal is a deal. my fault, not theirs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I use the ignore function as I see posts of deals that have gone bad. Sometimes it's the whiner and sometimes it's the azzhole that doesn't give a schitt. Haven't used it much, but I'll know who NOT to buy from or sell to if it ever comes up.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems. I was the problem on one transaction because I forgot to send payment.....TWICE! Usually everything goes fast and no problems.

I did this once with some 30 cal accubonds I was sent. was in college, single dad going through a divorce. I totally spaced on it and when I got a friendly pm 2 weeks after I received them that he hadn't received payment I felt so ashamed and owned up to the mistake. seller was understanding and payment was sent post haste by me. 2 days later he thanked me and said it was received. I still remember that like it was yesterday. good communication and a little understanding goes along way between honest folks. those who try to take advantage of that, well thats another sort.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SKane,

JB, you've said numerous times you just don't do photos unless via email. That's different than what I was referring. If someone needs photos, you've got them at the ready.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

Then, of course, there's "I'll take it!" regret, especially after the whiskey wears off. :-)

I admit I've done that, but followed through because a deal is a deal. my fault, not theirs.

Yep I have had that too and always follow through.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
never had a deal fall through until this thread popped up! Just recently had my new Hill Country Harvestor 'Sold", then three days later, the guy backed out. This thread jinxed my gun! lol

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 61 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,386
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.