Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Heard gunman flew into Ft. Lauderdale with gun + ammo in checked baggage. Claimed baggage, opened case, loaded and started firing. If true, that's the end of travel with firearms.

Chuck Schumer will be all over this.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I saw that too, and that's the first thing that entered my mind. Hopefully, (but I doubt it), they'll realize that it could just as easily come from the trunk of a car pulling up to the baggage claim...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TomSmith
I saw that too, and that's the first thing that entered my mind. Hopefully, (but I doubt it), they'll realize that it could just as easily come from the trunk of a car pulling up to the baggage claim...

Don't bet on it...

Chris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
New sheriff in town. I think that he can control Schumer. My question is, if he told the FBI prior to this, that the army was controlling his mind, why was he still allowed to have a gun? Shouldn't have had to have had treatment?

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We don't confiscated guns, and there is a slippery slope feeding mental health info into a national database that would prevent him from buying one last week.

I understand your reasoning - unstable people shouldn't have guns. HOWEVER, we need to talk about the law of unintended consequences in the 21st Century where we have an activist political climate.

As it stands now, a domestic violence conviction can bar you from ever buying a gun. Seems reasonable that if you are a cruel wife beating sonofabitch you shouldn't have a gun, right? So let's say for arguments sake, you are shacking up with Bambi the Stripper. She comes home drunk, hopped up on coke, and angry. She's still angry because you went over to your Ex's last week to help her move some furniture. She starts an argument with you. She does this about once every 2 weeks and you are sick of it. She always picks up stuff and throws it at you and you are not going to put with it any longer. You've had a few drinks too when Bambi goes off screaming at you and throwing chitt everywhere, She slings a bottle off your head and starts hitting you. You think "Enough of this BS" and slap the chitt out of her.

She now has a cut on her lip. dials 911, and you are in custody pronto. In court, she dresses up like she is 14 and cries and cries about what an abusive phouc you are. Neighbors say they could hear fights at your place every week or so, yelling and stuff breaking.

You are convicted and can't own a gun, ever! Sound fair? Not to me.

Let's now say Hillary and her crew were elected. I can see real quick where they'd pass all these "reasonable common sense" gun laws. With 16 years of Obama/HRC making court appointments, they'd find a way to deny lawful gun ownership by tilting the intent of each law to encircle as many as possible.

This is why every gun law is the nose of the camel.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by hatari

.. you are shacking up with Bambi the Stripper. She comes home drunk, hopped up on coke, and angry. She's still angry because you went over to your Ex's last week to help her move some furniture. She starts an argument with you. She does this about once every 2 weeks and you are sick of it. She always picks up stuff and throws it at you ...

I think maybe I wouldn't have a problem with some [bleep] so pathetic, emotionally needy and just plain stupid as to live in a situation like this being denied access to firearms.

Mathew 22: 37-39

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by hatari

.. you are shacking up with Bambi the Stripper. She comes home drunk, hopped up on coke, and angry. She's still angry because you went over to your Ex's last week to help her move some furniture. She starts an argument with you. She does this about once every 2 weeks and you are sick of it. She always picks up stuff and throws it at you ...

I think maybe I wouldn't have a problem with some [bleep] so pathetic, emotionally needy and just plain stupid as to live in a situation like this being denied access to firearms.
Well how about a guy throws a dish on the floor, wife calls cops and says he threw it at her. Domestic violence. Two weeks later she wants a divorce, she was just trying to make a case he was the bad guy. Thankfully the kids saw the insidence and tell that dad didn't through a dish at mom. True story, and not me.

Last edited by Farming; 01/07/17.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
That's a little different than maintaining a long-term domestic relationship with a wacked-out druggie stripper. If she's [bleep] up all the time you can bet he is too. Seriously, how many intelligent, responsible law-abiding citizens do you know in the
"Bambi the stripper" situation described?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The right to keep and bear arms so long as you are intelligent, responsible and not dating a stripper?

So long as your 16 gauge is safe what do you care?

Dumb schidts will never get it.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by cra1948
That's a little different than maintaining a long-term domestic relationship with a wacked-out druggie stripper. If she's [bleep] up all the time you can bet he is too. Seriously, how many intelligent, responsible law-abiding citizens do you know in the
"Bambi the stripper" situation described?

Yea it is different, my analogy wasn't hypothetical.
I personally don't know any Bambi the stripper situations, but according to a guy at the gun store the situation like I described is becoming fairly common. A situation this person thought might be incouraged by some divorce attorneys. I can't say if that is true or not, but I agree that it is a slippery slope.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Baggage claim is unsecured. Anyone off the street can walk in with a gun. It's more coincidence he flew.

He could have just as easily walked into the departing airport into baggage claim there before getting on the flight.

It's 100% true that each time a firearm and an airport are in the recipe the results only feed a growing media frenzy over gun control.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Higbean
The right to keep and bear arms so long as you are intelligent, responsible and not dating a stripper?

So long as your 16 gauge is safe what do you care?

Dumb schidts will never get it.

So you're okay with stupid, irresponsible, [bleep] up druggies being armed?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (1lesfox, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 24 invisible), 1,826 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.