Campfire Tracker
B
you related to this operation?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Caveat Emptor

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Can't find squat on cost.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
W
WeimGuy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by blairvt
you related to this operation?

I am not. A friend of mine is. He lives in Terlingua TX. and hunts them regularly.

"We don't rent pigs"
IC B2

W
WeimGuy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by taz4570
Can't find squat on cost.

I'll do the hard part.......
http://www.huntaoudad.com/our-hunts/

"We don't rent pigs"
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Chris Leland is a low life piece of schit. He takes money from hunters to lease property, then locks those hunters out to guide hunts on the same leased land.

He smokes a lot of pot and his desert survival skills match the delusions you would expect from a burn out has been living in a $500 trailer in the desert (ask him to tell you about the time it rained so much he saw whitecaps in the desert).

Forgot to mention, there's always a high likilihood that the local Sheriff's department will interupt your hunt to have a few choice words w/ Chris.

You can do better. Much, much better.

David

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Canazes9
Chris Leland is a low life piece of schit. He takes money from hunters to lease property, then locks those hunters out to guide hunts on the same leased land.

He smokes a lot of pot and his desert survival skills match the delusions you would expect from a burn out has been living in a $500 trailer in the desert (ask him to tell you about the time it rained so much he saw whitecaps in the desert).

Forgot to mention, there's always a high likilihood that the local Sheriff's department will interupt your hunt to have a few choice words w/ Chris.

David

Sign me up sounds like great time to be had...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
H
H

David

David,

Your public attack on a man who you know isn't on here to defend himself says a lot about your character but allow me to do my best to do so for him.

The situation you speak of should have you upset with Mike McKinny - not Chris Leland. Chris is just a guide.... and spends his day out guiding folks. Mike is the outfitter who "takes money from hunters" and has a bad habit of over booking hunters and promising on things he cannot deliver on - such as access to land he does not own nor lease. I hear about it on every hunter that comes down here - people are always complaining about him.

The deer hunters who were allowed to come down and setup on Chris' land were asked to stick to two SECTIONS of land that were designated for their hunt. Sitting and waiting for mule deer wasn't good enough for them though - apparently they thought driving around was the answer to hunting desert mule deer and demanded access to additional land. That wasn't an option at the time, because the other places had aoudad hunters on them.

Either way... it couldn't work out because there was only those 1200+ acres available for their hunt (which also happens to be some great muley country but who cares about that - the hunters certainly didn't). All of this was your outfitters fault - not your guides.

This is a regular occurrence down here though. McKinny hunters come down and don't even know who he is, and often wonder why he's not here. There's always confusion about pricing, guide fees and the like. It's always a mess.

This is where I come in. Living not far from Chris, and being a hunter and internet marketer myself with a track record in the hunting community, I knew we could bring a better breed of hunter down here who respects our land and our rules. Because the fewer McKinny hunters we have down here, the better off this place will be. Nothing against them personally, but you cannot sell a hunt from 500 miles away and then not be there to greet the hunter when they come in. There's always confusion

And here's the thing. Based on the info above, you're either McKinny himself, or you were put up to this by McKinny. Either way - very classy.

Here's a rave review from the most recent McKinny hunter to come down. He posted it for use on the HuntAoudad.com site and will be down to hunt exclusively with us next time, much like the last several McKinny hunters. (You can find this review on the HuntAoudad.com homepage)

"So those of you who want to get a taste of West Texas this is the hunt for you. Your guides Chris and Dave are true desert guys, outside of knowing all you would ever need to know about the sheep that inhabit this rugged area, they can also teach and show you all the essential desert survival skills it takes to live in this harsh environment. You will know from meeting them immediately that they care about you and you’re not just another number to them. This is the reason I will go back to them and why I will recommend my friends and peers to hunt with them. Not to mention that I harvested a sheep that exceeded my expectations and also saw double digit numbers of them every day on my hunt.
Kevin C."

Proof that this was McKinny's last hunter can be seen here:

https://sites.google.com/site/westtexashuntingorg/hunt-dates

Additionally, I decided to get involved with Chris after living 2 miles from him for 4 years. I saw that what he was doing down here was making a lot of hunters happy and that he'd bend over backwards for anyone. I also saw that he was taking a royal screwing due to his arrangement with McKinny and it really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't take to just anyone, but Chris came across as a man of integrity and my respect for him has only grown over the years.

As for white caps in the desert.... you don't think those happen? Are you attempting to insult his intelligence by mentioning that? Here's my house last year.... my closest neighbor has seen 7 foot deep water and whitecaps right here on our property.

https://www.facebook.com/TimelessRanchTX/videos/1016710255094589/

I'm not going to continue an argument with you on here. I just came by to debunk the nonsense that you posted above. A quick google search of your username tells me all I need to know about you. You're an internet troll, who pisses off a lot of people.

For anyone interested.... feel free to call me directly. We're offering one of the most budget friendly Aoudad Ram hunts in the country in a place with excellent aoudad genetics. Our hunting grounds have doubled since we've started working together and we can provide plenty of references. In addition our website has testimonials and our FB page has over 9,000 followers and you won't see an ounce of negativity on there.

I think all of that speaks volume.

Anyone who would like to speak to me directly, please call. If I'm available, I will take your call. If not, you'll hear back from me quickly. My personal cell and email is below - along with a toll free number if you need it.

Thank you

Chris Miller
HuntAoudad.com
432-294-3909
866-99-SHEEP
chrishuntaoudad.com

H
H
Another terrible account of hunting with Chris....

“I had the luxury of hunting with Chris Leland as my guide. I met him and his family the day before I was scheduled to hunt. We spent that evening getting to know each other and glassing the mountain. We spotted a handful of sheep and had a good idea of where to start in the morning.
We started up the mountain under the cover of darkness and got to a good stopping point while we waited for the sunrise. To my surprise Mr. Leland pulled out some home made breakfast burritos which were awesome. So we sat and watched the sun rise as we ate breakfast on the mountain. Once it was light enough to start glassing again we slowly continue up attempting to locate our sheep again. Eventually we found them at the top and located a great shooter bedded down.
Chris took me to another little point that sat across from where he was bedded down to set up for my shot. I made a good shot from peak to peak at 323 yards and watched as my ram disappeared just over the bluff. I felt great when I let the bullet fly but did not expect the ram to get up so I became a little discouraged. He assured me the shot was good and my ram would be close. He was correct and he found my ram laying about 30 yards on the other side of the peak.
We sat and chatted about the military service we both did while processing the ram and slowly began our decent. For just meeting him we bonded great. For me a good guide makes or breaks a trip. It’s not just about the killing of the animal to me. He made me feel like I was hunting with a buddy I’ve known for years. To me that makes a big difference.
I’ve hunted with a good amount of guides who get me on animals but I can tell they are just there to make money. Hunting with Mr Leland showed me he was about the full experience. Wanted me to be successful as well enjoy my hunt completely. To this day I still try to talk my buddies into going with me and hunting with him. He completely understands the mountain and the animals he chases. One of my favorite hunts I’ve ever been on and can’t wait to return. He also makes for a good photographer. The photo he took of me won the cover photo of Texas hunting forum. ”
C. Watson - SSgt. USMC/Retired

IC B3

H
H
And more....my ears are bleeding!

“Chris knows how to hunt these things. I’ve personally been on two hunts with him so far. Chris is so knowledgeable about the land and how to track these animals. I’ve never learned so much and had such a great time hunting! Highly recommend Chris to take you out and learn about the plants, about the land and terrain! It’s an experience you will never get with anyone else!!!”
T. Wylie - Alpine, Texas

H
H
Sheesh.... more....

“Your lower price hunts allows someone (like myself) who couldn’t afford a $5000 hunt to be able to go on a hunt of a lifetime. I can say this because hunting with Chris back in August was one of the best hunts of my life! Car-camping by myself for almost a week was just part of the adventure. You may not be guaranteed a gold medal ram or have a 5 star lodge with this hunt, but it’s a hunt you will never forget. Work your ass off and you could get the chance at a stud of a ram. , thanks to having an experienced guide like Chris that will literally do everything they can to get you a sheep is worth every penny! I was fortunate enough to get an awesome ram when I was there in August, and I would do it all again in a heartbeat!”
C. Sanford - Austin, Texas

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm glad I have some good friends that watch out for me and passed this post along to me.

Step 1- there was no commercial advertising allowed unless paid which I have done paid myself so this post should not be allowed.

Second, yes I do book hunts out there and at one time the hunting was good. Then along came huntaoudad (AKA Chris Miller) who wanted in on it and is now trying to back door me and send hunters out to the same property I thought I was on exclusively. Sad situation but that will all be fixed here shortly.

Chris- do not go blame a hunt on me when you do not know the situation. Bad mouth me all you want because I'm your competition but don't lie. I regularly check in- plan and schedule these hunts to try and give my clients the best experience possible. Now Chris Leland whether he is giving me honest scouting reports or now is a different story which like I said I am going to confirm here shortly.

And yes the other comments you posted are also from my clients.

If you want to play the tit for tat game your "hunters" you just recently booked were not so happy with your operation. They called me directly and told me when they were looking for another hunt. I have been around for 10+ years and plan to be here for many more. You just started off and are digging yourself a hole. Funny how you just messaged me 2 days ago wanting to meet up to help each other out yet your so quick to bad mouth me. Yeah your a stand up guy. Don't worry about that meeting.

Oh- and for the record why don't you tell everyone how you were re watermarking my photos from my clients to sell your hunts and contact my clients to get hunts....

I'm here to run a business and will only do it on properties I have exclusive access to so best of luck to you and Chris Leland in your business ventures.

PS. I'm not all about this back and forth message battle so reply all you want, message me but I have no interest in reading it.

Good evening.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/
H
H
Originally Posted by mulie_mike

Second, yes I do book hunts out there and at one time the hunting was good. Then along came huntaoudad (AKA Chris Miller) who wanted in on it and is now trying to back door me and send hunters out to the same property I thought I was on exclusively. Sad situation but that will all be fixed here shortly.

I never wanted in on anything. You created a situation where someone else had to get involved to salvage the hunting here. I've got enough going on in my life. It was thru screwing your guides and your hunters that opportunity popped up for others.

Chris- do not go blame a hunt on me when you do not know the situation. Bad mouth me all you want because I'm your competition but don't lie. I regularly check in- plan and schedule these hunts to try and give my clients the best experience possible. Now Chris Leland whether he is giving me honest scouting reports or now is a different story which like I said I am going to confirm here shortly.

So explain this particular hunt from your point of view then.

And yes the other comments you posted are also from my clients.

Testimonials either submitted to Chris directly, or HuntAoudad.com because they had nothing good to say about you.

If you want to play the tit for tat game your "hunters" you just recently booked were not so happy with your operation. They called me directly and told me when they were looking for another hunt.

More lies.... everyone we "recently booked" is paid in full and hasn't even been here yet. This makes no sense. Explain......

I have been around for 10+ years and plan to be here for many more. You just started off and are digging yourself a hole. Funny how you just messaged me 2 days ago wanting to meet up to help each other out yet your so quick to bad mouth me. Yeah your a stand up guy. Don't worry about that meeting.

Best of luck,....and I didn't just start off. I've been in the industry for 12+ years now. You only know what people want you to know. Me, Chris, and all of your hunters included.....

Oh- and for the record why don't you tell everyone how you were re watermarking my photos from my clients to sell your hunts and contact my clients to get hunts....

Be honest.... The photos, the land, the hunts,... all belonged to Chris. He gave me permission to post them on OUR site - they were HIS hunters after all!! They're still watermarked and used on our site. Good luck getting pics of good sheep on your own.

I'm here to run a business and will only do it on properties I have exclusive access to so best of luck to you and Chris Leland in your business ventures.

I'm sure you'll hear from the man soon enough. You've cut your own throat with your shady dealings.

Last edited by huntaoudad; 01/15/17.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
JFC.................

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Love how all this goes on...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good thing I just learned that bacon grease works good for popcorn.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntaoudad

David

David,

Your public attack on a man who you know isn't on here to defend himself says a lot about your character but allow me to do my best to do so for him.

The situation you speak of should have you upset with Mike McKinny - not Chris Leland. Chris is just a guide.... and spends his day out guiding folks. Mike is the outfitter who "takes money from hunters" and has a bad habit of over booking hunters and promising on things he cannot deliver on - such as access to land he does not own nor lease. I hear about it on every hunter that comes down here - people are always complaining about him.

The deer hunters who were allowed to come down and setup on Chris' land were asked to stick to two SECTIONS of land that were designated for their hunt. Sitting and waiting for mule deer wasn't good enough for them though - apparently they thought driving around was the answer to hunting desert mule deer and demanded access to additional land. That wasn't an option at the time, because the other places had aoudad hunters on them.

Either way... it couldn't work out because there was only those 1200+ acres available for their hunt (which also happens to be some great muley country but who cares about that - the hunters certainly didn't). All of this was your outfitters fault - not your guides.

This is a regular occurrence down here though. McKinny hunters come down and don't even know who he is, and often wonder why he's not here. There's always confusion about pricing, guide fees and the like. It's always a mess.

This is where I come in. Living not far from Chris, and being a hunter and internet marketer myself with a track record in the hunting community, I knew we could bring a better breed of hunter down here who respects our land and our rules. Because the fewer McKinny hunters we have down here, the better off this place will be. Nothing against them personally, but you cannot sell a hunt from 500 miles away and then not be there to greet the hunter when they come in. There's always confusion

And here's the thing. Based on the info above, you're either McKinny himself, or you were put up to this by McKinny. Either way - very classy.

Here's a rave review from the most recent McKinny hunter to come down. He posted it for use on the HuntAoudad.com site and will be down to hunt exclusively with us next time, much like the last several McKinny hunters. (You can find this review on the HuntAoudad.com homepage)

"So those of you who want to get a taste of West Texas this is the hunt for you. Your guides Chris and Dave are true desert guys, outside of knowing all you would ever need to know about the sheep that inhabit this rugged area, they can also teach and show you all the essential desert survival skills it takes to live in this harsh environment. You will know from meeting them immediately that they care about you and you’re not just another number to them. This is the reason I will go back to them and why I will recommend my friends and peers to hunt with them. Not to mention that I harvested a sheep that exceeded my expectations and also saw double digit numbers of them every day on my hunt.
Kevin C."

Additionally, I decided to get involved with Chris after living 2 miles from him for 4 years. I saw that what he was doing down here was making a lot of hunters happy and that he'd bend over backwards for anyone. I also saw that he was taking a royal screwing due to his arrangement with McKinny and it really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't take to just anyone, but Chris came across as a man of integrity and my respect for him has only grown over the years.

As for white caps in the desert.... you don't think those happen? Are you attempting to insult his intelligence by mentioning that? Here's my house last year.... my closest neighbor has seen 7 foot deep water and whitecaps right here on our property.

I'm not going to continue an argument with you on here. I just came by to debunk the nonsense that you posted above. A quick google search of your username tells me all I need to know about you. You're an internet troll, who pisses off a lot of people.

For anyone interested.... feel free to call me directly. We're offering one of the most budget friendly Aoudad Ram hunts in the country in a place with excellent aoudad genetics. Our hunting grounds have doubled since we've started working together and we can provide plenty of references. In addition our website has testimonials and our FB page has over 9,000 followers and you won't see an ounce of negativity on there.

Anyone who would like to speak to me directly, please call. If I'm available, I will take your call. If not, you'll hear back from me quickly. My personal cell and email is below - along with a toll free number if you need it.

Thank you

Chris Miller
HuntAoudad.com
432-294-3909
866-99-SHEEP
[email protected]

[bleep] keeps getting better.

Last edited by 79S; 01/15/17.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
For the record, Mike McKinney didn't double book me - he supplied me lease documents leasing Lelands place and another 1,000 acres. Chris Leland refused to allow me access to the additional 1,000 acres - he was guiding mule deer hunter on the property - we met them.

After discussing the situation with Mike McKinney, he booked every member of my hunt into 1st class hunts to salvage our mule deer season. The very least it cost him was every dime we had paid him for the lease. We had good hunts, took nice animals.

That's the only reason I didn't beat your ass at your trailer Chris - you owe Mike a great big public thank you.

David

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by huntaoudad

David

David,

Kevin C."

Thank you

Chris Miller
HuntAoudad.com
432-294-3909
866-99-SHEEP
[email protected]

Jesus your a lying sack of schit! You had guided hunters walking through your 1200acres whuke we were there, shooting at runty bucks, running the hand full of deer that were there out - we watche the whole f ucking thing. You're too stoned most of the time to remeber who you told, what.

Go schit in the arroyo behind your trailer and try to clear your head with the fumes.

David

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1minute, 70 invisible), 2,543 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,190
Posts18,503,409
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.